Recent Topics

Ads

(destro) the anatomy of a premade wb/group ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Kaozium

(destro) the anatomy of a premade wb/group ?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Hello there

I'm still on my quest to find the one (non-healer) character to play and stay on, the one that is adaptable to all setups if such a thing exists (even if have to respec between them). I can judge well enough what is good for solo, smallman and pug wb/sc, but I have no idea what an organized wb or premade sc group looks like. Would you guys help me ? Knowing the composition of an organized destro wb/group in regard to quantity (proportion of class X in the setup) and quality (what class/spec) would help me make a definitive choice. On top of my head I can think BO, BG, Choppa, maybe sorc... (correct me if I'm wrong) and that's about it.

Thanks

Ads
Goermsi

Re: (destro) the anatomy of a premade wb/group ?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Whats with the Squig?

Solo - u are range, u have a pet. U can be fast and horrbile nasty.
Grp - always nice to have a range DD in assist to a meele
WB - u want to go meele? U can ... its kind of imba.

But if u want to play in a "premade" ... i guess, u have to play meele at the moment.
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

Jabba

Post#3 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:08 pm

BO: used everywhere, very good in warbands for cd decreased/stat buffs etc. Very good in small scale for the assist damage it brings. Multiple BOs per warband, wanted in 6 man's.

Choppa:. Good in both, good in warbands for aoe damage/chop fasta and pull. Good in small scale if it's well supported. Can have multiple in warband, good in 6 man's.

Sh: good in warbands as msh, cd increaser, good aoe/mobility/ reasonably tough. Same things make it good for small scale groups. Ranged spec is good for smaller scale (mostly rvr kite groups) when you're geared properly. Can have multiple in warband.

DPS sham:. Good solo, **** in warbands. Can work in 6 man's but certainly not top choice. Wouldn't want any in warband.

BG: not as desirable in warbands as it doesn't bring the same utility the other 2 tanks do, you wouldn't want to take more than 1 afaik. Amazing in small scale (one of best tanks for that)

Sorc: great for warbands, great for pug farming in a group (find yourself a tank that knows when to punt), **** for 6v6 against melee setup. Multiple spots in warbands.

We: limited but not entirely uselss in warbands, better alternatives for sure. Good in smaller scale but you'll always be squishy if you want to output damage. Good for solo/ganking. Wouldn't want many if any in warbands.

DPS dok: great in small scale fights. **** in warbands. Easily kited. Obviously has the option of going healer for warbands.

Chosen:. Great in warbands for stagger/auras etc. Good in 6 man but generally you would want a BG over chosen. Multiple spots in warband

Mara: great in warband for utility with morale drain etc. Fallen out of favour a bit in 6 man's because they don't quite have the same raw damage output of the other DPS classes. Still strong though. Good for securing kills in rvr/ZERG fights with pull. Can fill multiple spots in warband for overlapping morale drain, but you lose damage the more you take.

Magus: good aoe, bit of warband utility with aoe pull, but sorc is preferable for the damage. Great for being an annoying shitter sitting at 150+ range and sniping people. Not wanted in 6 man's. Too static for kite groups. Strong solo. Probably not more than 1 wanted in warbands for the pull.

Kinda sums it up from my point of view. So if you want a class that has a good spec for everywhere. I would go for a greenskin. BO, choppa or squig. Maybe a mara
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Kaozium

Post#4 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:43 pm

Jabba wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:08 pm
Thanks for the amazing list, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. How would you rank choppa versus mara when it comes to wb demand ? How many of both would you typically find in an organized wb ? If they're even, I would probably go mara since they can solo farm like no tomorrow and don't require as much babysitting. But wb slot availability would be my first criteria.
Goermsi wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:49 pm Whats with the Squig?
[...]
But if u want to play in a "premade" ... i guess, u have to play meele at the moment.
I hadn't seen it this way, but to be honest I have zero interest into playing mSH :s I'd rather go for a classic tank if it's for wb play.