Recent Topics

Ads

What counters tanks?

Let's talk about... everything else
Orpheus66

What counters tanks?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:42 pm

I'm only in T1 but Destruction queued with like 6 tanks and they wouldn't die. We would easily kill the healers but they would just stand on the flag and by the time we go one low (if that) the healer would have respawned and started healing

I know it is only T1 but it was very frustrating that they were getting outplayed but because they were tanks they would win

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: What counters tanks?

Post#2 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:05 pm

Assist train does.

Smellybelly

Post#3 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:14 pm

As you mentioned yourself, its T1 and as such most people are not as aware of what they should be doing. If everyone assist eachother and attack the same target, that target tends to explode. This is tactics 101 in scenarios. Tanks can apply guard on another member and thus share their hp pool with that player, that works well as long as they are supported by healers but if healers are dead then you as a player can adjust by using punts on the tank who guards so he gets out of range (guard only works in close proximity to the guarded target), heal debuffs, parry/block debuffs etc etc. A bunch of sword and board tanks pose little threat themselfs due to lack of dps, if a tank use 2H weapon he himself will be much easier to kill so focus that tank and go to town. You can use assist macros (how to do that is found here on the forums). Lots of things to do really, but it becomes more apparent the higher in tiers you go.

kaje

Post#4 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:14 pm

If you killed the healers, intercept them on their way back. Stand between the tanks and their spawn point. Stop hitting the tanks and kill the healers again before they start healing.
Fenny of Combine, Elite, and Myrmidons from Volkmar

Kaje - Rune Priest

Mujrum - Zealot

Darks63

Post#5 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:16 pm

Typically the counter to heavy armor in this game is magical damage. But a healed tank will rarely go down to anything short of FF.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

empmoz

Post#6 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:11 pm

Tanks are the lowest priority targets, kill the healers + dps and the tanks will die

Aethilmar

Post#7 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:42 pm

empmoz wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:11 pm Tanks are the lowest priority targets, kill the healers + dps and the tanks will die
Two-hander tanks maybe be worth killing first, especially if they are a Blorc or Swordmaster since they are most likely to be lol-dps and paper thin.

But, otherwise this is generally true.

zulnam

Post#8 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:47 pm

Lack of assist. Tanks are dependent on group play to win so if you neutralise the group you kill the tanks.

Target order is healer > dps > tank.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Orpheus66

Post#9 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:17 am

I feel like people are missing the point as I said we killed the healer but we were not able to kill a tank fast enough because the healer would respawn and run back in time to heal the tank

You also forget that this is a pug scenario and the idea that 4-5 people will focus on one tank when there is 3-4 standing on the flag is ludicrous

M0rw47h

Post#10 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Orpheus66 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:17 am I feel like people are missing the point as I said we killed the healer but we were not able to kill a tank fast enough because the healer would respawn and run back in time to heal the tank

You also forget that this is a pug scenario and the idea that 4-5 people will focus on one tank when there is 3-4 standing on the flag is ludicrous
Team with more assisting people usualy wins. It's team based game.