Recent Topics

Ads

Throwing Forts

Let's talk about... everything else
zachary

Re: Throwing Forts

Post#41 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:04 pm

My 2 cents on cities is:

* ONLY winning as attackers should get bags. All other cases (Losing on either side as well as winning as defenders) should get medals/crests only. Rationale: This rewards attackers a bit more than defenders, thus discouraging throwing zones. It also slows down the gear grind since bagged medal/crest rewards are in the 1-5ish range while the cheapest gear pieces are at least 15-20 medals/crests.

* City lockout should be 8 hrs - that's about a 'shift' or a 'workday' in most societies, and makes it more difficult for other timezones to 'steal' your city opportunity by locking it.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

Ads
Dackle

Post#42 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Wam wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:56 am Order run BW's because they do not have any viable alternatives...
How are you addressing your groups in the city instances? Have you found you need more of mix?

Dackle

Post#43 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:42 pm

The only real fix is to wipe. Big part of the problem is the thirst. People have the RR, they don't need invader, it will happen every time. Need to put that stuff (All gear) away far behind the curtain, now it's released.

My suggestion would be just like the end of live. Open up all content to all players for free. Full RR Full Gear sets Full everything. Leave it for 2 weeks. Then wipe the whole server. Clean slate, with tiers.

In before all the salty, "ill quit" tears.

Collateral

Post#44 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:53 pm

If the server ever goes into beta, a wipe would be necessary. Beta in 2 weeks.

hammerhead

Post#45 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Hardcore game in Warhammer ?! How did you get that the game created for pure pleasure, contains hardcore. What are your risks? two hours of free time?

Moreover, that content created by Mythics is used at a maximum of 50%. You can introduce such game mechanics that you would be happy to run in Osland and forget about the Invader and the warlord and everything in the world would be a desire.
The game is routine in essence.

Moreover, you also exploit the stillbirth path that it is possible to create conditions for endlessly finding out whose hands are straighter. Tzinch will help you. Hundreds of books were written on the subject of confrontation in one thought - it always ends with a social contract. Not even voiced.
(\|)o0(|/)

adapter
Suspended

Post#46 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:21 pm

I already made a post proposing all the solutions this server needs right now.

Make Royal Crest drop from defending Caledor/Black Crag/Chaos Wastes for Destruction and for Order make them drop from Kadrin Valley/Reikland/Eataine, by succesfully defending that zone and winning it players that are RR70+ should be awarded with 1 or 2 Royal Crests.

Also making Warlord it's own currency from Scenario i would say.

There's a lot of good way to fix this issue.

Royal Crests drop from Kills?? no way, this will only encourage xRealm self farming.

Check out my post called "Feedback: City Sieges, suggestions", there are really good proposals there that would fix this issue. (prices of Sov/War gear could be get more expensive)
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Sulorie

Post#47 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:07 pm

Why don't add a cooldown on bag rolls to prevent ppl from farming the set too fast during daily low population hour city raids?
I mean, on live there was one as well. :)
Dying is no option.

Sufferkate

Post#48 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:31 pm

make city randomly pick people from fort battle, so it's only 24 vs 24. Then only allow 1 gold bag to high level randomly , because they can wear it. And so on.. 1 purple that can use now. 1 blue that can use NOW. (At this rate Destro "wins" as far as going to city. But every time is REAlly only gearing order. EVERy city order win twice the amount of stages. This is due to allowing people that cant even wear the stuff in.) Keep the rvr open, without the RANdom 24 that go to instance/city. But keep all loot random! pick six 80+, six 70-79, six 60-69, six 50-59. Done, Fixed.
(SADIST wb lead) TPE,RedRedKroovy,RealHorrorShow, DomiHate,Droogy,DaMachineBigBoomiesTpeDollMolokoPlus, UltraViolence,DaGreenReaper,TheOLDinOUTSufferKate,Xoz,
Banned since:3/26/22

Ads
thefryinallofus

Post#49 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:33 pm

Martok wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:49 pm
Natherul wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:43 pmWe are constantly discussing way to improve on the system and Id like to remind you that its still week 1

Exactly. I made this very point elsewhere and ATM am just trying to enjoy the content. What enjoying the content looks like can be seen here:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Thanks for the great video. I was in this fight on Destro side. Order ended up having between 3-4 extra players in this SC. There was order in there that didn't appear on the scenario scoreboard. Wargrim said the back-fill problem should be fixed Saturday. The 4 player difference was huge. You state repeatedly that the numbers were even, but they weren't. We saw classes in there that weren't on the scoreboard. It's not a big deal, we are basically playing an open alpha or open beta, however you want to think about it. I'm sure they will fix the back-filling problem. The first city attack we had we had 1 extra.
Bloodroote (78 DOK) | Blackroot (81 BG) | Shadowroot (73 SORC)

Sufferkate

Post#50 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm

At the current rate several people both side... (but , mainly order). Will be fully gear in top gear and will no longer care as much to come help. NEED to make gear grind, last forever... otherwise this is a dead game.. very soon. The devs don't have another carrot once all top guilds are geared. Drag this out forever … til they have something besides SOV.
(SADIST wb lead) TPE,RedRedKroovy,RealHorrorShow, DomiHate,Droogy,DaMachineBigBoomiesTpeDollMolokoPlus, UltraViolence,DaGreenReaper,TheOLDinOUTSufferKate,Xoz,
Banned since:3/26/22