All the time a poor city contribution

Let's talk about... everything else
Lay

All the time a poor city contribution

Post#1 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:07 pm

Hello everyone, this post and especially intended for dev, but I invite everyone to give their feelings or to deny my words.
However, I invite you to do so with serenity and without harsh treatment of Devs

I know that you worked on the contribution currently to be as fair as possible and I greatly respect the work that you do on the whole game.
However I come to wonder if you have provided compensation for the claces who are since leaving the capital penalized by this problem of contribution.

Let me explain :

I play mainly witch hunter, I practically made all the capital until now, I think to have a level of plays with the minimum average which should make me from time to time gain a bag in gold.
Until now on all the capital made, I had only one gold bag, most of the time I have a white bag or no bag at all, which currently makes me an average of 50 tokens. I remember that I made almost all the capital.
At the same time some claces are completely advantageous, I think especially of claces which are capable of self heal, support, tank and DPS like the SM.
For Witness, I have an SM in my guild who loot at least if it does well are working a gold bag by capital, which allowed him to loot 2 or 3 pieces and then chain the tokens * 5 in the gold bags.

Is who to date is not far from having his 5th set of pieces.

I am obliged to acknowledge my jealousy / discouragement with regard to this situation, I will continue to play without showing my feelings (I show it to you here is it squeezed the only time) because everyone does not care and I am not one to rally day by day for this kind of thing when I have the chance to play one of the best open rvr games to my knowledge.

I see some people coming to me saying that WH is a claces which is useless lablabla (I have another opinion but we will discuss it on another post if you wish), ok but I think that the clace of witch hunter n ' is not alone in being penalized for this.

After a few weeks in the capital, I feel compelled to get up early in the morning or stay late in the evening so as not to fall behind my playmates and also to continue to have an impact in games.

I do not know if you have the possibility to make statistics claces / token looter, is perhaps to invalidate what I tell.

I am not a fan of the wipe server token but can be a compensation for all those who were disadvantaged.

Thank you for the work accomplished to date, for having worked with you a few years ago on DB I know how hard and hard the work can be and that the reward coming from the players is not often a the height.

I just needed to express my feelings on it.

Whatever you do I will probably continue to play as said above and once again thank you for making this game exist.

Love you guys and see you in game. <3
Image ImageImage

Ads
Chinesehero

Re: All the time a poor city contribution

Post#2 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:22 pm

i see a player got 1st but after rolling become 24th :)

Ghostwalker

Post#3 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:54 pm

Lay wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:07 pm After a few weeks in the capital, I feel compelled to get up early in the morning or stay late in the evening so as not to fall behind my playmates and also to continue to have an impact in games.
This is what Elitism does to private servers dude, I have not been here long and I already know that nothing will be made 'fun' here or any true QoL changes for casuals, I miss the days I could play games for 18hrs a day and be op as fk compared to casual.. but being 34 this year means I no longer have this luxury like you I will be left behind, it sucks but that's the nature of the mmorpg tbh

I'd like to see a fresh server put up, with higher exp rates and changes to RvR that aren't in RoR like T2-T4 being combined... I don't like that myself its not balanced in any way actually makes balance worse, when people defend this point with 'bolster' talk they are normally level 40/40+ with nice gear and trashing all the level 16's easily so to them its no problem(more elitism).

Anyway I hope it gets fixed for you and everyone else who is penalized for playing classes they enjoy that others hate.. only time wil tell as always :)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:36 pm

Ghostwalker wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:54 pm
Lay wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:07 pm After a few weeks in the capital, I feel compelled to get up early in the morning or stay late in the evening so as not to fall behind my playmates and also to continue to have an impact in games.
This is what Elitism does to private servers dude, I have not been here long and I already know that nothing will be made 'fun' here or any true QoL changes for casuals, I miss the days I could play games for 18hrs a day and be op as fk compared to casual.. but being 34 this year means I no longer have this luxury like you I will be left behind, it sucks but that's the nature of the mmorpg tbh

I'd like to see a fresh server put up, with higher exp rates and changes to RvR that aren't in RoR like T2-T4 being combined... I don't like that myself its not balanced in any way actually makes balance worse, when people defend this point with 'bolster' talk they are normally level 40/40+ with nice gear and trashing all the level 16's easily so to them its no problem(more elitism).

Anyway I hope it gets fixed for you and everyone else who is penalized for playing classes they enjoy that others hate.. only time wil tell as always :)
This is the problem with casualists, we've made tons of concessions to casual play improving things to be more accessible for years. Unfortunately they'll never know what changes were made as a casualist isn't going to bother keeping up with the server beyond an initial complaint that their specific brand of candy isn't being freely distributed by the evil elitists.

Good luck starting a new server with that attitude by the way. I'm sure your hardcore elitist dedication to building a server on the ashes of a dead game will be much easier and more fruitful than the years of grinding we've put into our own attempt.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Lay

Post#5 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:56 am

Ghostwalker wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:54 pm

Originally I am wasn't talking about being a casual or harcord gamer.
But rather the fact that being top dps does not allow me to have a gold bag in city. And it looks like certain claces in particular sm (this is the only example I have: p) are much easier than others to have.

Again it is my jealousy speaking, I am wasn't lucky to have items in the gold bag either.

So I take my pain patiently and I make 10 tokens on a full win and 3 tokens on a defeat like 90% of the players.

It takes time, taking time to have a full stuff is a good thing. Nobody wants a server on which we have full stuff in 4 weeks.

And as I don't miss a lot of city, I soon have my 3 rd piece out of 8. So in fews months i will be full :)

In my opinion, giving 16+ players the opportunity to come and do rvr with everyone is the best thing to do, at least for now.

When there will be 2000 players logging in every evening, this may cause problems.

It also gives these players the opportunity to start topping tokens, and the tokens below the invaders are the sinews of wars especially for potions.
Image ImageImage

adapter
Suspended

Post#6 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:18 am

Contribution is so broken right now, it kinda feels sometimes that it is reversed, as an example one player can do a lot of things in a stage let say in kills, capping flags, pillagin, group buffs, etc...and still come out as 24th in contribution, i've tested myself. I've done a lot but got 50 points in contribution and also tried doing very little and got over 400 in contribution, it's really weird.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

jasonX
Suspended

Post#7 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:40 am

Man i jsut did 2 mil dmg and 61 kills in Aldorf.... got places 16-22 in contri on the BW. This is like the 6th consecutive city that I kill a shietload of folks and still i get bad contri.
DPS contribution is for sure broken.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

adamthelc

Post#8 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:31 am

It is kind of bad for dps right now. Hopefully it balances out at some point. I personally am not sweating it because I did very well in terms of rewards when cities first came out.

Ads
Babanim

Post#9 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:13 am

I average 20th no matter what I do. Doesn't matter if I try hard or if I get stuck in terrain and do nothing for 15 minutes. :x

Fey

Post#10 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:35 am

Dps complaining about contribution? I must be high.

This salt about, me no get BiS gear, is already tiresome. As someone who almost exclusively plays healer I have had particularly **** contribution, and gear rolls especially in forts. Healers get a Hot Carl on the regular, so hearing this from dps is just adorable.

Hell, even devastator gear gives 6%crit does it not? If you're not a head-in-ass player you can compete in Anni/conq/BL/Red-eye. Stomping clueless Sovereign players is just that much sweeter. Git gud mate.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan