Recent Topics

Ads

12 hours CD City siege it's to long !

Let's talk about... everything else
Alfa1986

Re: 12 hours CD City siege it's to long !

Post#11 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:14 pm

I guess that city sieges will bring even more controversy and irritation to community than forts unfortunately.

I think now the main trend will be that ppl will try to make farming a sov set from city sieges. to put city sieges on the conveyor as forts 1 year ago, and this is sad.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:14 pm

Having city siege at a time of day, when most ppl are at work, aka low server pop, is a bad idea, when you add a lockout on top if it.

If anything, change it to a personal lockout like it is done for pve dungeon loot rolls.

It doesn't change the fact that eu prime time players get the short stick again but hey, at least they have fights.
Dying is no option.

Bosli

Post#13 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:21 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:14 pm If anything, change it to a personal lockout like it is done for pve dungeon loot rolls.
Oh, looks like I misunderstood it then. Yeah, having the whole city siege be on lockout is pretty bad, I thought it's an account wide lockout.

Aurandilaz

Post#14 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:22 pm

I think 6-8 lock on previously attacked city is fine.
So if Altdorf is raided at 6am, next possible time to raid it would be 14 in the afternoon. But, IC would be open for capture (if people really want the farm nonstop, go help the previous underdog instead of forming a 24/7 zergblob that only goes one direction). Or 6h. 12h feels bit too punishing, since it can effectively rule out majority of EU primetime players and even possibly NA players if it happens just at the start of Russian primetime.
But it should be visible in the game.

chakzo

Post#15 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:29 pm

End game gear RvR currency should drop in RvR from player kills. Forts and Cities are design for WB play. So like 20% of classes dont have a spot in them.

Ototo

Post#16 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:34 pm

Bosli wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:13 pm I don't really know what the problem with that cooldown is.

I was only in one siege so far, but that ended up with 9 instances AFAIK. In each instance, there are a total of SIX gold bags to get, meaning that one city siege gave out FIFTY-FOUR set pieces, now compare that to forts and farming invader. Even with the piece being random offensive/defensive, IMO this system is extremely generous - I was expecting to not get set pieces at all with the bags, just more tokens.
Well, comparing prices of both pieces, Invader are cheap, and Sovereign probably somehow cheap. Let's remember that you can get Invader meds in cities too, problem being that your character currently has too high rr for that maybe.

I support the idea of breaking down Royal Crests to Invader meds for characters with rr80+. There are A LOT of people with that rr that, due to actually playing Forts but doing so vastly outnumbered, have barely ever qualified for rewards, way less for bags.

In all honesty, the situation of these persons should be looked upon. This represents the majority of the NA order player base, and I can't but feel bad for them. You people telling that these guys are going to get Sov super easy, well, they may, but will never be able to wear it cause they will never be able to earn Invader Medals, being currently locked in Royal Crests and without a chance to earn rewards in Forts that have over 100% AAO.

The realization of this point just dropped even more the numbers in NA order. Today not even 50 players vs over 100 destro players in NA.
Spoiler:

Harkanor

Post#17 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:35 pm

Maybe better put cities on hold for now and let Devs discuss the changes they think necessary. Just let things cool down a bit.

oaliaen

Post#18 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:05 pm

Harkanor wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:35 pm Maybe better put cities on hold for now and let Devs discuss the changes they think necessary. Just let things cool down a bit.

Yea...And erase all gear obtained.

Ads
Detangler

Post#19 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:16 pm

Ototo wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:34 pm
Bosli wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:13 pm I don't really know what the problem with that cooldown is.

I was only in one siege so far, but that ended up with 9 instances AFAIK. In each instance, there are a total of SIX gold bags to get, meaning that one city siege gave out FIFTY-FOUR set pieces, now compare that to forts and farming invader. Even with the piece being random offensive/defensive, IMO this system is extremely generous - I was expecting to not get set pieces at all with the bags, just more tokens.

I support the idea of breaking down Royal Crests to Invader meds for characters with rr80+. There are A LOT of people with that rr that, due to actually playing Forts but doing so vastly outnumbered, have barely ever qualified for rewards, way less for bags.

In all honesty, the situation of these persons should be looked upon. This represents the majority of the NA order player base, and I can't but feel bad for them. You people telling that these guys are going to get Sov super easy, well, they may, but will never be able to wear it cause they will never be able to earn Invader Medals, being currently locked in Royal Crests and without a chance to earn rewards in Forts that have over 100% AAO.

The realization of this point just dropped even more the numbers in NA order. Today not even 50 players vs over 100 destro players in NA.
How are order players not able to get rewards and gear at forts? You still get invader tokens on a loss, which is how I got the majority of my tokens on my chosen....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Oculta

Post#20 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:34 pm

How are order players not able to get rewards and gear at forts? You still get invader tokens on a loss, which is how I got the majority of my tokens on my chosen....
[/quote]

Because you need a minimum of contribution for this. This means u need to 1 BO for minimum to get anything. Without this it means nothing for lose .... so no one will deff this fail designed forts anymore in unpopulation times on order.

Healefix - Runepriest 40/65+
    Index - Knight 40/40
    Obyvankenobi - SW 40/66+
    Snipeshot - Engi 40/67+

"small scale lover"

Freezee - Zealot 40/71+
    Oculta - DoK 40/51+
    Greensyndrom - SH 40/81+
    Graagash - BO 40/51+