Recent Topics

Ads

ASW & WH

Let's talk about... everything else
popperz

Re: ASW & WH

Post#21 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:33 am

Do not derail. It's a post about fetishes and comforting each other as a WH/SW!

Two days ago a defensive 3rd arm mara and a 2h regen chosen touched me everywhere one by one! I ran away crying. DPS shaman was looking, laughing, doing nothing. He knew he can take care of me anytime. I couldn't do anything.
Then I joined ranked and a guarded dps dok in medium armor and self heal with 100% uptime HD dominated me forcefully. It was painful but you know the pleasure from WH is somewhat more transcending and complex. It was a good experience, then I took a cigarette.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Ads
chakzo

Post#22 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:01 am

All melee dps were equal, some of them were more equal !!!

Then there were dps healers...are we talking about T1 ?

Guess not.

SkPrime

Post#23 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:05 am

Shadow Warrior is fun to play! Do a man need other reasons in a game to do stuffs?

I know I have no use in warband and I have alts but in the end I play the toon that, to me, is the most fun.
Whatever

BeautfulToad

Post#24 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:08 am

Ototo wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 am Do you really want to start counting the amount of tools in destro mDPSs? Cause they are A LOT. Order only has Rampage. End of the line. There is nothing else unique or even remotely usable versus destro tank-zerg. Nerfing the only viable mele class, and specially in the only viable skill, of a realm is a terrible idea. The realm unbalance is huge, and with that it would simply be worse.
That is pretty hysterical if I am honest. The destroy melee trains succeed from sheer numbers and force, particularly in SCs. Destro have more classes for melee trains, that is all.

But if you made SW more of a mirror of SH, it would not solve more melee trains on destro. The main reason (the way mara works bulks up a destro charge a bit), perhaps above all, is that order don't value two handed tanks. Not even a little. People constantly post about how "IB should not be in a wb" or "SM is not optimal". This is a combination of myths ("IB is not useful in wb play", "2h kotbs is weak", etc). Destro on the other hand love their 2handed tanks. There's probably as many Chosen, BO and BG as they are SnB at any time in IC. Order should learn to love 2handed tanks.

WH need some more utility. Maybe SW needs less utility and more focus, I am not sure. SW is an okay class, when I play with or against mSW, they seem reasonable. They seem to perform similar role to WL, and only issue is you can get too many quickly, which some other classes don't suffer from.

CountTalabecland

Post#25 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:49 am

[quote=wpc56 post_id=389185 time=1580763824 user_id=134038]
Duo Slayer is fairly hard to defeat because as a tank you can't challenge them (ie. tons of aoes to get rid of it) and with rampage the aoe dmg go through both tank and guarded target so it's hard to heal through 2x healing debuff and all that aoe dmg so they have the option to switch dps on tank to burst him down.
[/quote]

I can assure you that Slayers do not have “hey lets waste AP and try to burst down a tank” as their go to back up plan in 6v6. No decent tank should be threatened by a pure physical dps MDPS with a crit chance of 5-10%, let alone be the first one to die in Caledor Woods.

Flavorburst

Post#26 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:52 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:49 am
wpc56 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:03 pm Duo Slayer is fairly hard to defeat because as a tank you can't challenge them (ie. tons of aoes to get rid of it) and with rampage the aoe dmg go through both tank and guarded target so it's hard to heal through 2x healing debuff and all that aoe dmg so they have the option to switch dps on tank to burst him down.
I can assure you that Slayers do not have “hey lets waste AP and try to burst down a tank” as their go to back up plan in 6v6. No decent tank should be threatened by a pure physical dps MDPS with a crit chance of 5-10%, let alone be the first one to die in Caledor Woods.
Are you a troll or have you just never played the game?

Sulorie

Post#27 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 am

5-10% crit you already have with buffs within group, while being naked without renown spec. The armor penetration sl/ch can get with Invader + available stacking armor debuffs to kill tanks quite fast. Obviously only the bad tanks dies first but it's not like they hit tanks like a wet noodle.
Dying is no option.

CountTalabecland

Post#28 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:13 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:52 am
wpc56 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:03 pm Duo Slayer is fairly hard to defeat because as a tank you can't challenge them (ie. tons of aoes to get rid of it) and with rampage the aoe dmg go through both tank and guarded target so it's hard to heal through 2x healing debuff and all that aoe dmg so they have the option to switch dps on tank to burst him down.
Are you a troll or have you just never played the game?
No I’m just the only one is this post that has apparently actually played Slayer in ranked scens.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#29 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 am
5-10% crit you already have with buffs within group, while being naked without renown spec. The armor penetration sl/ch can get with Invader + available stacking armor debuffs to kill tanks quite fast. Obviously only the bad tanks dies first but it's not like they hit tanks like a wet noodle.
If you have decent weapons and Invader you have 11% bonus from gear. Additional 10% would come from IB most likely. Most tanks have -20% ctbc from gear and FS at least and varies even more depending on the tank. You will not have better than a 5-10% crit chance at best after -ctbc is accounted for even if you are not debuffed. Additionally, Slayer’s do not spec for +crit with renown points in dual wield

So, not only is the Slayer’s chance to crit at this point not reliable, if two Slayer’s are going to focus a tank, to address the above points, they are going to have to use all their AP within the 20 seconds that rampage up and burst the tank down while the tanks is healed by two unpressured healers and the Slayer’s hope they find a incoming healdebuff from somewhere too I guess. As I said above, this is not a strategy and it is the same thing as pugs slapping tanks for a whole scen.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Manatikik

Post#30 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:25 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:05 am
If you have decent weapons and Invader you have 11% bonus from gear. Additional 10% would come from IB most likely. Most tanks have -20% ctbc from gear and FS at least. So, not only is the Slayer’s chance to crit at this point not reliable, if two Slayer’s are going to focus a tank, to address the above points, they are going to have to use all their AP within the 20 seconds that rampage up and burst the tank down while the tanks is healed by two unpressured healers and the Slayer’s hope they find a incoming healdebuff from somewhere too I guess. As I said above, this is not a strategy and it is the same thing as pugs slapping tanks for a whole scen.

I guess they’re just gonna have to use their own incoming HD? And two unpressured healers? What you don’t have a RP to stagger and silence them? You don’t think two slayers can pressure a tank via guard damage then swap to finish them off with the other tank punted?

And no tank in a 6v6 is running a negative 20% chance to be crit...

You are very obviously clueless so please stop trying to ‘contribute’.
<Montague><Capulet>