Recent Topics

Ads

To all twinks

Let's talk about... everything else
Lithenir

Re: To all twinks

Post#31 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:50 pm

elykz wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:40 am
- For the opposite reason than twinking: Because T2-T3 is a tier that allows you to be competitive with crap gear without gearing efforts, without pve, without spending our life in rvr. Green gear < lvl 30 from vendor, sc insignia weapons and about 5 gold of talis bought on AH is more than enough..
This is the point where you are absolutely wrong. Playing without efforts? Come on! This in an RvR game and you don't want to spend your life in RvR? What do you think what kind of game you play? This is not a new kind of MMO were you get everything for free. You have to earn it here. With that attitude you won't get anything.
No Tier allows you to be competitive without efforts

Ads
elykz

Post#32 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:02 pm

By effort, i mean time investment. Believe it or not, not everyone has a lot of time to invest in the game. But how the game is designed allows everyone to have fun.
You might have trouble to understand this, but the lower tiers sc are a perfect place to have fun with low time commitment, considering how low the gear requirement to be effective is in that tier. This is indeed not the only place to have fun, and everyone has its own way to find pleasure in a game, but that doesn't mean your way is the universal one.
Also, please, don't patronize me about how to be competitive in that game, you would be quie disappointed ;)

otirruborez

Post#33 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:51 am

No twinks? People are auto attack and aoe spamming harder than normal bolstered 3 second nukes. Twinks plus a broken bolster system is ruining scs right now.

Sulorie

Post#34 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:41 am

otirruborez wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:51 am No twinks? People are auto attack and aoe spamming harder than normal bolstered 3 second nukes. Twinks plus a broken bolster system is ruining scs right now.
There are no twinks. Only people who use basics you should have learned in T1 already. The bolster in T2-3 sc was never at rank 40 or higher.

You could take screenshots from your combat log with time stamps or record it to show what you encounter in sc, so we can see where to help you.
Dying is no option.

Everdin

Post#35 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:17 am

Hi,

I was happy about x2 event and the number of new players in the game! I played my wizzard the last days because i am not good enough for competitiv T4 PvP! I used -Xp roll and the special "ThisIsATwinkToRuleTheLowTIerGear" also the 300%dmg buff for veterans helped a lot!!!!

Like already mentioned so many times before, veteran players use these events for leveling a character, why should we wait a month to play them without bonus? It will take us more than double the time altough we did all this low tier stuff so often in the last years!

And what will happen? YOU have you're chars r40 and geared with your party of 3-4 (becausse you famred all the people solo queing) and a row of new players will be suffer because a premade group will always be better then them, they have even more problems because the sc won't pop instant, they will wait 10-15min just to get groundstomped!

We had some of our new players with us, they enjoyed playing with us and win scenarios. And, to come down to earth: there is no "ThisIsATwinkToRuleTheLowTIerGear" and 300%dmg buff for veterans, most of the time my wizzard was geard in devastor/duelist with some talis, nothing special, everyone can buy it!

If you want to win:

1. build 2:2:2 groups with other people (yes they are there, and they are looking for group!!).
2. Gear them with the best you can find and don't forget talis
3. Read the description of your abilitys and use them wise
4. Do your job, if you do not know what your job is, ask! (tanks are no tough dps, guard ist not a suggestion, it's your job!)
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Mcz

Post#36 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:39 am

Yes i am a veteran, yes i played my lowbie, yes i grouped and used discord. Yes our tanks are def specced and guard and guard swap, yes our healers were healing specced and healed and even used detaunt.

I am sooooo sorry for this but i promise next time we will think about tanks going dps spec without having guard on hotbars, no talismans in our gear , no potion use and also healers all specced for dps and remove all healing spells from bars along with detaunt.

I understand your frustration but i can asure you i as vet am as frustrated as you when i try to explain people why they are loosing but u get a reply like "I can play however i want leave me alone"
Yeah sure u can but dont go blaming people who play the game in an optimal way that they twink....u cant twink in this game...only real advantage veterans have that u will probably not have acces to atm is gold...so they can equip purple talismans wich are more expensive

Sulorie

Post#37 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:34 am

Helped several ppl yesterday who didn't know where to get gear for their rank. What they told me was, that they did pve quests and pq. Their gear was like 10 ranks lower than their character rank. One thought he had good gear.

Obviously you lose this way, when your team had more of them. Every vet rerolling can change the odds.

I am playing engineer long before all the new players joined and since 10 ranks, r35 rr45 now, I dominate every sc with dmg/kills without even min-maxing gear. Only green talismans and some medium ranked potions. The gear absolutely doesn't matter as much as a lot new players think.

And to get this straight, they die because you can pull your entire rotation and they do nothing to counter it or reduce inc dmg, despite having the tools to do so. Having a bad default UI doesn't help either. The reaction of streamers, who are new to the game, when they get help to change the UI tells a lot, it's like day and night difference.
Dying is no option.

Koro

Post#38 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:43 am

So I've been testing different approaches and here's a partial solution that worked for me to a level where SC-s finally become playable again:

STEP 1. Use .pug command- queue ONLY on SC-s there. I know it sux but it's what you're essentially forced to as a newb during 2x events to avoid stompfest.
STEP 2. Don't even think about running your game without: viewtopic.php?t=6371 after installing this UI I realized how blind I was not even seeing half of the stuff that I should pay attention to in pvp. Takes some time to learn, probably even more to master, there's a TON of new commands you should use to configure UI for your individual play style but it's worth it.

Aaaand... that's pretty much it. Those 2 advices from this topic changed the situation for me the most - rest of the stuff about "learning experience" from getting stomped, "getting your feelings in order " and "git gud" style of answers are just excuses from folks just can't let go and allow bunch of newbs have fun.

To improve your experience even more
STEP 3. Get some crappy talis, farm your currency for better items to avoid wearing stuff from quests that's 10 levels behind, get some crappy pots and you're golden.

I'd say honestly step 3 is optional as with step 1 and 2 combined with current influx of newbs you'll find enough fresh players that just don't feel that it's necesary to cut themselves just to always win.

From time to time there STILL will be some dude on your scenarios that'll stomp you due to unpatched exploits/op builds, overpowered talis/pots for amounts of gold beyond newbie reach and gods know what items but at least it won't be the experience you'll have 90% of the time like I had couple days in a row before taking above two steps.

Thanks to all who actually tried to help with some decent advice - rest can go pump their egos on some newb scenarios and ignore the rest trying to have fun.

Peace!

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#39 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:54 am

Remember to spend the RR points into trainer as fast as possible, get the habilities you need in each moment, and spen ALL points. Respects are free,dont save 9 points waiting to have 10 to train ability XXX, spend the 9 points into something and when you get the +1 point respec and get the ability you want.

The same for mastery points.

anarchypark

Post#40 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:10 am

@OP
were you 3man?
try 2tanks 2dps 2heals 6man.
a bit hassle, high chance of meeting trolls and armchair generals,
but if you don't wanna feel same frustration again,
It's only viable option to avoid 500-0
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4