Recent Topics

Ads

Is it worth playing?

Let's talk about... everything else
puchiii

Is it worth playing?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:04 pm

Hi guys, i used to play the official warhammer and loved it, but also remembered how much the lvl and gear matters in this game. I used to play lots of bg and when i was against a highgear premade, it was a terrible experience.
Thats why i ask you guys... is it easy to catchup? if its the same as the official, id better when for a reset if its happens at any time.

Thanks guys! i have the best memories of this game

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Is it worth playing?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:39 pm

puchiii wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:04 pm Hi guys, i used to play the official warhammer and loved it, but also remembered how much the lvl and gear matters in this game. I used to play lots of bg and when i was against a highgear premade, it was a terrible experience.
Thats why i ask you guys... is it easy to catchup? if its the same as the official, id better when for a reset if its happens at any time.

x2 event going on right now. Catching up takes a couple weeks of dedicated playing.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Rapzel

Post#3 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Gear has been squished, so the gear gaps are not as large as they where on live. Best in Slot takes time to farm up, but you can get decently geared and 40/60+ in about two weeks if you play well.

no0kiee

Post#4 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 pm

puchiii wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:04 pm Hi guys, i used to play the official warhammer and loved it, but also remembered how much the lvl and gear matters in this game. I used to play lots of bg and when i was against a highgear premade, it was a terrible experience.

Think twice before you pick your class, order side all dps classes except Bright Wizard are complete garbage cause they are doing phisical damage and not even close by utility compare to destruction mirrors. For example Mara has moral drain and White Lion has nothing but raw damage mitigated by heavy armored destruction roster so your life will be a pain catching up with others, Choppa has the most overpowered ability in the game "Choppapull" while it's mirror Slayer has nothing (yeah there are huge problems with balance in the game atm). With BW at list you will do dmg even with low gear also it does best AoE dmg in the game so your life catching up will be much easier.

For Tanks - all tanks extremely op and the most viable class in the game atm you will always have a spot in RvR or PvE which help you to catch up very fast.
For Healers - most of healers op aswell don't even need Willpower to outheal any damage just build tanky (armor meta op).

puchiii

Post#5 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:02 am

Thx for the responses. Im gonna give it a try. Are the pve dungeons still a thing?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:12 am

no0kiee wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Think twice before you pick your class, order side all dps classes except Bright Wizard are complete garbage cause they are doing phisical damage and not even close by utility compare to destruction mirrors. For example Mara has moral drain and White Lion has nothing but raw damage mitigated by heavy armored destruction roster so your life will be a pain catching up with others, Choppa has the most overpowered ability in the game "Choppapull" while it's mirror Slayer has nothing (yeah there are huge problems with balance in the game atm). With BW at list you will do dmg even with low gear also it does best AoE dmg in the game so your life catching up will be much easier.

For Tanks - all tanks extremely op and the most viable class in the game atm you will always have a spot in RvR or PvE which help you to catch up very fast.
For Healers - most of healers op aswell don't even need Willpower to outheal any damage just build tanky (armor meta op).
Also keep in mind there comes a point where you are blinded by toxicity and your points are no longer able to be taken seriously.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

hammerhead

Post#7 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:58 am

no0kiee wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 pm For Tanks - all tanks extremely op
You probably never play live? Not one WE in a healthy mind on live did not attack the tank. I took them three in hand and carried them to stoke in the Reikland river. Here the tanks are slightly infringed.
(\|)o0(|/)

no0kiee

Post#8 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:42 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:12 am
no0kiee wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Also keep in mind there comes a point where you are blinded by toxicity and your points are no longer able to be taken seriously.
Toxicity? Did i said something toxic? Or i just gave a truesight picture to a man going to play this game saving him from bad feelings, getting choppapulled (skill does insane CC airboned+it's doing dmg itself, you have very low chances to survive choppapull as a ranged dps) and moral drained by mara all the time? I have not even said a single word about state of class i play btw... Talking about toxicity aren't you the person who calls everyone "stupid kids" for whatever reason? Watch your behavior first, especially as a Head Game Master. When things like classes balance bad i call it bad, when things like city sieges did very good i say it's good i rly enjoy Cities btw, could even more enjoy if i could play it with proper spec and being viable for organised warbands.

Ads
Alterkraft

Post#9 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:02 am

I'd say it's worth it. It's a good game. Server stability is nothing as you've seen on live imho, which might sound trivial but it makes the game playable at least even with ridiculous numbers.

As for classes, there are some major imbalances which forces (especially order) to play a very one-sided game (which was also the case on live, but less so due to gear gaps) whereas destruction atm has way more flexibility in terms of their setups.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:43 am

no0kiee wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:42 am
Toxicity? Did i said something toxic? Or i just gave a truesight picture to a man going to play this game saving him from bad feelings, getting choppapulled (skill does insane CC airboned+it's doing dmg itself, you have very low chances to survive choppapull as a ranged dps) and moral drained by mara all the time? I have not even said a single word about state of class i play btw... Talking about toxicity aren't you the person who calls everyone "stupid kids" for whatever reason? Watch your behavior first, especially as a Head Game Master. When things like classes balance bad i call it bad, when things like city sieges did very good i say it's good i rly enjoy Cities btw, could even more enjoy if i could play it with proper spec and being viable for organised warbands.
Most things you said in your rant are plain wrong, so he had all right to call you out on it.
Btw, as SW there is virtually no reason to be even in range of choppa pull to feel any effect of it. If you are BW to spam aoe in close range, you are guarded.
Only healer or tank (and some utility classes) stack armor and those are the last to attack. Add stacking armor debuffs and WS and your armor meta is a non-issue.
Dying is no option.