Recent Topics

Ads

Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

jtj5002
Posts: 91

Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:07 am

Most of the info on wiki and search results are outdated and ends at conqueror. Can someone explain the current gear progression beyond that?
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Ads
Omegus
Posts: 360

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:19 am

Open RvR: Conqueror (set pieces from keep bags when RR40-49) -> Vanquisher (set pieces from keep bags when RR50+) -> Invader (set pieces from fortresses, tokens from from Fortress if RR50+, from Cities if <RR70, and from successfully defending a zone that that leads to your fortress) -> Warlord (same tokens as Sovereign) -> Sovereign (tokens rewarded from city sieges if RR70+ and from successfully defending a keep (not sure of RR requirement), no set pieces currently in bags).

PvE: Redeye (Mount Gunbad dungeon) -> Sentinel (City dungeons) -> Bloodlord (Bastion Stair).

Scenarios: Conqueror (bought with tokens) -> Oppressor (bought with tokens)

Warlord and Sovereign needs the Invader ToK unlock in order to be equipped but you can get the pieces early.
Sentinel requires the Redeye unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.
Bloodlord requires the Sentinel unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot
Addons: CityFix v1.0

Damndoriangray
Posts: 6

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:59 am

As a new player about to hit 40, this is really helpful. Do the conquerer and opressor emblems only drop at certain renown ranks?
It'd be great if this was in the wiki too

jtj5002
Posts: 91

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#4 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:57 pm

Omegus wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:19 am
Open RvR: Conqueror (set pieces from keep bags when RR40-49) -> Vanquisher (set pieces from keep bags when RR50+) -> Invader (set pieces from fortresses, tokens from from Fortress if RR50+, from Cities if <RR70, and from successfully defending a zone that that leads to your fortress) -> Warlord (same tokens as Sovereign) -> Sovereign (tokens rewarded from city sieges if RR70+ and from successfully defending a keep (not sure of RR requirement), no set pieces currently in bags).

PvE: Redeye (Mount Gunbad dungeon) -> Sentinel (City dungeons) -> Bloodlord (Bastion Stair).

Scenarios: Conqueror (bought with tokens) -> Oppressor (bought with tokens)

Warlord and Sovereign needs the Invader ToK unlock in order to be equipped but you can get the pieces early.
Sentinel requires the Redeye unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.
Bloodlord requires the Sentinel unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.
It looks like I'm on pace to hit rr50 before hitting level 40. Should I just skip Conqueror set and go straight to Vanquisher?
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

User avatar
Ekundu01
Posts: 214

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#5 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Gear sets also are different based on the type of class and spec you are playing.

Tanks, Orvr sets from lakes are aimed at being a tank. Dps sets come from SC emblems and Bloodlord pve set.

Healers are same as tanks Orvr sets are aimed at Healing, Dps sets are from SCs and Bloodlord Pve set.

Dps only classes most of the Orvr sets are your damage sets and the SC sets are more defensive in nature.

So the set you want to use is based on what role you want to fill on the class you are playing. In some cases one class may find a gear set is better than the same gear set on another class. For example most dps classes find Vanq works better for them as a dps where as a tank will not find vanq as appealing if they plan to dps.
Trismack - Black Sheep

User avatar
Wam
Legacy RR80
Posts: 634

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#6 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:18 pm

jtj5002 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:57 pm
Omegus wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:19 am
Open RvR: Conqueror (set pieces from keep bags when RR40-49) -> Vanquisher (set pieces from keep bags when RR50+) -> Invader (set pieces from fortresses, tokens from from Fortress if RR50+, from Cities if <RR70, and from successfully defending a zone that that leads to your fortress) -> Warlord (same tokens as Sovereign) -> Sovereign (tokens rewarded from city sieges if RR70+ and from successfully defending a keep (not sure of RR requirement), no set pieces currently in bags).

PvE: Redeye (Mount Gunbad dungeon) -> Sentinel (City dungeons) -> Bloodlord (Bastion Stair).

Scenarios: Conqueror (bought with tokens) -> Oppressor (bought with tokens)

Warlord and Sovereign needs the Invader ToK unlock in order to be equipped but you can get the pieces early.
Sentinel requires the Redeye unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.
Bloodlord requires the Sentinel unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.
It looks like I'm on pace to hit rr50 before hitting level 40. Should I just skip Conqueror set and go straight to Vanquisher?
depends a bit on class and patience... vanq is obviously far superior... but if you are tired of your current gear and want a upgrade... conq is very solid and competitive...

