Let's talk about... everything else
adapter
Suspended

Re: Choppa pull

Post#21 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:01 pm
adapter wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:56 pm
Natherul wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:59 am

Its not the barriers in forts that does that, Its the code about being jailed. It blocks you from getting pulled amongst other things.
Mmmm, sounds like is not thay easy. What about putting double barrier with a separation wide enough between both to not allow players hit each others?
That is very hard to achieve in destro spawn in IC stages 1 and 2.
Yeah it may be, i hope someone comes with a good idea to not allow players get pulled.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:05 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:49 pm Having an AoE pull that is unavoidable and can be cast without needing to build up rage is OP bullshit and always will be. Choppa pull was the first nail in the coffin of balance and MSH plus xrealm locked finished the job of making sure dest is just a constant OP blob while Order has 200% aao.
The range is so small, you can avoid it and when they pull order front line? So what! You have to push closer with melee anyway, so getting pulled only helps you to get closer. :lol:
Dying is no option.

Ototo

Post#23 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:10 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:05 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:49 pm Having an AoE pull that is unavoidable and can be cast without needing to build up rage is OP bullshit and always will be. Choppa pull was the first nail in the coffin of balance and MSH plus xrealm locked finished the job of making sure dest is just a constant OP blob while Order has 200% aao.
The range is so small, you can avoid it and when they pull order front line? So what! You have to push closer with melee anyway, so getting pulled only helps you to get closer. :lol:
40ft, effectively taking people out of range of guards.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#24 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:10 pm
When melee and tanks push together, the tank is already moving closer to the enemy e.g. choppa. Or the tank is being pulled.
Tanks could as well target choppas beforehand and taunt the pull, I mean, its no surprise that a pull is coming.
Dying is no option.

Ototo

Post#25 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm
Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:10 pm

When melee and tanks push together, the tank is already moving closer to the enemy e.g. choppa. Or the tank is being pulled.
Tanks could as well target choppas beforehand and taunt the pull, I mean, its no surprise that a pull is coming.
I'm surprised that this is your opinion when I was with you in the very city scenario that we speak of. You saw how people cheesed the skill to the point of brainless pressing. Yet somehow you are fine with a skill having such power and no drawbacks?

As I said before, I would like to see GtdC use and consume the Choppa rage, that should balance things out.
Spoiler:

Bozzax

Post#26 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Nope it is inferior to ID in every possible way that is the mirror
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Boursk

Post#27 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:29 pm

Nerf Slayers.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Aurandilaz

Post#28 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Slayer players bitching about Choppa is about the best case of "grass is greener" scenario - with Rampage + ID you end up doing 5-10 times more aoe dmg than a Choppa does with GTDC in same 20s timeframe it takes to restart the ungabunga pulling and granting of free immunities (4 dmg ticks of 400-600 aoe dmg over 6s which cancels your AA and AP regen).
ID is both a valid ability in large and smallscale because of how good its dmg pressure is, and with SM WW up, its absurd strong AoE pressure provider assuming you can land it on 4-8 targets within 10s and then watch as everything melts (with tanks unable to even parry/block that undefendable Guard dmg).
The one thing that GTDC has better is the mobility you have, but then again the snare game is kinda pro-Destro stacked in the first place. Pull is nice/awesome in certain situations, but generally as DPS you just wish you had the same dmg potential that Slayer has.

(both classes could use a rework of their AOE trees - but Slayer is generally in good spot, Choppa AOE tree is not even worth mentioning apart from GTDC tears)

Ads
Ototo

Post#29 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:58 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm Slayer players bitching about Choppa is about the best case of "grass is greener" scenario - with Rampage + ID you end up doing 5-10 times more aoe dmg than a Choppa does with GTDC in same 20s timeframe it takes to restart the ungabunga pulling and granting of free immunities (4 dmg ticks of 400-600 aoe dmg over 6s which cancels your AA and AP regen).
ID is both a valid ability in large and smallscale because of how good its dmg pressure is, and with SM WW up, its absurd strong AoE pressure provider assuming you can land it on 4-8 targets within 10s and then watch as everything melts (with tanks unable to even parry/block that undefendable Guard dmg).
The one thing that GTDC has better is the mobility you have, but then again the snare game is kinda pro-Destro stacked in the first place. Pull is nice/awesome in certain situations, but generally as DPS you just wish you had the same dmg potential that Slayer has.

(both classes could use a rework of their AOE trees - but Slayer is generally in good spot, Choppa AOE tree is not even worth mentioning apart from GTDC tears)
This was never about dmg, but about what is accomplished with the pulls. They disrupt the lines to no end, and I want to reassure that I'm fine with the pull per-se, but I'm not fine with it being a free skill that you can spam carelessly. Give it at least a drawback. The skill is so OP that 2h Choppas are considered a meme....
Spoiler:

Bozzax

Post#30 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:08 pm

So what is the draw back of ID?

AA unaffected
Gets rid of challenge
Pulsing dd that proc
Last edited by Bozzax on Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7