Recent Topics

Ads

Let's talk about... everything else
adapter
Suspended

Re: Feedback: City Siege, a failure?

Post#61 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:01 pm

havartii wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:29 pm
I think you have the wrong definition of xrealming. Xrealming is to log to the enemy side to do something malicious to Help your realm. It is not going to play the other fraction to help out the population and encourage healthy fights.
The definition of xRealming is; having characters in both realms to switch over at anytime for your own convenience. Not having loyalty for any realm, by xRealming you become a traitor to everyone.

Your definition is not wrong, what you are saying is some of the characteristics xRealmers have as their xRealmer Profile.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Ototo

Post#62 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:19 pm

adapter wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:01 pm
I think you have the wrong definition of xrealming. Xrealming is to log to the enemy side to do something malicious to Help your realm. It is not going to play the other fraction to help out the population and encourage healthy fights.
The definition of xRealming is; having characters in both realms to switch over at anytime for your own convenience. Not having loyalty for any realm, by xRealming you become a traitor to everyone.

Your definition is not wrong, what you are saying is some of the characteristics xRealmers have as their xRealmer Profile.
You are being very weird there... I mean, loyalty to a bunch of non-existent nations? Traitor to a bunch of pixels? You know that this is a game and not a real world or something like that. Just asking. Realm pride is... well, weird.
Spoiler:

adapter
Suspended

Post#63 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Wam wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 am play both sides... swap to underdog, don't zerg

it was 220 D vs 100 O at 3 am EU time... almost record numbers for destro at alarm o clock

Keeps got zerged, forts got zerged...

so should zerging be rewarded more than it already is? Maybe people should swap and play the underdog more and this would be less of a problem?

Its harsh for people to fight constantly outnumbered... and yes its harsh for you also when numbers was more even to draw the short straw and miss out on this occasion ... but you need to see it from both sides of the coin and see the one solution is playing the underdog side instead of people overstacking one realm... and it will swing back and forth as population does.

But maybe it deters a little bit of the alarm clock raiding which is soon to be a ever present like it was on live

sorry for your bad luck and better luck next time.

You wasn't playing yesterday i see. At EU Prime time Order had more players, they pushed to Caledor, they wanted to push fort and eventually get to The Inevitable City and guess what? We as Destruction defended Caledor, stopped 2 or 3 siege attempts from Order, we broke their morale. After hours fighting over Caledor Desutrction won the war and started pushing Zones towards Altdorf.

Don't come with lies trying to shove your xRealmer ideology to everyone. Keep your traitor mindset to yourself and don't spread it to the server.
Last edited by adapter on Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

adapter
Suspended

Post#64 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:19 pm

You are being very weird there... I mean, loyalty to a bunch of non-existent nations? Traitor to a bunch of pixels? You know that this is a game and not a real world or something like that. Just asking. Realm pride is... well, weird.
I'm sorry for you, for not having the capacity to recognize what loyalty is, what alliances are for, what realm pride is. I'm really sorry you can't feel what i feel.

This game is clear as water, you choose one of two sides and you play it to fight for that side to win. It's Team Identity.

If you can't submerge this values and feelings into the game, it's your fault. Personally i can, and i love playing for Destruction. I have a way better experience not beeing a traitor.

Ridduk

Post#65 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:04 pm

xrealm pride

Ototo

Post#66 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:12 pm

adapter wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:32 pm
Spoiler:
Wam wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 am play both sides... swap to underdog, don't zerg

it was 220 D vs 100 O at 3 am EU time... almost record numbers for destro at alarm o clock

Keeps got zerged, forts got zerged...

so should zerging be rewarded more than it already is? Maybe people should swap and play the underdog more and this would be less of a problem?

Its harsh for people to fight constantly outnumbered... and yes its harsh for you also when numbers was more even to draw the short straw and miss out on this occasion ... but you need to see it from both sides of the coin and see the one solution is playing the underdog side instead of people overstacking one realm... and it will swing back and forth as population does.

But maybe it deters a little bit of the alarm clock raiding which is soon to be a ever present like it was on live

sorry for your bad luck and better luck next time.

