Recent Topics

Ads

How does Scenario Renown & Experience distribution work?

Let's talk about... everything else
CTucker1327

How does Scenario Renown & Experience distribution work?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:00 am

Hey guys, I'm trying to get some information on how distribution of EXP & RENOWN works.

I play a Warrior Priest currently in T1 and I'm always all over the objectives. Carrying the flags. Capping the points. Keeping people alive. Getting kills.

However, even in the scenario's that we win, Chaos has gotten more experience and renown by quite a bit.

I'll use this screencapture from a recent scenario as an example:

In this scenario (Shadowlands) I held the artifact for the entirety of the game **Yes, we won**. Obviously died, because of the ridiculous debuff, then went and picked it back up. I was primarily focusing on keeping myself alive, but was also saving team-members from death when necessary. I didn't do much damage, because once again, I was trying to stay alive with the artifact, however I managed to land 3 KB and particpate in 32 kills.

With the leading chaos player having 32 kills, 4 deaths, and 2 DBs.. They managed 11,177 experience and 2,435 renown.
Myself, being the leading order player having 34 kills, 2 deaths, and 3 DBs, and owning the objective the entire game got 8,977 exp and 1,928 renown.

Can someone please explain how this is calculated? This is T1 so it's not something like the potion of acclaim. It's even more annoying because a large portion of their team was rewarded more than myself, when I basically did most of the work as far as actually scoring us the win.

Ads
mubbl

Re: How does Scenario Renown & Experience distribution work?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:25 am

most of the renown gained is based on kills in scs, also if you kill a higher lvl/renown char then yourself, you get a bigger reward. also the whole grp benefits of one players kill contribution, if not to far away.
"Pure" dmg or healing done, doenst influence renown/exp.
this is based on 8-6month old expirience so it may changed ^_^

CTucker1327

Post#3 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:26 am

mubbl wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:25 am most of the renown gained is based on kills in scs, also if you kill a higher lvl/renown char then yourself, you get a bigger reward. also the whole grp benefits of one players kill contribution, if not to far away.
So basically, tanks and healers and people that actually contribute to the victory in the SC are punished, and those who are running around doing nothing but chasing down kills are benefiting the most?

mubbl

Post#4 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:40 am

CTucker1327 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:26 am
mubbl wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:25 am most of the renown gained is based on kills in scs, also if you kill a higher lvl/renown char then yourself, you get a bigger reward. also the whole grp benefits of one players kill contribution, if not to far away.
So basically, tanks and healers and people that actually contribute to the victory in the SC are punished, and those who are running around doing nothing but chasing down kills are benefiting the most?
you get some reward for playing the objective, but it is/was marginale. Additinaly you shouldnt use that perspective, even if it feels like this sometimes. You have to be FAR away to not get "contribution" for the kills someone do in your grp.
normaly every archtype needs to do their base jobs to succed in sc, but that is depending on the enemys skill/set up heavly.
if you do the objectives, most of them give you around 75 sc points, which are around 75% of a medal at the end of the sc. you get 1 medal every 100 points for an sc, atleast you did prior.

ps. if a higher lvl/rr player kills a lower lvl/rr player he gets less rewarded

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:20 pm

CTucker1327 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:00 am Hey guys, I'm trying to get some information on how distribution of EXP & RENOWN works.

I play a Warrior Priest currently in T1 and I'm always all over the objectives. Carrying the flags. Capping the points. Keeping people alive. Getting kills.

However, even in the scenario's that we win, Chaos has gotten more experience and renown by quite a bit.

I'll use this screencapture from a recent scenario as an example:

In this scenario (Shadowlands) I held the artifact for the entirety of the game **Yes, we won**. Obviously died, because of the ridiculous debuff, then went and picked it back up. I was primarily focusing on keeping myself alive, but was also saving team-members from death when necessary. I didn't do much damage, because once again, I was trying to stay alive with the artifact, however I managed to land 3 KB and particpate in 32 kills.

With the leading chaos player having 32 kills, 4 deaths, and 2 DBs.. They managed 11,177 experience and 2,435 renown.
Myself, being the leading order player having 34 kills, 2 deaths, and 3 DBs, and owning the objective the entire game got 8,977 exp and 1,928 renown.

Can someone please explain how this is calculated? This is T1 so it's not something like the potion of acclaim. It's even more annoying because a large portion of their team was rewarded more than myself, when I basically did most of the work as far as actually scoring us the win.
usually lower levels get more exp for kills...

Ototo

Post#6 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:50 pm

No. You are missing in your calculation the victory/defeat bonus, that is scalating based on points for both teams, BUT THAT YOU CAN SEE ADDWD TO THE ENEMY TEAM TOTALS, while by contrast you are seeing your gains WITHOUT THE BONUS ADDED. In other words, you are seeing your enemies total exp+rr in the main scenario sum, but to see your realm total gain you need to add the number displayed as bonus on top to the number that you see in exp/rr in this window.

Kind of confusing, but you are factually getting more exp+rr than the losing team unless that the "winning" team is only scoring a couple kb versus the losing hitting well above the dozen.
Spoiler:

StrongUn

Post#7 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:10 pm

DPS healers gets less exp and rr!!!

CTucker1327

Post#8 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:04 am

Ototo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:50 pm
No. You are missing in your calculation the victory/defeat bonus, that is scalating based on points for both teams, BUT THAT YOU CAN SEE ADDWD TO THE ENEMY TEAM TOTALS, while by contrast you are seeing your gains WITHOUT THE BONUS ADDED. In other words, you are seeing your enemies total exp+rr in the main scenario sum, but to see your realm total gain you need to add the number displayed as bonus on top to the number that you see in exp/rr in this window.

Kind of confusing, but you are factually getting more exp+rr than the losing team unless that the "winning" team is only scoring a couple kb versus the losing hitting well above the dozen.
I wasn't missing that in my calculation, in the OP the screenshot provided was a game that i won. Another example here, on my ShadowWarrior where I had the most DBs and Most Damage in the game..

I only earned 5k exp, 400 renown here. Granted we lost, but even before victory bonus, the lowest exp on the enemy team was over double mine. With someone having 5x my earnings.

Ads
Zumzat

Post#9 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:52 pm

I noticed that I get the most exp (+20-30k from average sc party) when I kill people solo near objectives while checking/guarding them. When other party members show up to help the exp gets distributed among the group.
I level a shammy currently so this role fits my class perfectly as far as I feel.

dackius

Post#10 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:25 am

I cannot explain the exact numbers to you, but I can help point you in the direction of making sense of these screenshots you posted.

If you look at the games you posted, the RANKS of the enemies getting higher exp are significantly lower (for the most part) in one case there is even a rank 1. The idea here is that when a rank 1/1 kills (or participates in the killing) of 14/20 he is going to get BIG renown and exp gains, even if his damage/heal numbers are low. As you are grouped up already, individual contribution is not really a factor, instead difference in ranks is. On the reverse, when the 14/20 kills a 1/1 or similar lower cr/rr character, they will earn much less.

Both the RR and the CR are factored in, which can explain why sometimes the player you spent the entire match side by side with gets a different reward for the same events.

At the end of the match, there is "Bonus" and this usually is a higher bonus for the winning side, but I am not sure how this is completely calculated (similar to zone caps and keep captures) which seems to give bigger payouts for actual contested matches, and less payout for steamrolls.

I have been in matches were one side kills 80+ and the other side wins the match with 4 kills, and it makes the numbers look very strange indeed. Some players are more interested in kills than "winning" or don't understand victory conditions though.

While I hope this is informative, I am not sure knowing further specifics will actually help you much though, as you cannot plan for the strength of the team you are going against, and just have to play the match you random.