Recent Topics

Ads

bring back T2 and T3

Let's talk about... everything else
Grobbok

bring back T2 and T3

Post#1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:32 pm

when there are almost 3000 ppl on the server, maybe we should split the campaign between T2 and T3 again, as it was in the original game
upgrade on server give us almost nothing, lag still is and will be even bigger when all this ppl from t1 jump right into t4 fight
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Ads
chelyrenee

Re: bring back T2 and T3

Post#2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:46 pm

Wait, T2 and 3 are gone?? Why??
Why not just make faster xp optional for those who WANT to jump to T4??
I am not interested in rushing...

M0rw47h

Post#3 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:54 pm

chelyrenee wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:46 pm Wait, T2 and 3 are gone?? Why??
Why not just make faster xp optional for those who WANT to jump to T4??
I am not interested in rushing...
T2-3-4 got merged, because there was not enough people to keep them alive. Taking empty keeps is boring.

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:21 pm

T2 through T4 are merged. What that means is that you fight in T1 from levels 1-15. Once you hit level 16 you can fight in any of the T2-T4 zones that are open (and are bolstered to level 48 when you do so you can compete against level 40 players).

This was done to not only help with early low population issues, but also gives a larger variety of content when you are at max level. Quite a bit of work went into doing this, I really don't think they would consider changing it back.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Manatikik

Post#5 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:46 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:21 pm T2 through T4 are merged. What that means is that you fight in T1 from levels 1-15. Once you hit level 16 you can fight in any of the T2-T4 zones that are open (and are bolstered to level 48 when you do so you can compete against level 40 players).

This was done to not only help with early low population issues, but also gives a larger variety of content when you are at max level. Quite a bit of work went into doing this, I really don't think they would consider changing it back.
Pretty sure it’s just values in the DB and not a lot of work that went into it. The work they talked about was restoring the zones initially.

I doubt they do it now because they think cities are happening too often already and not having an extra 4-6 zones to go through would increase that even more.
<Montague><Capulet>

Detangler

Post#6 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:09 am

Please dont change it back ever. There are 3 pairings to choose from. If you don't like the numbers in one, go to the other. If you don't like all 3, then queue scenarios and go xp farm. leveling was terrible on live in the middle dead zones. here there's always something to do if you put some effort into it (i.e. form a warband if none are up and spam /lfg and /t4 for more people).
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:30 am

Grobbok wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:32 pm when there are almost 3000 ppl on the server, maybe we should split the campaign between T2 and T3 again, as it was in the original game
upgrade on server give us almost nothing, lag still is and will be even bigger when all this ppl from t1 jump right into t4 fight
No offense, but what are you gonna propose monday or tuesday when x2 will end and all those Pre T2+ players will be 32+? :) limit Tiers 4 to 40 only? Slice tiers per ranks :p ? Slow overall progression (after how many years of complains about a toooooo slowwwww progression) ?

If there are 2k+ ppl and if they all stay, there will be a moment where they will be in T4. In a manner or another, and it is a matter of days. I'm not sure re-introducing T2-3 gonna change anything in an quite short term. Moving back would take more time to deploy than the time those players are gonna take to reach 40 in the next days.

Grock

Post#8 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:55 am

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:30 amlimit Tiers 4 to 40 only?
Yaliskah wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:30 amlimit Tiers 4 to 40 only?
to be honest that should've been done from the start by original developers, considering how much progression through gear and RR there is post 40

Fresh 32 doesn't even have their base skillset and are very limited on masteries
Yaliskah wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:30 am If there are 2k+ ppl and if they all stay, there will be a moment where they will be in T4. In a manner or another, and it is a matter of days. I'm not sure re-introducing T2-3 gonna change anything in an quite short term. Moving back would take more time to deploy than the time those players are gonna take to reach 40 in the next days.
It won't be just few days, even considering the average player won't stay for long (which is normal for the games) you are missing that most of these fresh players will be leveling new alts so the T2-T3 isolated from 40+ could stay fairly populated for anywhere from few weeks to few months.

It is safe to say that with City SIeges and Sov/Warlord bringing old players back(many of whom will also play alts) and the sudden influx of completely new players the server will stay more populated for the next few months than anytime in last two years.
Even when most people leave we wil llikely still be at ~1200-1500 average online

Bringing back T2-T3 even temporarily would greatly improve quality of play for all the newcomers and potentially convince them to stay for longer, while the cycle of getting steamrolled and farmed by veterans will probablu just burn more people out

Of course the final decision depends on how hard it would be to implement tech-wise.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Jahledan

Post#9 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:43 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:21 pm T2 through T4 are merged. What that means is that you fight in T1 from levels 1-15. Once you hit level 16 you can fight in any of the T2-T4 zones that are open (and are bolstered to level 48 when you do so you can compete against level 40 players).
But....

Your gear is still par t1. So how can I complete when I go down to the wind and hit like a twig??

That is not competing in anything but a massacre.

"Bringing back T2-T3 even temporarily would greatly improve quality of play for all the newcomers and potentially convince them to stay for longer, while the cycle of getting steamrolled and farmed by veterans will probablu just burn more people out"

+1
Or merge t1-2 then t3-4. helps the gear gap and survive-ability of the new low lvl players like myself. Very disheartening playing against t4 as a t2 player. No chance at all

Roids

Post#10 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Just make T2 zones for players 16-39 would be enought, and players who are 16+ can still join T3-T4 zones.