Recent Topics

Ads

Having a hard time choosing healer on Order

Let's talk about... everything else
Orpheus66

Having a hard time choosing healer on Order

Post#1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:12 pm

Leaning towards AM or WP

I like WP because it is melee (and I've always favored melee) and has strong AOE heals
I like AM because it is range DPS (range DPS is always easier than melee) and the mechanics look fun

I think I'm leaning more towards AM because DPS'ing is a viable option but there is just something about WP running into a fight balls first swinging at anything

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Having a hard time choosing healer on Order

Post#2 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:12 pm

Easy choice. WP is hella cooler, and AM is an elf.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Orpheus66 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:12 pm Leaning towards AM or WP

I like WP because it is melee (and I've always favored melee) and has strong AOE heals
I like AM because it is range DPS (range DPS is always easier than melee) and the mechanics look fun

I think I'm leaning more towards AM because DPS'ing is a viable option but there is just something about WP running into a fight balls first swinging at anything
You are choosing a healer for his dps habilities?? well....if you want to dps, play a real dps. As a healer probably you will perform better with WP than AM...

Detangler

Post#4 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:48 pm

If I could influence your decision at all, i'd say go WP - AMs are too hard for me to kill solo on my Chosen. Melee WPs however.... ;)
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:00 pm

While I main a healing AM, I would recommend the Salvation WP if you plan to use it as a healer main in serious oRvR/WB play. The Archmage has a couple of very useful mastery tidbits (channel heal, morale pump on Boon of Hysh) and one super-fun irritating skill in the slow puddle, but the AoE throughput of the Warrior Priest is why they are so ubiquitous and a lot of organized wbs try to have one in each party.

As for DPS potential, the AM's balance mechanic looks better on paper than it works in practice; it is rare you get the opportunity to weave in enough dps to improve your heals at a critical time and as a pure single target dps/hybrid you are not at all in demand (and derided for your choice). Not that the wrath WP is much better received to be honest.

The one caveat here is that I've seen a single Grace WP on the server that is a bloody revelation; I don't know enough about how they have gone about building it, but they are a true and effective healer/dps hybrid. My guess is that the build has a monstrously high skill/gear cap to get it right though.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

SaintRon

Post#6 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:41 pm

I know it must be a shocker to some, but Warhammer Online has some really fun healer/dps hybrids and some people are drawn to playing them as a hybrid instead of trying to specialize.

If anyone is 'deriding' you for making that choice then those people aren't good to be around.

Aluviya

Post#7 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:46 pm

AM seems very much OP in T1 as a universal healing and dmg talent- but in longterm it is very hard to make any use of the class mechanic as healer - especially in the lategame (Here general damageouput is very high and hybridbuilds mostly can't generate the needed heal nor the damage to really make the AM to a viable healer or hybridhealer choice). I would recommend to learn the WP mechanic if you are really into "healing". Or play RP (which has the easierst and in terms of lategame best class mechanic actually)

bichka

Post#8 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:02 pm

RP must have for PVE (AP rune) and descent for PVP
WP good for PVP
AM crappy in defense terms, but good life saver with tactic for low hp. Low tier healer for WB play.

>and has strong AOE heals
lols. he just able to spam it faster, but it's lowest aoe heal from all classes.

Ads