Recent Topics

Ads

Classes for newcomers

Let's talk about... everything else
heybaws

Re: Classes for newcomers

Post#11 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:18 am

If you wanna play destro, then greenskin faction in general is for you.

Ads
CeeJay89

Re: Classes for newcomers

Post#12 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:17 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:00 am
zak68 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:06 am always thought that a magus/engi was way harder to play (not even talking about playing it well) than a sorc/bw, starting from the pet management to the pull ability; why am i wrong ?
You are not wrong. It boggles my mind, why people suggest engi/magus. The typical newbie engi you see, builds his turret, even if enemy melee train is pushing or spams his napalm aoe dot on cooldown to break CC casted by your own team.

It's a great pug sc class but I wouldn't suggest it to any beginner.
I always saw it as spec dependent. Sure the AoE builds for warbands might be a little more difficult to learn to use what, when and why, but Rifleman spec or the Magus equivalent?

You literally sit at a safe distance from the greater majority of enemies, pop down your turret, and do a 5 or 6 button rotation (IR, SF, Snipe/GB, FF, HS, APR somewhere in there if you have it) from a stationary location. If they don't get heals, and are squishy, they typically die. It's one of the easiest specs I've ever played, and it's actually quite fun.

This is supposedly for new players, and honestly, new players aren't going to run around in optimized premades. Rifleman and the Magus equivalent do just fine in pug warbands, scenarios, and solo.

Edit: oh and they're fantastic for butchering and making money (especially armor mats).