Recent Topics

Ads

To all twinks

Let's talk about... everything else
empmoz

Re: To all twinks

Post#41 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 am

I used to think like this, then I realised that some players are just better at their class or have way better gear. And not every loss is versus a premade, I've won plenty of t2/3 scenarios, and I only solo queue.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:31 am

It's possible to outheal much higher ranked players, while being naked so quit all those gear arguments, it's a non-issue in T2-3 sc.

In T4 gear matters, when you still use a sub40 armor set as those offer very low wounds. All this you can smooth out by staying longer in T2-3 and actually practise with your class.

Or you can pick the easy solution and suggest to wipe the server and then notice, that the same players are still miles ahead. Despite with same gear they will progress faster and the results will be the same after a few month.
Do you try to find new excuses or when do you try to learn the basics?
It was said multiple times, what you have to do to progress properly.
Dying is no option.

Wam

Post#43 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:47 pm

what defines a twink? Dev's made this pretty hard to do even with debolster, a natural lowbie is alot better (IF) they know know what they are doing... its just gap in knowledge that people need to figure out for themselves through experience both good and bad... you can learn more from lost than any steam roll victory... ask around on forums or discord to help fill in your knowledge blanks...

you are queing as a 3 man, so you are going to come across more premades... if you was "duoing" (something which i like to do as i am pretty casual when not leading warband) so that is your problem, you are bringing half a premade and probably going to come up against people bringing a full premade... that is the system and if you chose this path and way... get more friends, invite people you find in sc who gel well with you class and personality wise.

If you stay as 3 man in t4 you are going to have a bad time if you run into the real boybands out there who will stomp you like no tomorrow... that is why the pug sc exists but its limited to duo... and no cheesing the system to get real boybands into it either as that will get you into trouble.

Maybe Orvr better suits your needs as a 3 man than SC... Sometimes you can do all the right things just be stuck in bad sequence, where your realm lacks good X Y Z Archtype... tanks/dps/healers... or a combination, it happens, its rng and just how it is. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. I can be top healer on lowbie healer, but if my DPS dont do their roll it doesnt mean anything, and if tanks don't do theirs either makes live alot harder and more chance of loss... everybody needs to pull their weight but they don't for various reasons... lack of knowledge, lack of time invested and gear, bad choices especially with assist... or tanks not knowing core feature like how to guard, or even how to guard swap... or play the objective instead of chase the kills. Or healers knowing how to heal out of party and when to rez... just simple basics that are very lacking even in T4 sc gameplay because people havent learned their class or role properly. Its not the enemies fault that they are better than you, more time invested, more synergy and more teamplay. It is own fault for not doing the same as them and being best prepared... and sometimes it is system matchmaking fault because nothing is perfect just how it is... (you could have 0 healers, or you could have pretend dps healers... but you could also have dps who get out dpsd by a tank... or tanks which out heal some healers... these people do not know their class and are servely underpeforming which imbalances the SC... not enemies fault you get teamed with such people, its your allies fault for not seeking self improvement but nothing you can do about it, just have to accept that RNG and move on and hope you do not get paired with them often and maybe they find a way to improve one day )
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Xtaziz

Post#44 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:56 pm

There are no twinks, just people that know how to play the game because of experience. They are probably running with SC gear and maybe some oRvR depending on the level...

Also, there's no time for "boxing sparring" in WAR, you go fight other people, some of them will be better than you and others will be worse, people just have to learn and adapt, there are no side wheels on a pvp game.
Akuraz|Kimochiii
www.twitch.tv/XTAZIZ

Koro

Post#45 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:32 pm

Wam wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:47 pm you are queing as a 3 man, so you are going to come across more premades... if you was "duoing" (something which i like to do as i am pretty casual when not leading warband) so that is your problem, you are bringing half a premade and probably going to come up against people bringing a full premade...
I think this here might also be a valid reason of our experience couple days back - you might be right and us 3 queuing in gorup could result in stopmfest. I just didn't realize the system can work like this till I've tried some solo .pug queues. Good point! I still can't agree with some other posts here and I'll repeat once again in fashion of "trust me dude" - there was absolutely nothing we could do in time we had playing this game to counter 500-0 matches all weekend. I'm closer to understand why but still think "there are no twinks" part is just bunch of bullcrap from people who hasn't experienced and actually seen those matchups.
"Trust me dude" - there absolutely are groups of premade twinks out there you simply cannot compete with doing low lvl scenarios all day and making queuing in groups like mine completly pointless. At least now i know reason for such experience.

Wam

Post#46 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:38 pm

Koro wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:32 pm
Wam wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:47 pm you are queing as a 3 man, so you are going to come across more premades... if you was "duoing" (something which i like to do as i am pretty casual when not leading warband) so that is your problem, you are bringing half a premade and probably going to come up against people bringing a full premade...
I think this here might also be a valid reason of our experience couple days back - you might be right and us 3 queuing in gorup could result in stopmfest. I just didn't realize the system can work like this till I've tried some solo .pug queues. Good point! I still can't agree with some other posts here and I'll repeat once again in fashion of "trust me dude" - there was absolutely nothing we could do in time we had playing this game to counter 500-0 matches all weekend. I'm closer to understand why but still think "there are no twinks" part is just bunch of bullcrap from people who hasn't experienced and actually seen those matchups.
"Trust me dude" - there absolutely are groups of premade twinks out there you simply cannot compete with doing low lvl scenarios all day and making queuing in groups like mine completly pointless. At least now i know reason for such experience.
even with a full premade... you can still lose by a big amount... its alot of factors involved... i.e if you bring 6 balanced players and you are lets say for arguements sake not new/inexperienced/badly geared... you was good and fairly well estabilished... you join sc... you come up against two equally established premades on enemy side 6 + pugs vs 12... and your other party is a mixed bag with maybe 0 healer, 1 super over worked healer... 1 dps healer... tanks not guarding or swapping guards... or dps not assisting... then you are going to have a bad day in that sc and there is nothing you can do about it... no matter how hard you try, you just out organised/numbered and there is too much dead weight to carry... Sometimes pug can surprise but not against the best, and very rare depends if good individuals and good setup. Its pug for a reason.

Match making can never be perfect, sometimes in your favour, sometimes not its just part and parcel of the game it can be frustrating at times but again its not always against you just usually feels like its always against you and never in your favour because its easier to remember negative experiences over positive / easy gg wins by default.

Its sometimes a case of better luck next time, everything goes through cylces in this game, sometimes you might want to get yourself out of the loop you are in, and try something else then go back to it and hope for improvement...

like in the past i could say playing on the weekends compared to weekdays... you meet alot worse quality of player, just like if playing in NA time... (not saying all NA are bad as ive known some of the best from NA(hello lortie as example), and some solid groups there too... just pug wise pretty bad in comparison to other time of day where competition as or was generally higher and more sink or swim and yes there is alot of bad EU also) if i lead something half assed in NA time its easy time compared to EU... but if i meet the wrong group in NA time when i am not try harding then its not easy pickings but generally it is. So swings and roundabouts, win some lose some... even the best try harders will lose a few now and then, if they are player kill obsessed and let the scenario run away from them. (we didn't lose we won on kills 8-) )
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Manatikik

Post#47 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:44 pm

Koro wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:32 pm
Idk we had a group of people leveling new toons that were not ‘twinks’ (ie no talis or pots) and we were stomping 500-0 almost the entire time seven with /5 fill ins. A tank who guard swaps, DPS that assists and use HD, players who detaunt, and healers that pre-hot/manage CD/positon decently will make a huge difference and make it seem really unfair to new people. Very few people twink in T2 in reality and the majority who do only do it cause they can’t hang in T4 so they’re not very good anyways and are easily beaten with any form of coordination.
<Montague><Capulet>

Kaozium

Post#48 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:02 pm

I despise them for trying hard to stomp noobs, but at the same time they show said noobs that skill and effort makes any class fookin dangerous, so they can't summon the "this class sucks because I get wrecked" argument.

Ads
Rimrender

Post#49 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:18 pm

Seems most of the twinks are in this thread. Don't mess with their ego boosting curb stomps, they probably cant handle higher end pvp.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#50 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:33 pm

Rimrender wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:18 pm Seems most of the twinks are in this thread. Don't mess with their ego boosting curb stomps, they probably cant handle higher end pvp.
It's far more likely the players that have been around the server for a while are trying to temper your expectations as they have the experience and knowledge about game mechanics to do so. While they might come off as dismissive, complaints about twinks comes off as entitled. Live and learn.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog