Recent Topics

Ads

Gearing For New Players

Let's talk about... everything else
Fenris78

Re: Gearing For New Players

Post#11 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 pm

Main issue is lack of gear from lv 17 to 29 (no set, PvE nor PvP for more than 10 levels).

You get Keeper / Obliterator lv 16-17, but nothing until Devastator (lv 29), and it's currently the only set available (No matching PvE set for lv 26-29).

Lv 35-39 is very poor, since Beastlord have been nerfed to lv 40 only (accordingly to specs reduction, it should have been a good move to keep it's current lv to 35-36 since you can do quests at this level).
And Genesis/Bulwark/Assaliant incoherency being equipable at lv 36, but only obtainable from lv 40...

PvE jewerly is non-existent until lv 35 and Impervious Winds (the only valuable set so far, other are so useless we wont talk about them).

So there is a big gearing gap after lv 30, that persist until lv 40. Wich is shame, since most lv40 sets are now far more powerful than Beastlord/genesis... :/

Ads
Vayra

Post#12 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 pm Main issue is lack of gear from lv 17 to 29 (no set, PvE nor PvP for more than 10 levels).

You get Keeper / Obliterator lv 16-17, but nothing until Devastator (lv 29), and it's currently the only set available (No matching PvE set for lv 26-29).

Lv 35-39 is very poor, since Beastlord have been nerfed to lv 40 only (accordingly to specs reduction, it should have been a good move to keep it's current lv to 35-36 since you can do quests at this level).
And Genesis/Bulwark/Assaliant incoherency being equipable at lv 36, but only obtainable from lv 40...

PvE jewerly is non-existent until lv 35 and Impervious Winds (the only valuable set so far, other are so useless we wont talk about them).

So there is a big gearing gap after lv 30, that persist until lv 40. Wich is shame, since most lv40 sets are now far more powerful than Beastlord/genesis... :/
There's Mayhem from PQs for mid-20s. There's also the tier 3 version of the Stalker set (forget the name).
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Keula

Post#13 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:22 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:00 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:49 am
Keula wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 am

This exists: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29557 but it doesn't have warlord or sov yet.
Also you can just go to the vendors that sell them and check them out.
Downloaded tha spreadsheet but when i open on my desktop always get an error and never worked...
Finally made it work (have to upload to google docs) but its really slow....and cant find sets like Redeye or vanquisher...
Its slow when you open a menu for the 1st time after opening the doc, but becomes responsive after that. And redeye and vanq are there, so idk look harder? Maybe you clicked on some older version? the newest is 3.0.5
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:33 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 pm Main issue is lack of gear from lv 17 to 29 (no set, PvE nor PvP for more than 10 levels).

Mayhem set (PQ´s) and stalker set (PVE quest) is for that level gap (level 17 => 29): https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... Mayhem_Set

mituhealer

Post#15 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:02 pm

what was the issue of not dropping gear based on renown, and not on renown and level? it was so fun being 30/45-50 and being already equiping yourself with conqueror/ genesis/ subjugator, for later on

Starx

Post#16 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:43 pm

mituhealer wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:02 pm what was the issue of not dropping gear based on renown, and not on renown and level? it was so fun being 30/45-50 and being already equiping yourself with conqueror/ genesis/ subjugator, for later on
I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and just say things are in a weird state atm due to cities being the biggest powercreep in gear we have ever seen in the game and the mechanisms for lower level gear progression aren't priority.

One of the things I loved most about live warhammer pre RR80+ (before everyone worth anything quit or got strapped to swtor) was how beautiful the catchup mechanics were for new players. IDK if they intended it, but what they created was probably still one of the greatest progression systems for gear in a PvP game. For RvR gear, the higher RR the general population was the greater the rewards were that they dropped. So as a low RR new player coming into t4 yes you were at a disadvantage but you had people dropping up to royal crests (still extremely rare) which meant your progression was going to be 20x? maybe even faster then when the playerbase was all like RR 40-50 whatever because of down conversion of medals. Which right now yes on this server we only see vanq drop which kills that progression up to conq gear.

PvE wise, same thing you got wards from RvR gear so you could just pvp and skip PvE content you didnt want to do (just hop straight into ToVL if you wanted), horizontal progression blah blah. I know the devs put a lot of work into gunbad and city dungeons, and the last thing they want to see is them being invalidated because its so easy to just get conq/inv and then run bastion stair for relevant gear. But for me as much as i'd like to get bloodlord I just cant find the motivation to run those lower dungeons, i just dont have the time outside of RvR and city pushes.

Scenarios were the same thing, except this server vastly improved upon it with gear sets on top of weapons. But then now we have sov gear and the best scenario set/weps is below invader.

Panodil

Post#17 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:06 pm

I play healer, sadly the Vanq set is just to good for WB play. That last proc that takes your groupheal down to 1.9s is up alot.
But would not conver invader to vanq. Get that Invader unlock so you might get gear in future.

As healer zealot/rp/shaman/AM in WB play i would for sure go full vanq, full genesis and sc rr45/61 weapons(dragon focus for zealot with 3% hcrit)
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

mituhealer

Post#18 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:27 pm

its strange for me the fact that theres so many double renown and xp weekends and in the end you get a lot of players rr60+ in conquerors or annihilators

Ads
Starx

Post#19 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:06 am

mituhealer wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:27 pm its strange for me the fact that theres so many double renown and xp weekends and in the end you get a lot of players rr60+ in conquerors or annihilators
hey im not complaining id rather be rr60 in conq than rr 50 :^)

mituhealer

Post#20 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:28 am

Starx wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:06 am
mituhealer wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:27 pm its strange for me the fact that theres so many double renown and xp weekends and in the end you get a lot of players rr60+ in conquerors or annihilators
hey im not complaining id rather be rr60 in conq than rr 50 :^)
more free renown for the other side xD