Recent Topics

Ads

To all twinks

Let's talk about... everything else
Koro

Re: To all twinks

Post#21 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 am

Lischang wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:51 am All I'm saying is that if the go-to method to deal with defeat is complaining, you're gonna have a bad time.
That there proves it's how I suspected and you just keep being defensive cause of "complaining players" in the past. My whole rant has nothing to do with defeat - it feels just as empty to loose AND win 500-0. It's no fun when you clearly see you didn't contribute crap towards your teams victory cause pretty much 3 guys were enough to keep your opponent in spawn zone.

There is a difference between loosing evenly matched game cause your opponent performed better, and simply being butchered cause dmg from 5 people focusing one guy is healed by one tick of a HoT while said 5 people die in 2 AOE-s. That is what feels heartbreakingly wrong and if you don't get why such is a problem then I'm out of ideas how to explain this.

Also - 2 other people I play with have same experience. One of which is sitting next to me so I know how her scenarios went - so no this isn't being "unlucky" with your matchups. Check the today's forums topics - are those people also unlucky? No - it's a proof enough that it's not some mystic alignment of the stars that caused people to avoid scenarios most day but groups of premade twinks that plagued this mode and persistently played unevenly matched scenarios whole day like it would be only thing that makes them feel good about themselves.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:59 am

Koro wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:28 am
Lischang wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:51 am All I'm saying is that if the go-to method to deal with defeat is complaining, you're gonna have a bad time.
That there proves it's how I suspected and you just keep being defensive cause of "complaining players" in the past. My whole rant has nothing to do with defeat - it feels just as empty to loose AND win 500-0. It's no fun when you clearly see you didn't contribute crap towards your teams victory cause pretty much 3 guys were enough to keep your opponent in spawn zone.

There is a difference between loosing evenly matched game cause your opponent performed better, and simply being butchered cause dmg from 5 people focusing one guy is healed by one tick of a HoT while said 5 people die in 2 AOE-s. That is what feels heartbreakingly wrong and if you don't get why such is a problem then I'm out of ideas how to explain this.

Also - 2 other people I play with have same experience. One of which is sitting next to me so I know how her scenarios went - so no this isn't being "unlucky" with your matchups. Check the today's forums topics - are those people also unlucky? No - it's a proof enough that it's not some mystic alignment of the stars that caused people to avoid scenarios most day but groups of premade twinks that plagued this mode and persistently played unevenly matched scenarios whole day like it would be only thing that makes them feel good about themselves.
Trying harder isn't going to hurt you. This should certainly be part of your list of solutions as well.

Can we make adjustments to the bracket? Yes. Are there always going to be players that try hard to win every match? Yes.
Leveling the playing field is still going to have winners and losers. An evenly matched game is still going to have high level players in the best possible gear, and pug-level players that show up to have fun. If you're not showing up to win in a competitive PvP game, you're going to lose, sometimes badly.

Try harder is definitely a thing in competitive PvP games. It is legitimate feedback when you're losing. Instead of dismissing someone as overly defensive, take the feedback as someone that has shared in your pain and found the way out of it. We ENCOURAGE people to group up, and play in premade groups, because at the end of the day that is the BEST way to win matches and find success.

The ONLY part of any argument that might deserve some adjustment is the twink part, which would be a very marginal shift of a couple levels, and honestly considering some of the feedback I've seen in threads like this, might not move the needle enough to even notice. Players trying to win are going to find the new optimal way to do it. New players trying to have fun are going to need to get their feelings in order and try to win as well as have fun.

The only thing evenly matched about scenarios are the numbers of players on both sides. Everything else is up to how the players prepare to be there in the first place.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Koro

Post#23 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:59 am Trying harder isn't going to hurt you. This should certainly be part of your list of solutions as well.
Couple posts higher I write that we're already trying pretty hard - got a potion-maker and talisman maker in my group of 3, we're already a premade communicating on discord so that's something. Often you'll see us 3 doing objectives or rather trying to (cause in the end it doesn't matter 90% of the time from recent experience) do them while rest just mangles themselves. At some point I need to wonder what trying even harder than that means? One of the two ideas comming to mind is what Zaxxond suggested which would be trying to use unpatched exploits and unbalanced mechanics which I doubt you'd want to suggest. Another would be I don't know - organizing not only 3 premades but whole warband? Using -%xp items to always have best gear?

Is it really too much to want early scenarios to be simply fun and newbie friendly? Especially now with so many new players around I don't understand why am I feeling attacked for simply asking players to allow others have some joy from this game.

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:59 am Players trying to win are going to find the new optimal way to do it. New players trying to have fun are going to need to get their feelings in order and try to win as well as have fun.
Wouldn't it be better for players trying to find "optimal min-maxed uber turbo" way to win to stay in highest bracket? That doesn't feel to me like unreasonable request and in the end it's all what this topic is. Asking everyone who doesn't feel like min-maxing to "get their feelings in order" feels highly misplaced. My feelings are alright - can't say the same about some people I've been matched today cause it really makes me wonder how in order are feelings of someone who consciously spends couple hours a day playing competitive game with opponent that has 0 chances of winning.
Tell me honestly in of above 2 examples about who's "disordered feelings" you'd worry more?

Jabba

Post#24 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:34 am

As some people have said before, just wait another day or so until x2 has ended and the amount of 'twinks' will probably lower significantly.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Detangler

Post#25 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:08 am

To any new players on destro: if you feel like the OP and you are getting stomped by order premades, send in game mail to my Chosen in my signature, tell me your current level, and I'll send you 5 blue talismans up to +19 stats for free. Just gotta reach out to me and tell me what stat you want.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Lithenir

Post#26 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:03 am

Koro first of all, you really misunderstand the reason of the -xp roll. The roll is not to always have best items for twinked out chars. It is for alts to hit lvl 40 with a decent rr of at least 50. Because that's what you need.
I can predict your future. You and your friends will hit lvl 40 with at best rr40 because of questing you are doing. Now with lvl 40 and rr40 you will play with the really big boys with rr80+ and you will have the same scs as you have now. What then? Think about it because it will happen.
The x2 event will be over soon, so the veterans will return to their high chars.
As others mentioned out, this is an old game were you have to fight your way through and some new ****.
If you want real advice take this. Get the vinyui or at least zonepop. If scs don't work out because you constantly facing the same people you have no chance against go in the rvr lakes, avoid the Zerg, face some enemies and have fun. Use the -xp roll yourself to keep the rr as high as possible. And try not to PvE

narvi

Post#27 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:59 am

1) Can avoid premade groups by playing in pug scenarios, groups can't queue to it. queue only for that scenario (I believe the command is .pug to see which sc is the pug one)
2) Try to make your own character stronger, with proper knowledge it takes about 10 minutes to make it strong for bolster.
3) Try grouping with other players that do well in your scenarios, coordinate over voice comms like discord
4) Those veterans that stomp scenarios are almost always willing to help. Whisper them (when you don't mind the lockout if on opposite faction), or find them on forums/discord, ask for help/information/guidance.

Lower you go on the list, higher effort it takes but will bring more improvement&fun in the long run.

Sulorie

Post#28 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:53 am

Koro wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:10 am Can't you people just leave your twinks for a month? How often on the server you have a situation like we have currently? How often does such influx of new player happen? Would it really hurt your egos that much to compete in your tier instead of keeping finding excuses for ruining others experience? Just let all those new people enjoy what Warhammer does best. Please stay in your tier!
Those "twinks" just use the gear you should use too. This means sc/rvr set items, green jewel, belt and cloak and talismans e.g. green ones as well, as blue talis are much more expensive.
They don't beat your team because of gear. The reason why people fail in T4 sc is because they never learned it in previous tiers. Without the will to improve - which is mandatory for a pvp game - and well playing opponents you can't get better in the game.

You think your gear fits your rank? When you want help, you may send me char name in private and I can check whether you're not misguided.

You ever thought how some lvl3-4 chars dominate T1 sc and outkill/-dps all other much higher ranked dd? Class knowledge, picking proper targets and proper gear. When you have an item with talisman slot and no talisman inside, you don't have good gear.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Dancyn

Post#29 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:21 am

Someone probaly said this, why not wait 10 minutes and avoid them right after SC? It's not hard since SC's pop like crazy and u just need to avoid certain traffic.

elykz

Post#30 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:40 am

Lithenir wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:03 am Koro first of all, you really misunderstand the reason of the -xp roll. The roll is not to always have best items for twinked out chars. It is for alts to hit lvl 40 with a decent rr of at least 50. Because that's what you need.
I can predict your future. You and your friends will hit lvl 40 with at best rr40 because of questing you are doing. Now with lvl 40 and rr40 you will play with the really big boys with rr80+ and you will have the same scs as you have now. What then? Think about it because it will happen.
The x2 event will be over soon, so the veterans will return to their high chars.
As others mentioned out, this is an old game were you have to fight your way through and some new ****.
If you want real advice take this. Get the vinyui or at least zonepop. If scs don't work out because you constantly facing the same people you have no chance against go in the rvr lakes, avoid the Zerg, face some enemies and have fun. Use the -xp roll yourself to keep the rr as high as possible. And try not to PvE
Yeah, most people use -75% xp potion for a totally different reason than what people think..
The main reasons for me being:
- To be able to synchronize xp with friend to be able to reach t4 at the same time to be able to continue doing sc
- For the opposite reason than twinking: Because T2-T3 is a tier that allows you to be competitive with crap gear without gearing efforts, without pve, without spending our life in rvr. Green gear < lvl 30 from vendor, sc insignia weapons and about 5 gold of talis bought on AH is more than enough..