New players, vanq and warlord/sov

Let's talk about... everything else
Arbich
Suspended

Re: New players, vanq and warlord/sov

Post#11 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:12 pm

Sad to read complaints for arguably the best system to obtain gear. Vanq medals drop from pvp kills and on zonelocks you can accumulate contribution based on your performance to get gold bags sooner or later. You can go in and out of rvr (doing sc or pve) and still see progress. You are not forced to do specific content at a specific time (which is out of your control) to get gear.
I would very much prefer that you can get every gear the same way you can get vanq.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Starke

Re: New players, vanq and warlord/sov

Post#12 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:37 pm

Drys wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:22 am I think there are two separate issues being discussed here in the thread:
1. Does disparity of gear make it too hard for new-40s to play in RVR?
2. Are the current costs for gear reasonable considering the new upper end gear sets added?

Won't touch the first question. Others have.

As far as the second question, rather than dropping the price of vanq, it would make sense to have conq convert to vanq at a 5:1 ratio as with lower tier medals. This would make vanq a little easier to obtain for the mid-RR tiers.
Yeah, introducing the first question was probably not super smart of me.

But it does seem like people feel that vang is too hard to get given it's high/mid teir spot. (with some exceptions based on time zones)

So it seems like people could get behind one or more of the following:
Put 2 pieces of vanq in each gold bag to reduce the duplicate problem
Let people convert 1/2/3 (seems like 1-2 might be better) pieces of duplicate vanq gear into a different piece
Convert conq up to vanq (though for me this does nothing since I never hit L40 without rr50, so I tend to have very few conq, but it would help some people)

I'm going to post in suggestions, anyone who has any more comments, feel free to post there.

I agree with your last line arbich but I doubt anyone else will :)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35517

Anything else to add, post it there please. Lets forget the gear gap :)
Wargrimnir - Dear unverified refugees of the skaven ridden dumpster fire we occasionally call "the server"