Recent Topics

Ads

City Siege Strategy

Let's talk about... everything else
Wam

Re: City Siege Strategy

Post#11 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:19 am

gerard86 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:21 am ello everyone,

I am sure that by now most of you guys would have the opportunity of playing through a city siege, i thought i would start this thread to talk about the experiences in that scenario. This isnt meant to be a feedback thread, it is just meant to discuss some winning strategies which the forces of destruction or order can adopt.

On that note:

I played a city siege in a casually organised 12 man warband yesterday as destro and went up against what did not seem to be a order organised warband. So of course in phase 1 we tried to take the middle BO from them.

They had a strategy just to turtle and when we rushed them, they used concussive mine tactic from the engy and shatter limbs from the slayers to shut down all our AOE healing, we only managed about 300k or so of heals for the entire scenario.

Our cast times for aoe heals was around 5 seconds. and during this time they unloaded heavy burst on us which dont allow us to heal the incoming damage in any way.

We didnt have the chance to build morales because they were aggressive and engaged on us when we tried to build morales.I needed a M2 but they didnt let any of us get it at all.

As such, we lost really badly 200 kills to around 7 or 8 .

Would anyone be able to advise on a better strategy to use or how to counter this particular strategy which targets the healers?
multiple issues

first you are only 12... that is half the setup... what is the other half pure rng? so lack of synergy

are they even on same comms?

Both sides have tools, but destro's tools are better but often not 100% utilized as much as they could or should be... fights can be kinda close though alot of variables.

If you are 12 you should be 2-2-2 x 2 atleast... and know who is main assist and know what your role is. Look closely at your class composition and how they blend with one another, and seeing if a alternative class fits better if you want to be more than casually organised. (I.e armour debuff with phys dmg)

Engi as okay utility on paper but pretty underpeforming in reality... they are easy to counter kill turret punt guard... sounds like you was missing Doks to cleanse and also missing counter dps pressure / destro utility.

you want one healdok per a party atleast and use m2 cleanse on them also to give you more of a chance.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
Direbloodykiller

Post#12 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:08 am
Nefarian78 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:10 am Sh*t and jiggles
zageen wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:15 am MOAR sh*t and jiggles
Ok, this is funny... Care to share your hidden knowledge of what are order doing wrong against that setup? How can order adapt against it? Care to explain why a setup based around abilities is not an strategy? Moreover when your direct answer was "it's not strategy but warband composition"? Care to post a setup that can compete against destro one? I'm all ears, oh almighty ones...

I kindly invite you to play also order from time to time. Playing both here and there's not even colour. Destro characters are OP. And if you start with using 4 players to defeat one skill, think that is OP as hell instead of writing a sci-fi of how you will counter it.

LoL!! People speaking without a single idea of what they say! :D :D
i understand your pov but a good player shouldnt even have to play order side to understand that we (destro) got an easier ride in the lakes

Chinesehero

Post#13 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:07 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:01 am
kmark101 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:16 am Sure.

1. Get melee squigs who float in and out and spam cd increaser on anyone
2. Get 1 mara to drain 24 order player nonstop without counterplay
3. Get 2 choppas who spam get to the choppa 24/7
4. Be unbeatable to any possible order setup
This is false. You need 3 Choppas and 2 Maras :P :D

Wish this wasn't true, but it is. Currently destro are simply unbeatable if they use this combination. Pop 3 chop, 2 mara, 2 mSH and a random 8th DPS, pop 4 Chosen and 4 BOrks with 2h, and it's pretty much over. You can even pass with 6 heals to add more DPSs, to which BOrks counts cause of the stupidly overpowered You Wot!?!!!, and win without breaking a sweat. No challenge nor risk, just rolfstomp.
good advice
some ppl say 2h tank not good. but in SC 2h tank is the best tank
Yes many destro with 2h tanks win. They fully understand how City seige work. Hope order can make some change to their mind and get progress
Order still on the snb rvr fight but forget we are playing SC in city seige
actually snb in 24 man each group 1 snb is ok but if too many snb dmg decrease and not the best combination
a full dmg dps tank equal 75% of a dps
2 normal dps tank equal 1 dps
and 8 tank spots in one 24 WB so u know the dmg difference for all 8 snb or 4-8 dps tanks the dmg difference
dps tank can group up to rush and kill healer destro always use this setup to zerg
Last edited by Chinesehero on Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#14 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Seems like you have a poor knowledge about destro classes.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ototo

Post#15 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:55 pm

larsulu wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Says the guy that specifically runs this build always in cities...
Spoiler:

larsulu
Suspended

Post#16 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:55 pm

Ototo wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:55 pm
larsulu wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Says the guy that specifically runs this build always in cities...
Order and destro got both counter to each other, and 1 Mara only doesn’t make any difference.
Ps: 1 Mara cant drain 24 ppl you know ?
You got slayers/bw/wh/ kotb/ am to counter destro wb
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok