Recent Topics

Ads

The "fresh server y/n?" discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
kryss

Re: The "fresh server y/n?" discussion

Post#31 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Super good trollbaiting.
For the 2% of chances you guys are being serious... no thanks, we were fine before the influx of new players and still will be fine if every one of them magically disappear in an instant. Devs also prolonged the 2x event for you guys to catch up, use it wisely

Ads
emillh

Post#32 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:09 pm

Maybe the devs could open T2 and T3, and separate scenarios again? To make sure rank 16 doesnt fight against rank 40 rr 70+.

zgolec

Post#33 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:11 pm

klarsen wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:40 pm The level of defensive toxicity here is frankly staggering. I brought the matter up because it's a question that's being asked repeatedly with the influx of thousands of new players. How the hell is that "entitlement"? Is this community that hostile? This hysterical "nuh uh!" is a serious eye-opener in terms of what the veterans of this server can be like. "GTFO and stop whining" is really the way you want to welcome a wave of new players that has made this project grow in numbers from the hundreds to several thousand? That's how you respond to a post that takes both sides of the argument into account? Wow. It is possible to disagree with something without screeching, spittle-spewing insults.

I guess the thought of losing an enormous advantage really caused some brains to melt.

Yikes.
Buahahahahah thousands of new players? :D
There were times in a past when 1800-2200 players were normal. I dont see "thousands of new players" you speak of.
More than that how many of you will be here next week when x2 end? In a month? In a year???|

If you behave like entitled lil b**** dont expect anything else than to be called as one.

When i started here conq set was a thing. Price was soooo much higher than now [now you can have conq waiting for you in vault before you hit 40].

We did not wanted to put everyone down to level of newbies just to make their lives easier.
We were owned hard.
We adapted.
We endured.

And 3-4 years later here we are. With some newbies [ that probably wont even be here in few months] demandin that all those years of effort put in our toons to be put in trash just so their lives be easier.

If you got stupid ideas like yours dont expect any less salt than you received.||
|Get yourself a grp of ppl that know how to play. Play together. Improve. With a frequent x2 events few times a year you will be "a vet" in no time.

In terms of rr and gear if not a mindset and skill.

QQ less. Pew pew moar.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

zgolec

Post#34 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:15 pm

Vaereir wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:04 pm These two posts (klarsen and drekan) above me are both in the same boat.

How about we just value the community that was here before the influx of players that kept it alive.

How about we stop coming forward as individuals and try to speak for 'the rest of us' when it clearly isn't true.

How about we appreciate that we're all here right -now- to play a game we enjoy.

Anything people have found to be new or as an experience that they haven't had in a while - will obviously garner a lot of attention. Doesn't mean it's going to retain every single person playing right now.

I've tried this server out several times over and truly could never get into it personally. Mostly due to race / class picks along with faction. But this time around I'm really into it.

Do I think others have an advantage over me? Well of **** course they do. Am I going to whine and bitch about it? No. The game is still going mostly because of those before me.

Do I think the new players with me included among them should just leave? Of course not. Why would you want a bigger population to just come then go. If you think everyone who's tried out RoR recently is going to stay then you're very deluded.

Wipes are unfair to the long time players, and we don't need someone heralding supposed comments off of Twitch of all places for such drastic changes. Honestly the last place to be drawing suggestions from in the first place.
Welcome to RoR. Enjoy the game!

If you need a hand [on order side] hit me eitehr here on discord [ror chanel same name as forum].
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Vaereir

Post#35 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:20 pm

zgolec wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:15 pm
Vaereir wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:04 pm These two posts (klarsen and drekan) above me are both in the same boat.

How about we just value the community that was here before the influx of players that kept it alive.

How about we stop coming forward as individuals and try to speak for 'the rest of us' when it clearly isn't true.

How about we appreciate that we're all here right -now- to play a game we enjoy.

Anything people have found to be new or as an experience that they haven't had in a while - will obviously garner a lot of attention. Doesn't mean it's going to retain every single person playing right now.

I've tried this server out several times over and truly could never get into it personally. Mostly due to race / class picks along with faction. But this time around I'm really into it.

Do I think others have an advantage over me? Well of **** course they do. Am I going to whine and bitch about it? No. The game is still going mostly because of those before me.

Do I think the new players with me included among them should just leave? Of course not. Why would you want a bigger population to just come then go. If you think everyone who's tried out RoR recently is going to stay then you're very deluded.

Wipes are unfair to the long time players, and we don't need someone heralding supposed comments off of Twitch of all places for such drastic changes. Honestly the last place to be drawing suggestions from in the first place.
Welcome to RoR. Enjoy the game!

If you need a hand [on order side] hit me eitehr here on discord [ror chanel same name as forum].
Thanks. I am in-fact on Order, I'm trying to get all my friends to play but right now it's mostly slow patch times which is keeping them out (Which I am trying to remedy for them by just uploading my folder that is already fully patched and ready to go). But sure. Would love any advice or help you'd like to give out.

Same goes for me with the name and all in Discord. Or just send me a request. Double-Decker Dylan#8283

Gorfhag

Post#36 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:36 pm

Im new here and I personally dont care about any advantage of vets here over me. Especially in pvp game it should motivate player to improve. Any new player asking for fresh start to have equal chances would leave anyway when he would realize that after one month he is far behind again.

I personally started last wednesday as player who played few months after release of original game. Im super glad and happy to have chance to play game which I had to quit because of my pc back then. Im alredy lvl 36 rr33 with quite ok gear and doing fine. I loose some sc, but thise mostly because of oposing team playing better or have better setup.

I know this will change at r40 bracket and I will stand less chance, but in WHO There is plenty things to do and get gear. Also both factions will have new player so I guess it will be pretty equal. And tbh I do not expect to beat every veteran in few week after I joined.

To the lags. I think it is way too early. Most of new people who came was just players whi are looking for decent mmo for years since there is nothing worthy comming out. How many of them/us will last for more than few weeks. Will there be many more new comming? I highly doubt that numbers will keep increasing. I rather believe that soon there will be quite a lot of nw players leaving while few new will come and after few weeks numbers will stabilize on more then before laty peons video and less what population is currently.

Also demanding something from devs who do all this in their free time and mostly paying the bill from their own pocket is a nonsence.
Last edited by Gorfhag on Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miered

Post#37 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:39 pm

I am a "returning" player from when the game was live. In no way do I agree with a fresh server start. The player base that is rr80 or higher have earned that with years of playing. I am a low level and expect to die alot as I am progressing. Learn your class, grind gear, form teams, craft pots and talismans and just keep playing. Join open WBs and leach xp, renown, and inf off of them. I was in t4 on a level 25 character and didn't die that often. I just stayed in the back and launched heals and attacks when I could.

Sulorie

Post#38 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:45 pm

emillh wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:09 pm Maybe the devs could open T2 and T3, and separate scenarios again? To make sure rank 16 doesnt fight against rank 40 rr 70+.
Scenarios are already separated. When you don't want to fight groups, queue for pug sc.

How long do you stay rank 16? A few sc and you are lvl20.
You are one player within a warband and you will die as fast as the rank 40 next to you, when the enemy warband is stronger.
As you want to come up with those r40 rr70+ all the time, how about you appreciate the help of the r40 rr70+ players in your warband, who fight together with you.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Ghostwalker

Post#39 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:00 pm

Miered wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:39 pm I am a "returning" player from when the game was live. In no way do I agree with a fresh server start. The player base that is rr80 or higher have earned that with years of playing. I am a low level and expect to die alot as I am progressing. Learn your class, grind gear, form teams, craft pots and talismans and just keep playing. Join open WBs and leach xp, renown, and inf off of them. I was in t4 on a level 25 character and didn't die that often. I just stayed in the back and launched heals and attacks when I could.
This is a good way to play, I don't think there is anything you can do to help new players(without a wipe) other than to bring back all four tiers in their separated brackets like they are meant to be which is happening already I think?

Lets not forget tons of players are also alt whores and this does not help lol, I am one of those people, it's basically my fault that I struggle with one character because I have 20 alts that I also like playing, choosing one is hard cause of the mmo nature of the game for me, sometimes I like to solo and never talk to anyone but then sometimes I want to group and talk and be sociable and active, without a doubt I gain more while grouped and being sociable and active with other players.

Bloodrzr

Post#40 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:04 pm

zgolec wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:17 am I love all the noobs that are less than one week here and thus want wipe to have "equal chances" .

How about a big and tasty GTFO?

We did not spend countless hours here just to be wiped cause you want it.

Play, improve and stop whining.
Agreed. I started back about a month before the population explosion and had to grind and claw my way. People seem to forget this is a PvP game and if you don't have the passion and stamina to claw your way to the top in this game then maybe it's not a fit for you. Either play and Enjoy how it is or go find a pay 2 win game that is much easier and you can handle.
Last edited by Bloodrzr on Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.