Personally i am impatient and will convert all vanq into conq and then farm vanq harder ... (you wont get conq pieces from gold bags after rr 50... but you will get vanq in gold bags, unless you have bad luck with dupes its not impossible to obtain even if casual)

Vanq is very close to bis on a few classes, especially how easy it is to acquire compared to others which will take some real farm and long term commitment.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Sulorie
Posts: 4799

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#7 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:20 pm

jtj5002 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:57 pm


It looks like I'm on pace to hit rr50 before hitting level 40. Should I just skip Conqueror set and go straight to Vanquisher?
This entirely depends on your class. Higher tier sets are not automatically better.
Dying is no option.

jtj5002
Posts: 91

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#8 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:27 pm

Wam wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:18 pm
jtj5002 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:57 pm
Omegus wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:19 am
Open RvR: Conqueror (set pieces from keep bags when RR40-49) -> Vanquisher (set pieces from keep bags when RR50+) -> Invader (set pieces from fortresses, tokens from from Fortress if RR50+, from Cities if <RR70, and from successfully defending a zone that that leads to your fortress) -> Warlord (same tokens as Sovereign) -> Sovereign (tokens rewarded from city sieges if RR70+ and from successfully defending a keep (not sure of RR requirement), no set pieces currently in bags).

PvE: Redeye (Mount Gunbad dungeon) -> Sentinel (City dungeons) -> Bloodlord (Bastion Stair).

Scenarios: Conqueror (bought with tokens) -> Oppressor (bought with tokens)

Warlord and Sovereign needs the Invader ToK unlock in order to be equipped but you can get the pieces early.
Sentinel requires the Redeye unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.
Bloodlord requires the Sentinel unlock to equip but you can get the pieces early.
It looks like I'm on pace to hit rr50 before hitting level 40. Should I just skip Conqueror set and go straight to Vanquisher?
depends a bit on class and patience... vanq is obviously far superior... but if you are tired of your current gear and want a upgrade... conq is very solid and competitive...

Personally i am impatient and will convert all vanq into conq and then farm vanq harder ... (you wont get conq pieces from gold bags after rr 50... but you will get vanq in gold bags, unless you have bad luck with dupes its not impossible to obtain even if casual)

Vanq is very close to bis on a few classes, especially how easy it is to acquire compared to others which will take some real farm and long term commitment.
I'm a healing DOK so its going to be all RvR gears. How often do you expect to win gold bags in RvR? I've only gotten one in about 5-6 successful keeps. I do a lot of in/out of party healing for contribution.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Ads
User avatar
Wam
Legacy RR80
Posts: 634

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#9 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:44 pm

jtj5002 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:27 pm
Wam wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:18 pm
jtj5002 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:57 pm


It looks like I'm on pace to hit rr50 before hitting level 40. Should I just skip Conqueror set and go straight to Vanquisher?
depends a bit on class and patience... vanq is obviously far superior... but if you are tired of your current gear and want a upgrade... conq is very solid and competitive...

Personally i am impatient and will convert all vanq into conq and then farm vanq harder ... (you wont get conq pieces from gold bags after rr 50... but you will get vanq in gold bags, unless you have bad luck with dupes its not impossible to obtain even if casual)

Vanq is very close to bis on a few classes, especially how easy it is to acquire compared to others which will take some real farm and long term commitment.
I'm a healing DOK so its going to be all RvR gears. How often do you expect to win gold bags in RvR? I've only gotten one in about 5-6 successful keeps. I do a lot of in/out of party healing for contribution.
Hit as many zones as possible to increase your chances, its like buying lottery ticket the more you have the better the chance...

also if your realm is zerging more chance for less rewards in bags... but if you are losing / outnumbered more likely to get bags.

I would probably get conq on healing dok to be honest, ANNI is ok starter but the sooner you out of it the better, your surviability will increase with conq.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

jtj5002
Posts: 91

Re: Can someone explain gear progression for 2020?

Post#10 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:44 pm

What the RvR accessory sets? I can't seem to find the vender for them.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests