Recent Topics

Ads

Does Squig Get Lock Pick?

Let's talk about... everything else
Wdova

Re: Does Squig Get Lock Pick?

Post#11 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:09 pm

Natherul wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:32 am
havartii wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:28 am I don't care who you pounce on, or from what axis yo. You should not be able to pounce in keeps while door is up yo. That goes for any class on either side yo.
door up or not does not matter, pounces up on walls is never accepted and I fix any such cases that I get reports of.
Do You have same opinion with magneting people down of the walls? I hope this was fixed.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
desizt

Post#12 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:26 pm

If someone camps on the edge of the wall and you find a tree to climb up and then jump on him then how is that a bug or broken?

Really puzzled about this.

You really want to make sure that all the keep campers are being rewarded with no risk and no harm? So that they don't even need to care about positioning?

Just doesn't make sense, if anything there needs to be more ways to screw up the turtling defensive rp farm, not encourage it.

There's plenty of people who are not "defending" they are literally just farming rp and if they overextend to the ledge, they should be jumped on.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#13 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:42 pm

Wdova wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:09 pm
Natherul wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:32 am
havartii wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:28 am I don't care who you pounce on, or from what axis yo. You should not be able to pounce in keeps while door is up yo. That goes for any class on either side yo.
door up or not does not matter, pounces up on walls is never accepted and I fix any such cases that I get reports of.
Do You have same opinion with magneting people down of the walls? I hope this was fixed.
LOS should be needed unless something broke. Pulling down is fine if in LOS.

As for pounce on keep walls no its not about punishing bad positioning of people on the wall, thats what RDPS should do. Melee dps have postern bypass and should not have an additional tool to get up a wall.

desizt

Post#14 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Technically yes, you are correct.

But

It's WAAAAAGH!

You should be never safe! You should have White Lions and Squigs leaping on you if you get too reckless with your positioning and greed out at the edge of the wall to get that last snipe in!

It adds to the gameplay believe it or not. It's not like it's some blatant abuse where you try to glitch walls or cliffs to bug yourself in. You literally bounce/leap from an even or above ground. That's more realistic than not being able to.

Or do you prefer:

"Oh noes, a solo squig jumped into our stack of 10 engis, quick, bug report him! What an abuser! We are supposed to be safe here omg! Nooo, my farm is interrupted!"

ALSO if the rdps camping on the wall really complains about that too much, then wtf about my mDPS who is getting shot THROUGH WALLS AND ROCKS AND TREES by snipes, beams, fireballs and god knows what! Good luck trying to LOS someone nuking you from the wall by going behind a tree or a rock. If wall camping is rewarded by being absolutely safe and being able to nuke people through LOS then something is off.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

dshdf

Post#15 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:03 pm

Natherul wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:42 pm As for pounce on keep walls no its not about punishing bad positioning of people on the wall, thats what RDPS should do. Melee dps have postern bypass and should not have an additional tool to get up a wall.
well, technically 2 out of 3 pounce classes (msh and ash) have no postern bypass and pounce from the right spot is their only option to get in. I understand why people should not be able to pounce on the wall, but is there any chance for msh and asw to actlly get picklock (probably tied to their 15pt melee ability to avoid ppl in ranged specs abusing it) one day?

desizt

Post#16 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:09 pm

dshdf wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:03 pm
Natherul wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:42 pm As for pounce on keep walls no its not about punishing bad positioning of people on the wall, thats what RDPS should do. Melee dps have postern bypass and should not have an additional tool to get up a wall.
well, technically 2 out of 3 pounce classes (msh and ash) have no postern bypass and pounce from the right spot is their only option to get in. I understand why people should not be able to pounce on the wall, but is there any chance for msh and asw to actlly get picklock (probably tied to their 15pt melee ability to avoid ppl in ranged specs abusing it) one day?
Then WL also needs to get a postern bypass, because they also won't be allowed to jump to the walls anymore.

PS. If they do, make it so they can't take their filthy pet with them, it's probably gonna pee all over my keep.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

Gangan

Post#17 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:11 pm

well, technically 2 out of 3 pounce classes (msh and ash) have no postern bypass and pounce from the right spot is their only option to get in. (...)
but they have some range-capacities (at least theoretically^^)
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#18 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:26 pm

desizt wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:09 pm
Then WL also needs to get a postern bypass, because they also won't be allowed to jump to the walls anymore.

PS. If they do, make it so they can't take their filthy pet with them, it's probably gonna pee all over my keep.
They have bypass defenses by default since they are a melee dps

Ads
Ototo

Post#19 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Well, the lovely guy that was pouncing in stonetroll yesterday (LOOK, no name-shame!! It's possible, so you can do it too, Onetank!) was doing it to avoid any defenders choice to setup oil by CCing the person in oil without taking any risk, like mDPSs have to face for entering the postern and moving all around NPC defenders that can detect it. I wonder if I remember of which guild was the exploiter... a guild that claimed Mandred...

I also find amusing that you act like if it's completely normal to clearly bend the rules, and if Natherul was acting weird for saying you that rules must not be bent. He is doing his part to the community as lead dev, while you are failing your duty as fair and square players, and even guild leaders. What do you think is the precedent you set if you display constantly a blatant disregard for edging the rules? If you continue to surf the borderline, expect to accidentally cross it and get banned. Instead of crying later, act accordingly to web-etiquette now.
Spoiler:

thefryinallofus

Post#20 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:09 pm

One idea could be to give Squig and assault SW bypass defenses at the top of their melee mastery tree.
Bloodroote (78 DOK) | Blackroot (81 BG) | Shadowroot (73 SORC)