Order lack of melee

Let's talk about... everything else
carlos

Re: Order lack of melee

Post#31 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Vlad333 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:57 pm Still t1 obviously
Guard is a myth
You don't see the problem here?

It's ok to be new but I would tone down the "i know best and don't want to listen" attitude a bit.
Starfkr

Ads
normanis

Post#32 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:31 pm

Vlad333 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:57 pm Now i made a Slayer just to check it out. Still t1 obviously, but i get melted by Witch Elves lmao. This class is so fragile and the dmg is no there. Basically i sacrifice everything to hit like everyone else. Good class design lol.
Ofc people play destro, a choppa doesn't have this issue + more mobility.
Also, no one is healing. Guard is a myth, you never see that in sc's.
Whatevs.
stack some armor/str talismans ( prety cheap if u level talisman making) also use apotecary for potions str/armor/hp
choppa in t1 is better because he have working racial from level 7+? byt dwarfs tactic dont work till u get in big game (after 16+). also on order side 2 clases can reduce choppas wounds and both of tham are 2h. and also in big game. u will will better as slayer at lvl 20 and 23 ( when u get 2 tactics and racial armor tactic) str + wild gambit is bis tactics for slayer.
so choppa is clearly in better position vs slayer
p.s choppa feel better when around is much mdps so u can pressure on enemy backlines. byt when u play slayer and the real frontline is only u than slayer need take all pressure from destro. use detount as much as possible.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Nidwin

Post#33 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:39 pm

So. Slayer is terrible, horrible and useless.
Sounds like it's time I roll one.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

TooGraphic

Post#34 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:00 pm

I've never noticed a difference in win rates between playing a healer, tank or dps. Order is just more casual and the fact that we have so many RDPS players is a symptom of that. It is possible to win or dominate with DPS heavy groups but you need *competent* players. Find a guild or some friends. Or go ez mode and roll destro.

Vlad333

Post#35 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:19 pm

I would've rolled destro a long time ago given the circumstances.
Only issue I have is that i collect and play the Warhammer Old World game..and i do not want to be a savage mongrel. As any other player, certain aesthetic elements may incline you to choose a certain faction. In my case, it is also the hobby of studying European Medieval culture. By default I am drawn to Order.
I will have to suck it up, level slow...and find a guild eventually.
Given that I am more of a solo player, what do you guys think i should stick with? Slayer, IB (2h lol ) or WH?

bichka

Post#36 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:13 pm

>Given that I am more of a solo player, what do you guys think i should stick with? Slayer, IB (2h lol ) or WH?

WL / AM pretty good for solo on this server, forget about WH. WH/WE doesn't do damage like on live.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#37 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:43 pm

TooGraphic wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:00 pm Find a guild or some friends.
This is never a valid response to any sort of class imbalance criticism.

Also Slayer only comes online at level 20. In fact MOST Order classes have terrible early game tactics/racials.
If WL's pet-less build were more viable I might roll one; I hate dealing with pets.

Aurandilaz

Post#38 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:09 pm

Order melee, both OP and nonexistant at the same time...
BUT, if carried by a good a group, borderline gamebreaking since most Destro is not used to dealing with a high dmg pressure creating melee AoE frontline.
Such hard choices...
Continue to play as a solo hero (order realm hero number 2938171 who refuses to group up and wonders why realm keeps losing) - or play with a group and start melting enemies? Only time shall tell us the end of this story...

Slayer is highest aoe mdps and has extremely high ST dmg pressure.
WL has highest ST melee burst and very good AoE pressure output.
WH is trash.
ASW is a ninja who will tear your tanks apart with crits and ignores shittons of armor while at it before leaping to next victim.

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#39 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:19 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:09 pm ASW is a ninja who will tear your tanks apart with crits and ignores shittons of armor while at it before leaping to next victim.
You have no idea how much I wish that were true. Futile blows removed again when?

OperSandwich

Post#40 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Ok, so I have played both sides now for quite some time (33,32,21,12 lvl characters on both sides).
Most of the time Order stomped hard in Sieges T2 up, with occasional times been outnumbered (while others WBs were in different location).
I did that as KoTBS which was nice to be useful, but sucked since as always tanks do zero damage. I played as Engineer sniper and it was all the same, plenty of melee on order side.
I played as BOrk tank in both SC and sieges, and though my SCs were frustrating at times, sieges were mirrored for what happened with kotbs.
Comparing Slayer vs Choppa, I was frustrated and annoyed by Choppa, in comparison he feels insanely weak and I don't quite get what makes this difference (maybe him passively getting berserk). Where Slayer was kicking ass both in orvr of nordland or elsewhere and doing major damage basically from lvl 6 in SCs, Choppa felt useless and barely doing any damage. For some reason his AOE sucks, while he feels like a mirror class and using both available AOE skills barely resulted in any significant damage.