Ads

The "fresh server y/n?" discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
Wam

Re: The "fresh server y/n?" discussion

Post#21 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:16 pm

this troll baiting is very lol

so much entitlement and demanding

why don't you do what everyone before you did and put in effort to learn game and gear up?

I was new once... everyone is new at some point... you need to overcome many obstacles and play the catch up game, its mostly your lack of knowledge which is the issue

Because its easy to acquire gear in this game... YOU KNOW WHY ITS EASY? BECAUSE THE DEVS GIVE IT OUT LIKE CANDY AND MADE SO MANY QUALITY OF LIFE ISSUES FOR PUGS OVER THE YEARS TO ZERG AND EARN STUFF WITHOUT ANY REAL EFFORT... (but still you want more easy mode candy without any efforts because you have been trained this way by CRAP modern games that hand hold the player experience hat lack substance instead of go out there and take the experience and make the most of it)

Hello personal lootbags... where before only the top players in zone would get it (Hello Phalanx, Hello TUP, Hello Ocara/gdy WB on destro... Hello CNTK and others on order side) same people guaranteed majority of the time because they was organised and committed... now everyone can get it with no trouble... which it is what it is yet still not enough to satisfy pugger casuals or emo's who dont know the history of server and how they should think damn these dev's are so generous... i don't have to work for ****. But instead its oh no lets make everyone else's time and history irrelevant because my time is more important, my experience is more important... all these big meanie experienced players who know what they are doing are horrible... you know the path to 80 as been reduced by a million freaking miles and the grind less tiresome. You see in game all the names popping 80 daily, this never use to be a thing because only the top hardcore committed players would become 80 by putting in many many hours over a long period of time.

ALSO the renown and these double RR events... back in the day you could have a epic keep fight and guess what the keep was only worth 1K renown... you can get 50k from keeps, over 25k from sc's... the difference to leveling is huge, the path as been decreased massively but yet still people want to spit out their dummy and demand more easy mode instead of actually put in some marginal effort... even playing casually you can level no problem compared to the past.

So figthing many hours and hundreds of kills, you get 1k renown from a keep... these days a barely defended keep in pvdoor zone gives more.

You only need conq gear to be fairly competitive in a team setting... but you really need to know what your role is, and what your team is meant to be doing. Form a proper 6 man, learn your class and you be fine... some classes can be ok in ruin/anni too but its kinda pushing it and you really need to be experienced and not make so many mistakes with positioning.

The dev's just need time and support to work out the kinks of expanded capacity... im sure they will get there eventually like they have done in the past overcoming many other issues...

The players who supported the project before herd mentality... you would definately lose alot of these through carelessness if that happend. I know i would no longer support personally and most of my guild also, and i am sure others would feel similar too. That is a big 2 fingers to the core of the community... this is what troll bait fails to recognise... people come before you, people come after you... gear up, knowledge up, train up just like everybody else has had too... its not rocket science and its been made SUPER FREAKING EASY COMPARED TO THE PAST and im sure dev's will make it even easier in future and yet will still be alot of QQ because you can never please some people.

In less than a month its easy to be competitive with casual play if you do it right... if you are more hardcore 2 weeks easy... in the past it would take months and months of semi hardcore +... now tell me again a proper reason why does server need to be wiped ? if you have trouble with knowledge... ask around, if its a class knowledge issue or general knowledge issue... if you run with bad builds/classes/setups and waste your time (with no talismans or bad ones, no potions, no assisting, no add ons... If you chose to waste your time like i do sometimes healing pug SC's instead of running in proper 6 man because i like the pain that is a personal preference LOL) you cannot blame people who are more committed than you and have more experience. This game is all about learning. Forums and ROR discord is a good place to ask questions to start learning. I even wrote some guides for both sides in the past which can help point people in the right direction.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
Sengirv

Post#22 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:23 pm

Ya plz dont wipe..Ive had it happen to many times :( And you dont wanna know the amount of $ I threw at the Warhammer SC game they made right after live went dark...so so sad :(

Foverskov

Post#23 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:28 pm

Nah wiping would be sad for the people who has played here a long time, even I who plays here very casually over the years, would feel sad.
New people just need to learn the game and that requires time, it's not done over a weekend.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#24 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:32 pm

Well a fresh server would atleast take me away the blame for playing Marauder oder 200+ hours while hoping the devs finally buff the broken class....

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#25 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:33 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:15 am
Orpheus66 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:49 am

If a fresh server isn't possible I think this would be a fair compromise. I'm not looking forward to when I reach rank40 and start facing people with the best gear in-game
You will face a lot people with the same gear as you as well.
How about you don't rush to 40 and instead slow your xp gain in order to get more renown to be able to earn appropriate armor sets and weapons?
Ppl assuming that if they start in a new server the will reach lvl 40 in same condition as everyone....bad news, in a new server after a few days/weeks there will be a amount of players more geared than others. At the time that average players hit 40 that gap will be greater.

im sorry but casual players must realize that cant compete Vs hardcore players in a pvp game (im a very casual player)....

klarsen

Post#26 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 pm

The level of defensive toxicity here is frankly staggering. I brought the matter up because it's a question that's being asked repeatedly with the influx of thousands of new players. How the hell is that "entitlement"? Is this community that hostile? This hysterical "nuh uh!" is a serious eye-opener in terms of what the veterans of this server can be like. "GTFO and stop whining" is really the way you want to welcome a wave of new players that has made this project grow in numbers from the hundreds to several thousand? That's how you respond to a post that takes both sides of the argument into account? Wow. It is possible to disagree with something without screeching, spittle-spewing insults.

I guess the thought of losing an enormous advantage really caused some brains to melt.

Yikes.

Drekan

Post#27 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:55 pm

Lol. Hope all these newcomers gonna leave soon.
Elizerain Thex

Wam

Post#28 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:01 pm

klarsen wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 pm The level of defensive toxicity here is frankly staggering. I brought the matter up because it's a question that's being asked repeatedly with the influx of thousands of new players. How the hell is that "entitlement"? Is this community that hostile? This hysterical "nuh uh!" is a serious eye-opener in terms of what the veterans of this server can be like. "GTFO and stop whining" is really the way you want to welcome a wave of new players that has made this project grow in numbers from the hundreds to several thousand? That's how you respond to a post that takes both sides of the argument into account? Wow. It is possible to disagree with something without screeching, spittle-spewing insults.

I guess the thought of losing an enormous advantage really caused some brains to melt.

Yikes.
Your time > everybody elses time

Your time invested is already superior to veterans time invested... because the path is so much easier as dev's have bent over backwards and give pug criers like yourself who will never be happy no matter what... a very easy easy easy path compared to the previous painstaking korean grind MMO path

Now if you put a bit more thought into your arguement and stop seeing things from your point of view only... and if you had invested years and years into something then someone new come along and wants that all taken away for no real reason other than they are special snowflake and want the server adjusted to their needs and desires only... instead of what has gone before

yes bro you need to earn it... this is old MMO, not generation MEMEMEMEME

Its beyond arrogance to ask to delete other people's time invested... i can consider that griefing of the highest order. You know exactly what you are doing by trying to open can of worms... and people here before you, and after you do not care for that.

Its more about play and learn the freaking game...

But again ONLY YOUR TIME AND PLAY EXPERIENCE MATTERS... VETERANS WHO SUPPORTED PROJECT FOR YEARS ARE MEANINGLESS AND NOT ALLOWED OPINIONS LMFAO

please entitle me some more and tell me how wrong i am I look forward to it

there is no advantage if you put in half the energy of your posts into actually playing the game... in a month you will be same as everybody else ... is that too much for you? really? really really? you want to hinder and harass pre existing community FOR YOUR OWN SELFISH NEEDS AND DESIRE? they should lose all their free time and effort just because you joined now and its all about you? instead of do what other people did and just level like everybody else, people with full time jobs and families, managed in their little free time into leveling in the past is meaningless just because you joined? you realise how self demanding this is?

That is disrespectful to player base... of course you going to be told to do what every normal person as done before you.

Your post is toxic ASF ... but you do not see it that way which is fine but keep on trolling with your jokes

Ads
Vaereir

Post#29 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:04 pm

These two posts (klarsen and drekan) above me are both in the same boat.

How about we just value the community that was here before the influx of players that kept it alive.

How about we stop coming forward as individuals and try to speak for 'the rest of us' when it clearly isn't true.

How about we appreciate that we're all here right -now- to play a game we enjoy.

Anything people have found to be new or as an experience that they haven't had in a while - will obviously garner a lot of attention. Doesn't mean it's going to retain every single person playing right now.

I've tried this server out several times over and truly could never get into it personally. Mostly due to race / class picks along with faction. But this time around I'm really into it.

Do I think others have an advantage over me? Well of **** course they do. Am I going to whine and bitch about it? No. The game is still going mostly because of those before me.

Do I think the new players with me included among them should just leave? Of course not. Why would you want a bigger population to just come then go. If you think everyone who's tried out RoR recently is going to stay then you're very deluded.

Wipes are unfair to the long time players, and we don't need someone heralding supposed comments off of Twitch of all places for such drastic changes. Honestly the last place to be drawing suggestions from in the first place.

Wam

Post#30 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:07 pm

Vaereir wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:04 pm These two posts (klarsen and drekan) above me are both in the same boat.

How about we just value the community that was here before the influx of players that kept it alive.

How about we stop coming forward as individuals and try to speak for 'the rest of us' when it clearly isn't true.

How about we appreciate that we're all here right -now- to play a game we enjoy.

Anything people have found to be new or as an experience that they haven't had in a while - will obviously garner a lot of attention. Doesn't mean it's going to retain every single person playing right now.

I've tried this server out several times over and truly could never get into it personally. Mostly due to race / class picks along with faction. But this time around I'm really into it.

Do I think others have an advantage over me? Well of **** course they do. Am I going to whine and bitch about it? No. The game is still going mostly because of those before me.

Do I think the new players with me included among them should just leave? Of course not. Why would you want a bigger population to just come then go. If you think everyone who's tried out RoR recently is going to stay then you're very deluded.

Wipes are unfair to the long time players, and we don't need someone heralding supposed comments off of Twitch of all places for such drastic changes. Honestly the last place to be drawing suggestions from in the first place.
a new player with some common sense and integrity ... damn 8-)