Recent Topics

Ads

What counters tanks?

Let's talk about... everything else
jokerspsycho

Re: What counters tanks?

Post#11 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Could a been a premade. Tanks rotating taunts, guards, and challenges can stall for a good while. I'm honestly surprised u guys killed the healers if the tanks could rotate like that.

My guess is there was no focus and each person attacking one tank then each tank popping defensive and stalling individual deaths long enough for healers to rejoin the fight.

Ads
Chinesehero

Post#12 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:28 pm

u cant kill tanks that mean u are weak dps in order as usual. pls learn and make good build when u up to T4 and dont do a moron
Order is already many this kind of dps :twisted:

Chinesehero

Post#13 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:53 pm

Orpheus66 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:42 pm I'm only in T1 but Destruction queued with like 6 tanks and they wouldn't die. We would easily kill the healers but they would just stand on the flag and by the time we go one low (if that) the healer would have respawned and started healing

I know it is only T1 but it was very frustrating that they were getting outplayed but because they were tanks they would win
if u want kill tank easy u should play magical dmg toon like BW. engi. magus or sorc
full dmg focus off DPS SM also work

Darks63

Post#14 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 pm

Chinesehero wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:28 pm u cant kill tanks that mean u are weak dps in order as usual. pls learn and make good build when u up to T4 and dont do a moron
So i guess destro has alot of good dps then since they kill you on the regular :D .
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Grock

Post#15 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:52 pm

The real counter to tanks is yeet them off Image

Magic damage, armor debuffs and unholy levels of armor penetration (tactics, weaponskill, etc) also help a bit
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Chinesehero

Post#16 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:01 am

Darks63 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 pm
Chinesehero wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:28 pm u cant kill tanks that mean u are weak dps in order as usual. pls learn and make good build when u up to T4 and dont do a moron
So i guess destro has alot of good dps then since they kill you on the regular :D .

yesterday order SC winning and 1BO 1mara and 1 Chopa lose to me :lol: 3V1
my last aoe hit 1hit kill 3 at the same time really good experience
ofc I know many low rr destro now in T4 SC for those new players too but destro work good that BO switch guard when I change the target. they do well organized
if they rush to rr80 will be strong opponents

SaintRon

Post#17 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:24 am

T1 is a bit bonkers... if T1 was the game it would be like all AM/Shammy all the time no other classes, pack it in boys.

Specific to your example, assist is about all you can do. 6 tanks / 6 healer T1 would probably win most of the time though and you cannot balance for T1.

anarchypark

Post#18 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:13 am

if 3~4 defensive tanks holding fort and you have no dps to kill them all, capture other 2 flags.
cut any reinforcements early at base flag.
those tanks eventually die without support.

surround and starve to death strategy.
you let healer get to tanks were error i think.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#19 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:18 pm

What kills tanks? Well it's contextual and depends on the tank and the tier being played, but a lot of things.

1. If you are melee, not attacking from the front is the first thing. They cannot parry and block from getting hit in the back, reducing their chance at mitigating your damage.

2. If you do physical damage, armor debuffs and armor ignoring attacks go a long way to be able to deal damage to tanks.

3. Magical damage (early on) is good against tanks, later on they tend to get enough disrupt (and hold the line) and enough resists where it's not all that dissimilar from physical damage. So that being said, make sure you are debuffing their resistances.

4. Heal debuffs can allow you to kill a tank that is being healed in some cases (usually in combination with debuffing them as above).

5. Focus firing the tanks with multiple people assisting (usually in combination with debuffing them as above).

6. CCing or Pressuring the Tanks healers. Healers who are CCed or running away for their lives can't heal. Sometimes you want to split pressure on the enemy.

What Doesn't Kill Tanks:

1. Spamming tier 1 abilities that don't have any debuffs/armor ignores/do magical damage, to the front of tanks, with unoptimized DPS who aren't geared properly to really deal any damage.