Let's talk about... everything else
Ototo

Re: Choppa pull

Post#71 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 am

Wdova wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:22 am
Ototo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:11 am
Spoiler:
Wdova wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:20 am

This does not happend with engineer/magus pulls? From what I saw theyr puls seems undefendable too and also goes thru textures, objects, etc.

The imbalace is and will be always here since same archetypes has different abbilities.
Destro has magus and choppa pull ad 0 ranged KDs, order has 2 ranged KDs and engi pull. Until melee SH get reworked destro had 0 pounces. When You play on both sides, you face of difference threads and all are verry anoying :-)
They are defendable. Also now that you name them, magus pull is 1 second faster than engi pull. The animation runs both for the same amount of cast time, but Magus rift will pull in the next second after the animation ends, while engi will pull 2 seconds after the cast ends.
Do You speak from personal expirience(playing both magus and engi) or from one side point of view while grass is greener on other side?

If difference in casting is true, that should be fixed asap.

I am maybe anoying with this but I strongly recomend roll both sides. Only than You discover that abilities of enemy You whine about are as anoying as ability of Your realm.
Here you have it:
Spoiler:

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#72 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:13 am

Wdova wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:22 am
Ototo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:11 am
Wdova wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:20 am

This does not happend with engineer/magus pulls? From what I saw theyr puls seems undefendable too and also goes thru textures, objects, etc.

The imbalace is and will be always here since same archetypes has different abbilities.
Destro has magus and choppa pull ad 0 ranged KDs, order has 2 ranged KDs and engi pull. Until melee SH get reworked destro had 0 pounces. When You play on both sides, you face of difference threads and all are verry anoying :-)
They are defendable. Also now that you name them, magus pull is 1 second faster than engi pull. The animation runs both for the same amount of cast time, but Magus rift will pull in the next second after the animation ends, while engi will pull 2 seconds after the cast ends.
Do You speak from personal expirience(playing both magus and engi) or from one side point of view while grass is greener on other side?

If difference in casting is true, that should be fixed asap.

I am maybe anoying with this but I strongly recomend roll both sides. Only than You discover that abilities of enemy You whine about are as anoying as ability of Your realm.
And in regards to "fixed asap", official dev's state on this was: "Intended" (not a biggie, ya know)
So like a wise man once said - adapt. overcome. dominate :D

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#73 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:07 am

the difference in pull on magus vs engineer is yes very much intended to match the animation.

Cast time is the same on both but magus cast the pull themselves and engineers make a contraption that 1 second later do the pull. Also note that there is other differences in their kits and the spells themselves are not exact copies either as the engineer one is defended with dodge while magus is defended with disrupt.

Though this topic is about choppa pull and not magus or engineer