Recent Topics

Ads

how does RoR play now ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Kaozium

how does RoR play now ?

Post#1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:12 am

I used to play a couple years ago, but I kept finding pvp to be a slogfest with op healers, unkillable tanks, unending melees... now that ranks are up, is it any different?

Ads
Toonman

Re: how does RoR play now ?

Post#2 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:54 am

They actually changed the name of the server to Return Of MSH.

Detangler

Post#3 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:34 am

Toonman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:54 am They actually changed the name of the server to Return Of MSH.
Yes, sarcasm and complaining - that'll help grow the server and bring new/returning players!

The game plays fine right now. EU order population is a bit out of whack, destro NA is the opposite. That just means any slightly organized players that know to use AAO will gain massive rewards.

Capital sieges just came out. Bugs to be had and bugs to be squashed just like when any new content rolls out. Ignore the whiners and come join the fray!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:42 am

If you need to scratch the pvp itch, this is the place to be. Some classes are op as hell but who cares, just join for the fun!

Kaozium

Post#5 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:57 am

thanks for your answers.
I just remember healers tanking 1v3 or tanks that hit for 3dmg but never die, often making fights a drag.
I was wondering if new builds/abilities allowed for more disruption and more dynamic fights in which position mistakes are truly punished and not easily healed/tanked away.
Detangler wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:34 am EU order population is a bit out of whack, destro NA is the opposite.
So... both NA and EU lack order ?
Last edited by Kaozium on Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kaozium

Post#6 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:58 am

Toonman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:54 am They actually changed the name of the server to Return Of MSH.
Also you must realize I didn't get that reference :p

Omegus

Post#7 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:53 am

Kaozium wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:57 amSo... both NA and EU lack order ?
EU seems fairly balanced. Issue seems to be half of EU destro stays up all night to join the NA destro crew while order goes to bed :P
Kaozium wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:58 am
Also you must realize I didn't get that reference :p
Melee Squig Herders. They're actually good now.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Crenshaw

Post#8 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:45 am

Did you happen to play shaman during T3 days? Name sounds familiar:D

Ads
Nidwin

Post#9 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:13 am

Kaozium wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:12 am I used to play a couple years ago, but I kept finding pvp to be a slogfest with op healers, unkillable tanks, unending melees... now that ranks are up, is it any different?
No and you shouldn't expect this to change as warhammer online is based on the holy trinity. If you couldn't stomach it a couple of Years ago you are going to be disappointed again I'm afraid.
But give it a shot and see if you are able to get into the spirit this time.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

havartii

Post#10 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:24 pm

I would argue with Nid in saying the damage and ttk is in a pretty good place. There are no un killable tanks like live. If you can focus a target they go down pretty fast in most cases.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change