Recent Topics

Ads

To all twinks

Let's talk about... everything else
courtsdad1

Re: To all twinks

Post#71 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:14 am

sobanz wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:22 pm
Brew wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:39 am All the gear these players have is not hard to obtain, just need to do rvr or scs and buy it with currency. Talismans are easy to make, blues and purples to break down drop in pve like candy. These players are not "twinks", twinks are lowbies who vastly outgear their current tier because your main can obtain gear your twink can't.

As far as it being unfair or uneven, that happens, alot, even at max level. Don't think it will stop at rank 40.

Organized group play full of veteran players in mid tier scenarios is simple to explain: it is double xp, you can turn in the scenario quest for xp ONLY IF YOU WIN. Players want to level different toons when double xp is available, and you get way more xp if you win. SCENARIOS INCENTIVIZE YOU TO WIN.

I personally don't put on xp reducing scrolls, some people do, that is a different issue.

People don't queue scenarios to ruin your game experience, they queue to level. Get organised, learn the game, or do rvr instead of scs. Getting stomped in scenarios happens to everyone, at all levels. It has been happening since 2008, don't let it tilt you.
That's a terrible definition. Twinks are spoiled chars that are vastly overgeared for their level. It has nothing to do with not being able to get it without a main, because the talismans I buy I cannot make myself. Anything you can't obtain on your lowbie you can obtain through gold, either by buying it outright or paying a higher level, with gold, to boost you. NItpicking at the definition is dumb these days when boosts are well known and a dime a dozen in any MMO.

Thing is, most inexperienced players will not have this gold and will just get dicked on their first time through by players who are not only more experienced than them, but vastly outgear them as well.
But that IS the definition whether YOU like it or not. You revealed yourself by mentioning nitpicking at definitions right after you do just that. The person you responded to gave you the REAL definition of a twink whether you like it or not. People are trying to help you but you are going to have to remove your finger from your ears and the chip from your shoulder.

Organize your groups, learn your character and stop making excuses. This isnt other MMOs so you might as well get that through your head. Group make up and people filling their roles is king. There is a learning curve. The daily spectacle of people pounding on tanks while healers heal and casters melt faces from the backlines untouched shows how clueless far too many players are about mechanics.

When you bump into a level 20 in Conq gear get back to us and feel free to use the term twink.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#72 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:31 pm

I could post you screenshots of sc scoreboards on lowlvl chars with gear you can get as well without much effort.
24:1 kills on a lvl21 melee dd, which is possible, when you have healers and tanks in group, who actually do their job.
Ofc you have a hard time, when you play melee dd without support, so you either try it again and again and feed the enemy - like most new players - or you play more carefully and wait for a chance to attack, which results in less dmg/kills, because your combat time is lower.
A solo rdps can do as much kills and more even without a group, because you are less likely to get hit.
And once again, the gear is nothing special, it's basic vendor stuff.
Dying is no option.

otirruborez

Post#73 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:00 am

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:18 pm Bolster isn't working quite as effectively as it should at lower levels. We will likely have a fix for this during the weekend patch. Thought I might toss that out there as a potential data point for why things seem to have a broad difference in experience.
thank you. i knew there wasn't skill involved in peoples auto attacks doing more damage than the casted abilities of people being bolstered up.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#74 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:02 am

otirruborez wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:00 am
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:18 pm Bolster isn't working quite as effectively as it should at lower levels. We will likely have a fix for this during the weekend patch. Thought I might toss that out there as a potential data point for why things seem to have a broad difference in experience.
thank you. i knew there wasn't skill involved in peoples auto attacks doing more damage than the casted abilities of people being bolstered up.
This is actually live now, it went in with a hotfix.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

otirruborez

Post#75 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:49 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:02 am
otirruborez wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:00 am
This is actually live now, it went in with a hotfix.
great news!

Moosegun

Post#76 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:58 am

I recently came back to the game with about 10 guild mates from another game, 4 of us played before. We only just started playing but get accused of being twinks all the time. We arent, we are just a group of experienced players leveling up with friends.

zgolec

Post#77 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:01 am

Moosegun wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:58 am I recently came back to the game with about 10 guild mates from another game, 4 of us played before. We only just started playing but get accused of being twinks all the time. We arent, we are just a group of experienced players leveling up with friends.
DOnt bother with those who have no idea hwo to play game put accusation on you twinking cause you do such unbelivable deeds like... puting guard and staying in guard range.... and som else.

Rock the place and enjoy.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.