Recent Topics

Ads

Do post 40 scenarios needs gear based brackets?

Let's talk about... everything else
Vicas

Do post 40 scenarios needs gear based brackets?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:21 am

Seems like a very bad time for fresh 40/40 players against far more geared out veterans with much higher lvl renown gear. Seems like gear lvl based brackets wouldn't be a terrible idea?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Do post 40 scenarios needs gear based brackets?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:38 am

There are -xp scrolls, which reduce xp by 75%. One could have used them to get a higher rr and practice more before entering T4 sc bracket.
Usually the rr is supposed to rise faster than rank, when doing only pvp. Many new players do a lot pve, which leads to this problem. Doing a lot pve additionally doesn't prepare them for actual pvp encounters.
They could join rvr warbands to progress, because there the low rr doesn't matter much and they need rvr to earn better gear.
Dying is no option.

Stkillinger

Post#3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:23 pm

Can only make the brackets so stringent doing this, maybe just 2 brackets. Could separate it at rr40+-. If you do it at rr50+- then you would have way too long of SC queues.

Ideally by the time you hit 40 you should have a high enough rr to wear the appropriate gear, but a ton of new players are coming in without knowledge of the exp stopping scrolls, or knowing what RR rank gets you at max level. They then hit level cap and are trying to kill someone they are only hitting for 20 damage with each attack.

This game really is gear reliant and would even the playing field, but this would punish players who have more time into the game with longer queue times if its done too harshly.
Let's be friends until our enemy is defeated.

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:44 pm

If this were to be implemented, all the people blaming being out-geared would have to come up with new excuses as to why they keep losing scenarios. I can just see it now, the blaming of the PUGs, the cries of hacking, exploiting, and twinking...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Detangler

Post#5 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:59 pm

No. Bad idea. Pops are too slow enough during off prime hours. Theres the PUG scenario for a reason.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

cattlebruiser

Post#6 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:04 pm

This is the nature of an MMO.

zulnam

Post#7 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:47 am

When the double XP week(end) started, my SW (current toon) was 12. Just a 'nobody' with the infl gear & set from t1 and a few greens.

Now, 5 days later, i am 34/36, full rvr T3 set, T3 SC weapon and yes, i have to admit, i am pretty good in scenarios (even though i still loose more than i win due to overall side composition).

My best advice for you is to find someone who can mentor you on your class. Actually teach you how to play. Most players are friendly towards new players (even though we talk a lot of trash on discord amongst ourselves) and are willing to help you with advice, talis and even money.

I saw a SW today in my scenario that was level 31, no helm and with two white items on them. I whispered them multiple times trying to get their attention and help them find the gear vendor and get some gear.

Like i get that it can be frustrating to loose against well geared, experienced players, but meet me half way here. RoR is a game primarily about skill. The ceiling is not that high (for most classes), but you have to put in some effort to reach it. (and part of that effort is the 16-30 grind in which you are more susceptible to die/loose to other players).

Use /a (advice), /3 (general) to find a buddy to help you, or /5 (LFG) to find a guild and here is a pretty good tip: always try to join 6-man groups for SCs, preferably with comms (everyone uses Discord). ('/5 <lvl> <class> lfg t2/3 SCs (new player)'). I don't guarantee you will find a group but it is always worth the effort.

PM me if you want more specific advice. I may not know your class, but I can probably give you some good general pointers.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Xergon

Post#8 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:00 am

Vicas wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:21 am Seems like a very bad time for fresh 40/40 players against far more geared out veterans with much higher lvl renown gear. Seems like gear lvl based brackets wouldn't be a terrible idea?
Dont think its required for devs to spend time to make such things but who knows.... I personally think they shouldnt, you can gear up characters in PvE aswell. Like Beastlord is almost very good gear for any class for start of fresh 40, getting Conq shouldnt be very hard from RvR (there is tons of locks zones during day). There is also RedEye which prob is not best set, as usually it has Hybrid stats (old left over of orginal/live design i guess), but you can get it fast so u can start on Sentinel and then Bloordlord which is basically on same tier with Vanq/Oppressor.

Im altoholic, i have like fresh Shamman 40 with some Beastlord pieces, and im doing fine. I just finished Conq on my SH 65+ RR and working on Sentinel/Bloodlord next.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Vicas

Post#9 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:23 am

zulnam wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:47 am When the double XP week(end) started, my SW (current toon) was 12. Just a 'nobody' with the infl gear & set from t1 and a few greens.

Now, 5 days later, i am 34/36, full rvr T3 set, T3 SC weapon and yes, i have to admit, i am pretty good in scenarios (even though i still loose more than i win due to overall side composition).

My best advice for you is to find someone who can mentor you on your class. Actually teach you how to play. Most players are friendly towards new players (even though we talk a lot of trash on discord amongst ourselves) and are willing to help you with advice, talis and even money.

I saw a SW today in my scenario that was level 31, no helm and with two white items on them. I whispered them multiple times trying to get their attention and help them find the gear vendor and get some gear.

Like i get that it can be frustrating to loose against well geared, experienced players, but meet me half way here. RoR is a game primarily about skill. The ceiling is not that high (for most classes), but you have to put in some effort to reach it. (and part of that effort is the 16-30 grind in which you are more susceptible to die/loose to other players).

Use /a (advice), /3 (general) to find a buddy to help you, or /5 (LFG) to find a guild and here is a pretty good tip: always try to join 6-man groups for SCs, preferably with comms (everyone uses Discord). ('/5 <lvl> <class> lfg t2/3 SCs (new player)'). I don't guarantee you will find a group but it is always worth the effort.

PM me if you want more specific advice. I may not know your class, but I can probably give you some good general pointers.
Not sure who you are replying to here but you seem confused. The bracket I'm talking about is T4 scenarios. Your level is not even high enough to have experienced it.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:52 am

When you finally enter T4 sc at rank 40, you can be easily rr50, if you don't just rush to 40.
Dying is no option.