Recent Topics

Ads

New Player RvR Help Please

Let's talk about... everything else
Breidr

New Player RvR Help Please

Post#1 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:17 am

So i rolled up a KotBS for the event since I played Destruction on Live. For the most part things have been fun. I'm just doing my thing and enjoying myself. The big wall comes when I hit the RvR lake. It seems like one giants stand off and sometimes idiots rush your team. I can sometimes pick off a flanker, but as melee I kind of just, stand there. I went Knight because even when standing there I have my buffs, but that's it.

I really do feel kind of useless. It seems like the engineers are doing all the work. I could just reroll RDPS, but then we get into a feedback loop where everyone is RDPS. I try to keep an eye out for groups, but I don't have a set group or playtime. I just come to this game to hang out. If I have any end goal, it's just filling out my tome and exploring. Sometimes I just want to do scenarios and goof off. Right now it just feels like I'm a sack of potatoes the team has to carry around. I know a solo player should generally steer clear of MDPS, but tanks as well maybe? Would I have better luck as a healer?

Ads
kuj0jotar0

Re: New Player RvR Help Please

Post#2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:50 am

Your main goal as a tank in wb is guard a dps and babysit him, follow him around, make sure he stay alive, use challenge, taunt casters, knockdown squshy, stagger/root and punt tanks.

During sige spam htl, ram the door, use oil.

If you are 2h tank in wb you are pretty much useless.

Geordy

Post#3 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:46 am

Yes, work with Hold the Line ("HtL") some more.

Stand in front of your blob and use HtL. Because you are now an easier target the enemy blob starts shooting at you. But thankfully that's what HtL helps against. Soon your random healers should pick up on what you are doing and start healing you. Realising that you are a good target for their heals because you are not dropping in seconds. Having your healers attention you could get a little bolder and start gaining some ground towards the enemy, inching towards them. Ideally other tanks join you and create the SuperSayan HtL (but that didnt happen for me hehe). After a while your RDPS will stand behind you finding new spots to better shoot at the enmy. That way you could get the ball rolling.

Now I did this in the event T1 RvR lake and it worked there. So take this with a grain of salt. But definitely something you could try in a random wb.

Wam

Post#4 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:29 pm

Breidr wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:17 am So i rolled up a KotBS for the event since I played Destruction on Live. For the most part things have been fun. I'm just doing my thing and enjoying myself. The big wall comes when I hit the RvR lake. It seems like one giants stand off and sometimes idiots rush your team. I can sometimes pick off a flanker, but as melee I kind of just, stand there. I went Knight because even when standing there I have my buffs, but that's it.

I really do feel kind of useless. It seems like the engineers are doing all the work. I could just reroll RDPS, but then we get into a feedback loop where everyone is RDPS. I try to keep an eye out for groups, but I don't have a set group or playtime. I just come to this game to hang out. If I have any end goal, it's just filling out my tome and exploring. Sometimes I just want to do scenarios and goof off. Right now it just feels like I'm a sack of potatoes the team has to carry around. I know a solo player should generally steer clear of MDPS, but tanks as well maybe? Would I have better luck as a healer?
why don't you join a pug warband? join it see where it goes (not like you need to join comms or anything unless more organised/stricter pug wb) or join a overflow warband... to get the most out of tank (guard) should be in a party, especially for leveling...

Its pug warband for a reason, come and go as you please but when you join just try follow leader commands/movement.

If your going to be lowbie snb or 2hander tank solo on the side of zerg... your not going to protect much or damage much and so you are not going to be properly rewarded.

If your pug wb isnt working out for you... just leave and join sc's and mix it up.

get obliterator gear, and do epic quests maybe below (t2 high elves and dwarfs) if you like to explore a bit

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... pic_Quests

eventually when higher level farm ruin pq in tier 4... and be SNB (for hold the line and block rate so you dont instant melt like if you was 2hander) improve your gear and renown then eventually go 2hander at a higher level if thats what you want... if you go 2hander too early in large scale you will just be sack of potatoes the team has to carry around. but when around rr60 and solid gear / good positional sense you will no longer be sack of potatoes.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Breidr

Post#5 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:08 am

Sounds like I just need to stick with it and learn. Thanks for all the tips. I'll give it a shot because I think Chaos Chosen are just cool.

Shield forever, 2 hand never!