You wasn't playing yesterday i see. At EU Prime time Order had more players, they pushed to Caledor, they wanted to push fort and eventually get to The Inevitable City and guess what? We as Destruction defended Caledor, stopped 2 or 3 siege attempts from Order, we broke their morale. After hours fighting over Caledor Desutrction won the war and started pushing Zones towards Altdorf.

Don't come with lies and shove your xRealmer ideology to everyone. Keep your traitor mind to yourself and don't spread it to the server.

Not how it went. Destro had more people online, 55% population, but they weren't in the lakes. Then they tried to get contribution for a Fort but failed and accidentally pushed too far. Like exactly like that. 2 hours to spawn a ram with over 40% AAO in destro side and with a 3 stars keep for well over an hour. They wanted to lose, but there weren't enough order players for them to lose with a guaranteed Fort contribution. Eventually NA time arrived and EU players went to bed. Cale was locked only after BFP and TM, that were the non-AAO zones, locked. And I know this cause I played my WP, then decided that wanted to play my BG.

I really think that you are kinda crazy if you think that people here have any other "ideology" than having fun. If you have any other kind of intention, there's reddit for ya. This is a game. We come to play. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not gonna ever loyalty for a game realm. If I have fun then I play, and if I don't I take the door silently and look for a game that I have fun with. As you and everyone else should do. Not planning to overthrown Karl, or bend my knee to a 3d NPC. I mean, some role-play is funny, but your statement is not a role-playing scheme.

adapter wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:38 pm
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:19 pm

I'm sorry for you, for not having the capacity to recognize what loyalty is, what alliances are for, what realm pride is. I'm really sorry you can't feel what i feel.

This game is clear as water, you choose one of two sides and you play it to fight for that side to win. It's Team Identity.

If you can't submerge this values and feelings into the game, it's your fault. Personally i can, and i love playing for Destruction. I have a way better experience not beeing a traitor.

Don't feel sorry for me, thanks. Not required nor appreciated.

I'm indeed not sorry but worry about what enough encouragement of your "feelings" can produce to game balance. You obviously have a huge bias for one side, and that is terrible and what kills games. If bias engulf the requests, they may be granted, eventually making a realm unplayable. Here in the forum is the common, and I'm the weirdo cause I have no affiliation nor affection for any class or race. I will be fine with whatever the future brings, as long as it's balanced. Your position is irreconcilable with this statement. You want your realm to win and to have advantage. No f*cks given to what happens to the other side. Many people here is extremely biased to the realm they play only or the most. That's sad and extremely toxic.

That you try to make in your mind so any player that play both side (12 classes per realm, 20 slots, and the admission that was impossible to add more slots up to 24 but was tried, so go figures about "pick a side") is like some kind of Judas is your twisted interpretation of reality, same as you see any order player as an enemy. Your "ideology" is incredibly toxic for fair play, and honestly you should really consider that the only "realm" that you are part of here is the entire RoR community. I can't be cleared about my points here.

EDIT:
Ridduk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:04 pmxrealm pride
Quality comment 10/10 :D :D :D

EDIT 2:
I actually found what I was searching for!! Futurama for all!!
Spoiler:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/1-bCIA_vyVc[/youtube]
Last edited by Ototo on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:

CountTalabecland

Post#67 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:23 pm

Time for you to log Order and stop zerging on easy mode.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Collateral

Post#68 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:47 pm

Why do threads like these always turn to unimportant trash?

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#69 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:04 pm

Ehh, it turned into self interpretation trashtalk from xrealmers and zerg haters.

xRealming is not a solution, you can keep cuddling each others xrealm lovers.

A waste of a Post this became, thanks for commenting.

Please Lock this post or delete it.

havartii

Post#70 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:33 pm

The post is about city sieges and how unfair some people felt about not being able to participate. Valid points were made about the over population of one side, and if people wanted to play that way some would be left out at city, as the Devs will not make empty instances for you to farm. And yes it has gone a bit off track because people feel strongly about their point of view and how they think the game should play. Is a healthy topic and I am glad people are at least talking about some ways we can improve this game.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change