Recent Topics

Ads

ranked leaderboard top 25, only 5 destro

Let's talk about... everything else
desizt

Re: ranked leaderboard top 25, only 5 destro

Post#21 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:13 am

dansari wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:00 am
desizt wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:36 pm Easy, Slayers are borderline broken. KoTBS and 2h Ironbreakers are literally the best tanks in the game.

And yes, Chosen is also great, but you see 1 out of 10 Chosens who actually run a half-decent build. And no, 2h BG does not even come close to 2h IB.
I had a visceral, physical reaction to this
That's why bias is bad for you. Only Order-only players don't see a problem with Slayers wrecking in ranked or how IB has always been superior to BG since live :)
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Ads
dansari

Post#22 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:14 pm

Bruh 2h BG is amazing lol what
<Salt Factory>

Flavorburst

Post#23 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:48 pm

This thread has gone from people thinking ~40 matches is a good data set to people unironically stating that IB is better than BG.

This playerbase is FANTASTIC, lol.

desizt

Post#24 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:41 pm

You don't need ranked data to know that IB is better than BG. It's been since live. It still is.

Give one good reason why that statement is wrong instead of "bruh 2H BG is amazing"...
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

dansari

Post#25 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:24 pm

desizt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:41 pm You don't need ranked data to know that IB is better than BG. It's been since live. It still is.

Give one good reason why that statement is wrong instead of "bruh 2H BG is amazing"...
Lawl *that's* why I see so many 2h IB in ranked and 2h BGs are *no where to be found* lmao

Edit: that's also not how logical arguments work. You made the claim, now provide evidence for why 2h IB >>> 2h BG; don't expect others to disprove you by providing evidence until you provide your own, especially since the commonly held belief counters your claim.
<Salt Factory>

desizt

Post#26 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:06 pm

dansari wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:24 pm
desizt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:41 pm You don't need ranked data to know that IB is better than BG. It's been since live. It still is.

Lawl *that's* why I see so many 2h IB in ranked and 2h BGs are *no where to be found* lmao

Edit: that's also not how logical arguments work. You made the claim, now provide evidence for why 2h IB >>> 2h BG; don't expect others to disprove you by providing evidence until you provide your own, especially since the commonly held belief counters your claim.
Simple, BG has offensive mechanic on hate, you only build hate when you or your hate friend connects. IB builds grudge way quicker if you know how to swap properly. IB also brings few better buffs that BG doesn't.

The only difference is that some gear favors BG's offensive mechanic more.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

blechkautz

Post#27 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:22 pm

desizt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:06 pm

Simple, BG has offensive mechanic on hate, you only build hate when you or your hate friend connects. IB builds grudge way quicker if you know how to swap properly. IB also brings few better buffs that BG doesn't.

Thats wrong. Darkprotector gives (like Oathfriend) hate if your buddy gets hit.

Flavorburst

Post#28 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:28 pm

blechkautz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:22 pm

Of course it's wrong. Desizt has no idea what he is talking about.

It's interesting to listen to the one person on the entire server that thinks IB > BG, though.

Ads
desizt

Post#29 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:32 pm

blechkautz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:22 pm

You're right, I for some reason remembered that BG oathfriend worked the same way as BG's own hatred gain mechanic. Probably because it used to be like that when BG was released on live.

Basically, BG is great as an offensive tank, but IB brings more to the table in regards of buffs. Which I find more important than just the assist dps.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

Ototo

Post#30 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm

This is completely wrong and not how Grundge mechanic works, not even close, not even "I have at least read the tooltips in the career builder" close. Grundge and Hate mechanics are exactly the same. Please, at least read the tooltips b4 making random claims, thanks.

SPOILER ALERT: BG has a lot better 2h tree skills, tactics, and group synergy. Thing that you would have known by simply going to the career builder. Also the Hate boost tactics are more powerful. These are half of the things power up by Hate, and these are the other half that I couldn't link in the 1st. All but one tactic can be used with 2h weapons. By contrast these are all but one of the things power up by Grundge, last one being the mid tree last skill, that requires shield so is irrelevant for 2handed. Idk for you, dude, but in my book 7 potential picks in mastery trees are more than 4, without a single tactic. Oh, wait, you can also use Grundges to improve hate by monsters slotting a tactic... :?

I suggest that you leave T1, only place where IB is better due to the fact that it has a very unique tool for that tier, a knockdown, and progress your IB to T4. Try to fight, and win, 1vs1 a BG, same gear and renown, and come back. 2nd spoiler: The BG it's gonna crush you time and again as long as he knows minimally well the class.

Edit: Or if you focus group, bring the same composition of DPS and healers, and equally mirror the tanks. Same result as above. IB team will lose time and again.
Spoiler: