Ads

state of ror server... 1v1-6v6-zvz

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Gaumund

state of ror server... 1v1-6v6-zvz

Post#1 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Hello everyone,,
which is the state of that server in terms of 1v1, 6v6 and zvz?

me and my husband just stopped playing daoc live server and we were looking for another game, we liked warhammer when it was released so here we arehttps://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/https://192168ll.link/

we enjoy mostly 1v1-duo and group v group, does this server have it? or it is only a continuously zerg v zerg all the time?

our fear is that being able to group v group-duo-1v1 is so rare that we can't enjoy the most this game.
Last edited by Gaumund on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Arbich

Re: state of ror server... 1v1-6v6-zvz

Post#2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:00 pm

There was just recently (I think the last fights are this weekend) a 6vs6 tournament. Organized by players (kolland from bitterstone thunderers). So there are some ppl who like group based fights in scenarios especially. There is a dedicated 6vs6 scenario you only can queue as full group.
But yes, it seems that most ppl prefer zerging. Dont expect nonstop pops of the 6vs6 scenario. But if you are willing to put some efford in it (contact other groups and arrange fights with them), you will have some smalescale fun.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Glorian

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Yes. The 6vs6 tournament was more like a little league.

Called the Bitterbowl.
There are some very decent groups in there who finds regularly loopholes in the classes to cause some real havoc in smallscale stuff.
I think the next season with planned with some updates on a shorter and faster season.
Also as far as I know there are talks between players and the devs to get an arena for the finals where only the 2 teams can enter.

Aaaand 6men teams are currently a havoc in City sieges where 24 Bombing Warbands struggle vs other 24 Warbands that have two decent 6mens in them with Witch Elves and stuff you usually don't take to a 24vs24. But the 6men groups are well trained smallscale killers that excel at killing one player after the next on the Bombing warbands that are designed to taking down big groups.

So yes, on any given day you can go into rvr and ride the zerg or get ridden by the zerg. But for duo or 6men Action there is also a place. Albeit not seen at first sight.

scatterthewinds

Post#4 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:40 pm

Glorian wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:19 pm
Yes. The 6vs6 tournament was more like a little league.

There are some very decent groups in there who finds regularly loopholes in the classes to cause some real havoc in smallscale stuff.
"finds loopholes". What he means is knowing game mechanic knowledge beyond equipping role-playing hats and macroing emotes.

Glorian

Post#5 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:48 pm

Pretty much. Realizing a somewhat lackluster Ability on a WH can turn into something devastating if combined with buffs and abilities from other classes.

It is not meant as a critique but more as a praise as these players know a lot about ingame abilities and how each one works with the formulas here on RoR that are different to live because they have to been reengineered here from scratch.

It is more or less the formula 1 where new concepts are tested and meta shifts a lot.

The Bitterstone Thunderers had there a 6-Dwarf Team trying to squeeze out the most out of a mono racial group.

toffikx

Post#6 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:09 pm