Recent Topics

Ads

End contents (my idea)

Let's talk about... everything else
Maroe337

End contents (my idea)

Post#1 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:33 pm

There isn't anything appealing about the bags obtained from the RvR once the equipment has been assembled.
This is what I thought about the revitalization of the RvR and the game's end content.
The following would be added to the bags obtained from the RvR.

・trophy enchant scroll (u can enchant only on trophy)
+1-20 random stats point

This would have the effect of adding abilities to the trophy. Only one ability would be allowed for each trophy, and when a second one is used, it would override the first one.
The level of the granted ability would be a random level like in Diablo, so repeatedly obtaining bags from the RvR would be needed to get good trophy.

If this is implemented, all of the RvR bags would be more exciting, and it would be possible to enjoy the growth of the character for a long time.
What do you think?

Ads
Ototo

Re: End contents (my idea)

Post#2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:41 pm

So, a possibility of +100 to stats...

Just stop making me talk about the Sovereign rebalance of live server that pretty much killed the entire gear system and made it the only relevant set, allowing players to rolfstomp even Warlord gear character with extreme ease. It scares the hell out of me to think that it can happen here too with the introduction of Sovereign.

If you don't need the bags anymore, please Opt Out of them for the players that need them still. Thanks.
Spoiler:

zulnam

Post#3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Continuously adding rewards to keep the playerbase engaged is a dangerous game. Not only can it break balance, but it will make the gap for new character/players much bigger (it’s already pretty big imo but that’s neither here nor there).

At some point you should just play a game because you like it. Not because it keeps rewarding you. This is the money grabbing design that big publishers use in modern titles to keep players engaged and spending (money).

I’ve been playing RoR on and off for 4+ years and i’ve never reached a point where i wouldn’t be excited when winning a purple/gold bag.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Popcornus

Post#4 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:24 pm

So, essentially Warpforged/Doomflayer/RR100 powercreep tied to welfare RvR bags?
That's sounds great. Why bother itemizing your toon properly if you can just randomly throw stats at it, at some point you'll hit the crucial thresholds by virtue of pure unadultered luck - and if you don't: Just take your grief to the forums and try to strongarm the devs into catering to you, hop onto the next game that releases like a locoust and leave behind a game that has lost its identity.

It's the go-to-strategy in today's gaming sphere.

EDIT: Cynicsm fueled by:
Maroe337 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:33 pm The level of the granted ability would be a random level like in Diablo, [...]
Color is mine. Skinner boxes are crafted to generate neverending monetary profits and are not to be conflated with good game design, or 'game design' to begin with.

toffikx

Post#5 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:00 pm

This could only add to the confusion and chaos of an already complex balance system.
Additional rewards from rvr bags could be something like trophies, alternative apperances, liniments.
Keep in mind new sets, jewelry and weapons are on the horizon. You can also just roll a new character :)