Recent Topics

Ads

Question about high level forts and gearing up

Let's talk about... everything else
RedEclipse

Question about high level forts and gearing up

Post#1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:20 am

1. As a melee dps it's harder to contribute in these high level fortresses and I get less bags, will it be possible to even feasibly get Invader gear this way or is it going to take an extremely long time to even get anything from this?

2. Sometimes in large battles at these high level forts I get disconnected during the boss and have to reconnect, will this sabotage me getting rewards during these fort battles?

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Re: Question about high level forts and gearing up

Post#2 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:46 am

Nice username. ;) Welcome to RoR!

1. To get high contribution in Fortresses, be sure to cap flags and be around them as they are taken. This is huge in getting solid contribution and many players commonly ignore these in favor of fighting. (Spoilers: Flags > Fighting in Stage 2, but killing is always good.)

2. I have seen this happen in some cases, yes, though I'm not sure if it's intended. I'm told if you reconnect fast enough it's supposed to keep your contribution. One thing that may help if you're crashing often in large fights is to head to your user settings and disable friendly player names / titles, and then do the same to enemies so that only their names are visible. Lowering your graphics to fastest framerate is also key in helping a lot of people crash less.

Ekundu01

Post#3 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:49 am

RedEclipse wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:20 am 1. As a melee dps it's harder to contribute in these high level fortresses and I get less bags, will it be possible to even feasibly get Invader gear this way or is it going to take an extremely long time to even get anything from this?

2. Sometimes in large battles at these high level forts I get disconnected during the boss and have to reconnect, will this sabotage me getting rewards during these fort battles?
For the disconnects make sure you are running in 64bit mode. You can change that on the launcher if you click the gear icon at the top right of the launcher. By default it is in 32 bit mode. If you still get crashes then you need to probably tone down ingame graphic settings.
Trismack

empmoz

Post#4 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:50 am

Invader takes ages to get, I've never won a gold bag but have 120+ tokens (I play as healer mostly)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:32 pm

empmoz wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:50 am Invader takes ages to get, I've never won a gold bag but have 120+ tokens (I play as healer mostly)
The expectation is that most people simply buy it with currency, and getting very lucky might earn you a piece or two from bags. That's why relative prices on gear are as low as they are.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

anarchypark

Post#6 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:00 pm

disconnect at the end of fort still get 4 medals by mail. win or lose.
you miss rp reward, winner 2 medals bonus and bag roll though.
relog from disconnect at early stage saves your contribution. you can get all rewards if you stay till end.
but contribution is competition, i won't hope winning bag if dc.

change name font from style to flat(?)
at stage3, turn off names and
reduce effect to self or party.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Panodil

Post#7 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:07 pm

Dont worry about bags, play objective and get lucky.
2 goldbags on my healer, both was same item ofc. both times was with full guild wb. buying gear with medalions is what we all do :L
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage