Recent Topics

Ads

To all twinks

Let's talk about... everything else
elykz

Re: To all twinks

Post#11 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:06 am

Honestly, you overestimate greatly the gear gap in T2-T3 scs.
What really has impact is how organized people are, and the fact high level players have more abilities.
Focusing on "twink" is a mistake. What you should ask (and i'd be more inclined to agree) is to include another tier (at least in sc) as it was on live, if the population allows it

Ads
Koro

Post#12 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:10 am

Can't you people just leave your twinks for a month? How often on the server you have a situation like we have currently? How often does such influx of new player happen? Would it really hurt your egos that much to compete in your tier instead of keeping finding excuses for ruining others experience? Just let all those new people enjoy what Warhammer does best. Please stay in your tier!

elykz

Post#13 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:18 am

As i said, there is no such thing as twinks. You can't ask for people that are better than average to stop playing their class so that you can enjoy your game...

Zaxxond

Post#14 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:22 am

The vast majority of the veterans are happy to have the new players here and will offer their experience to help the influx of new players.

You should also know that there's a small percentage of try hards on the server that will capitalize on any advantage they can. It's bad sportsmanship. These players will action any exploit that hasn't been patched yet, they will abuse it because they do not want competition. They will laugh in their discords and on their twitch streams and come to the forums to defend their actions knowing that they are actively engaging in helping new players quit the game. They can't help themselves.

Sorry you are having your play time ruined in SCs by lesser try hards who are not good enough to participate in the Bitterbowl.

Lischang

Post#15 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:23 am

So x2 event is only for new players apparently - got it :D
TUP

Koro

Post#16 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:27 am

That is just more poorly executed excuses and not what I ask at all. I'm sure people who were behind today's 500-0 matchfest can play their classes - and probably have multiple chars to do so in T4. You might be under false impression here probably caused by some people complaining in the past. I'm not sure if you'd keep your opinion after actually experiencing what many new players did today - which is essentially being forced to simply avoid scenarios hoping it'll get better in couple hours... and then when you queue again to check if it's playable - nope - still the same group sitting there. I don't even understand how it can be fun for them.

elykz

Post#17 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:38 am

Tbh i've been queuing in lower tiers the whole day and did not encounter what you describe.
500-0... I guess you've just been unlucky.

Try queuing for the pug sc (.pug) if you are unlucky and keep facing the same premade (but considering the current T2-T3 population.. facing the same premade seems very unlikely...)

Dakiaris

Post#18 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:41 am

Lischang wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:01 am You're not dissapointing me - I'm merely tell you as it is. It was like this before the influx and it will be the same after. Right now you're dealing with 6 friends that proberly made a good composition of classes and are rewarded for their effort - imagine playing against 24 of them. That's RvR and it's a fact you'll have to learn to deal with at some point, else you're gonna have a bad time on the server.

I've seen you talk about rvr in 2 threads now and honestly joining rvr groups is no issue since you can usually get into groups regardless of your gear you can focus on heal debuffing and ccing the squishy targets since your damage doesn't matter much. The issue is SC bracket 2 where it's t2 and 3 combined.

You can deny what I'm about to say till you're blue in the face but a premade group of lowbies vs a twinked group isn't going to win no matter what.... You can say "well look for twinks to join you" and to that I gotta say you're just stretching there you know damn well twinks gear to play with other twinks not to join a rag tag band of undergeared lowbies. The power disparity between them is just to large so all that's left is for the lowbies to band together and try to make it work... When you have multiple people on a single twink healer and the healer has a -50% healing taken debuff and he's able to keep himself up with just hots so cc is useless that's something that's gotta be called out.

Lower level healers can't do this and as I level and manage to get at least some "ok" gear I'm noticing the problem is sorting itself out. But the trek to get to that point is utterly infuriating due to the premades impeding progress by massive chunks. Most games you'll see it a utter steme roll 500 to 0 every now and then it's 500 to 120-130 but with scores like that it's going to be a LOT of grinding since the xp/renown you get is laughable like with the double xp/rr going on in around 20 games I got 1 level and 3/4 of a renown rank... Imagine if it wasn't active that would be 1/2 of a lvl/rr.

If it's not to hard due to the large influx of players I wouldn't mind seeing them decouple t2 and 3 till the player base dies down again. This would at least dampen the issue to a decent extent. Though Idk how much work they would have to do to do that so I'm not going to scream at the devs since how they set it up I can understand and I'm sure they are working their asses off due to the influx of players.

Ads
Lischang

Post#19 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:51 am

All I'm saying is that if the go-to method to deal with defeat is complaining, you're gonna have a bad time. I personally joined the server about a year ago, and I had to play through the rough spots aswell, that's just the way it is. This isn't a 2020 mmo where you get hand-held - it's a playerbased rvr game, and yes sometimes you're gonna get so roughly **** on that you forget your first- and or lastname. We've all been there.

Yes there could be done something to brackets, it was made this way cause of low population in mid tiers back in the day, but that's beside the point atm i think, you're still gonna meet well organised and geared groups, more narrow brackets ain't gonna fix that.
TUP

Dakiaris

Post#20 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:53 am

Lischang wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:51 am All I'm saying is that if the go-to method to deal with defeat is complaining, you're gonna have a bad time. I personally joined the server about a year ago, and I had to play through the rough spots aswell, that's just the way it is. This isn't a 2020 mmo where you get hand-held - it's a playerbased rvr game, and yes sometimes you're gonna get so roughly **** on that you forget your first- and or lastname. We've all been there.

Yes there could be done something to brackets, it was made this way cause of low population in mid tiers back in the day, but that's beside the point atm i think, you're still gonna meet well organised and geared groups, more narrow brackets ain't gonna fix that.
I finally had a decent game and it was 2 closer leveled premades... honestly was fun and close as hell I mean we still lost but the gap was sub 30... Now comparing that with the twinks it's night and day vs them it's not fun **** they usually just bottle us in spawn and spawn camp us till the games over.

*edit*
I was grouped with them again and was having fun and the server went down lol.