Recent Topics

Ads

ASW & WH

Let's talk about... everything else
Xergon

Re: ASW & WH

Post#11 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm

specc deftard riposte WH with m4 from mid path, gg, ez, 100% kill secure every m4 :lol:
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
anarchypark

Post#12 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:02 pm

Tanski wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:44 pm but being challenged because your class is bad is another subject .
but that's exactly what hard mode means.
handicap play.

orvr frontline for those 3 classes is definition of challenge.
ofc as solo with pug help.
WE/WH have immune skills, escapes.
WL mobility, pet.
asw armor buffs, escape, range attack.
well, all defensive spec though.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ototo

Post#13 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:07 pm

Xergon wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm specc deftard riposte WH with m4 from mid path, gg, ez, 100% kill secure every m4 :lol:
I would rather rely in a 5-10secs 50% heal debuff that has 100% uptime, either Punish the False or Bullets of Confession, that in trying to hit M4 in a Witch Hun... wait... oh, that's sarcasm :D
Spoiler:

Xergon

Post#14 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:59 pm

Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:07 pm
Xergon wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:46 pm specc deftard riposte WH with m4 from mid path, gg, ez, 100% kill secure every m4 :lol:
I would rather rely in a 5-10secs 50% heal debuff that has 100% uptime, either Punish the False or Bullets of Confession, that in trying to hit M4 in a Witch Hun... wait... oh, that's sarcasm :D
I mean not really, its all in same Mastery so ofc u can still try kill stuff with normal healdebuff but if u cant, just m4 and 100% kill secured
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

CountTalabecland

Post#15 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:25 pm

Spoiler:
Flavorburst wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:09 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:24 pm
Arthem wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:11 pm ASW and WH don't always struggle, but they have more fail conditions than Slayer for example. WL is a good class for small and medium scale due to high mobility and burst with aoe detaunt. ASW and WH is better in small scale. While Slayer outperforms everything in all scales.
What do you mean by Slayer outperforms WL in smallscale? Do you mean the 6v6 scen or generally in roaming? I am legitimately curious as I feel Slayers 1 AoE build really doesn't have everything under the sun as far as MDPS tools go, you would still want a WL as the other dps in the grp for burst and mobility rather than double Slayer. Surely you don't mean 2h Slayer as I've never heard anyone praise that build since Spellbreaker was nerfed.
What do you mean? 2 slayer, 1 IB, 1 Knight is one of the strongest comps order has in 6v6, lol. It puts out wild amounts of pressure and can morale dump.

In solo/smallscale you can spec RoA for some sustain and barracudax people down.
Riposte back pedaling is a lame 1v1 thing, I don't see why a 6 man should want you with a build that only brings ID and Rampage bc you need to be rr70 to bring ID and self heal in the same build. Riposte is not enough damage if there are two competent healers in the grp to do anything and RoA is pointless if you yourself have healers.

Maybe double Invader Slayer can be maximum pressure for Order but I doubt it. Dual Wield Slayer has sustain but no real burst from abilities. But its not pressure in the same sense as a good ST WH or WL. From my experience in Caledor Woods I would say you want a burst dps class with your Slayer so you can actually secure kills consistently other than a morale dump.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#16 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:20 pm

It's a fetish thing. It's an ego thing mostly. I mean let's face it, taking a class like WH and be reasonably successful solo, (still die a lot), is a pat on the back feeling.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

wpc56
Suspended

Post#17 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:03 pm

Duo Slayer is fairly hard to defeat because as a tank you can't challenge them (ie. tons of aoes to get rid of it) and with rampage the aoe dmg go through both tank and guarded target so it's hard to heal through 2x healing debuff and all that aoe dmg so they have the option to switch dps on tank to burst him down.

Illuminati

Post#18 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:54 am

wpc56 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:03 pm Duo Slayer is fairly hard to defeat because as a tank you can't challenge them (ie. tons of aoes to get rid of it) and with rampage the aoe dmg go through both tank and guarded target so it's hard to heal through 2x healing debuff and all that aoe dmg so they have the option to switch dps on tank to burst him down.
Exactly. I am not sure why more people to cite this for a Rampage nerf once and for all. Undefendable damage can’t be parried/blocked by Guard so it’s huge pressure.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#19 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:17 am

I find it depressing that you're forced to be a stumpy mohawk wearing manlet if you want to be a good melee DPS on Order. One of the main reasons why I switched from mdps to tank.
Spoiler:
Then I found out that you're forced to be a stumpy round shield using manlet in order to be a good non-aura bot tank.
Spoiler:
I just don't like dwarfs.

Ototo

Post#20 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 am

Illuminati wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:54 am
wpc56 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:03 pm Duo Slayer is fairly hard to defeat because as a tank you can't challenge them (ie. tons of aoes to get rid of it) and with rampage the aoe dmg go through both tank and guarded target so it's hard to heal through 2x healing debuff and all that aoe dmg so they have the option to switch dps on tank to burst him down.
Exactly. I am not sure why more people to cite this for a Rampage nerf once and for all. Undefendable damage can’t be parried/blocked by Guard so it’s huge pressure.
Do you really want to start counting the amount of tools in destro mDPSs? Cause they are A LOT. Order only has Rampage. End of the line. There is nothing else unique or even remotely usable versus destro tank-zerg. Nerfing the only viable mele class, and specially in the only viable skill, of a realm is a terrible idea. The realm unbalance is huge, and with that it would simply be worse.
Spoiler: