Recent Topics

Ads

Loot bags in RvR Siege

Let's talk about... everything else
Snowman2009

Loot bags in RvR Siege

Post#1 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:50 am

Hello

I am a new player to Warhammer online. I play a chosen (lvl 30 tank) I would like to know how does one improve his chances at loot bags in RvR sieges. Recently I ran a few sieges and manned the Ram as well as defended my team mates with shield wall and did damage to the Keep boss and got a gold bag (woo Hoo) while in another raid I did the same thing and was unable to click the loot chest. Don’t get me wrong I am glad that I got RP and Influence when the zone flipped, but I am not sure how a tank get Siege loot bag with more certainty, also how does one secure Castle Siege spots better as a tank?

Please share your experiences o wise players.

Thank you in advance.

Also does DPS just have easier time placing on Siege loots? Also

Ads
Ototo

Re: Loot bags in RvR Siege

Post#2 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:26 am

It's pretty much random once you hit a certain amount of contribution to take the zone, which can vary. You also get an increased amount of getting a better bag each time that you don't win a bag, or win anything below gold. In example, if you don't win a bag, next time that you contribute to a zone you have higher chances to win any bag; if you win a blue bag, next time you have more chances to win a purple or gold; etc... you only consume this "bonus" to roll bags when you win a gold one.
Spoiler:

Gangan

Post#3 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:04 am

You win bags for locking a zone, the siege is only a part of this.
Fighting at and taking BOs, returning supplies or destroing enemies supplies, killing players, fulfilling your archetype rolls, and so on will grant you contribution for this zone. E.g as a tank during keep fights operating/attacking the ram, using guard, HTL and other buffs to support your party/alllies, tanking and damaging the lord and of course fighting and killing enemies helps also.
Taking the keep is rewarded with a big chunk of xp/inf/RR, depending on your activities during the attack, but also the activities of the defenders,( no defenders ->very small reward)
At the lock you will roll for yourself and for each bag individual, depending on your contribution for this zone, plus a random roll. How the contri is calculated exactly is kept secret for good reasons, to prevent abuse.
First you roll for gold, if you don't get one, a bonus will be added next time , after that you'll roll for purple and this process repeats for each bag until you either win a bag (and the corresponding bonus is consumed and no additional rolls are made) or if you have bad luck and don't get a bag this time.
With .bag you can check the boni you have collected for your next bag rolls.
If I remember correctly you need 1000 points for gold, 900 for purple, 800 blue,...
The items inside the bags vary with your level and renown-rank.

So as a tank it's best to stay with your party/wb and fulfill your tank-roll. Guard party members that take DMG and stay in range to them, use a shield and spam "hold the line" to annoy the enemies range-dps, use your group-buffs, use the ram, etc...
You won't get a bag each lock, but your chance to win one will constantly increase over the time.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

wonshot

Post#4 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:05 am

While ingame you can check the command ".bag" to see your bonusroll to each RvR lootbag-color. (safetynet for players to get loot eventually)

For each zonelock where you contribute enough to get bonus rolls, or cash-in a bonus roll for a lootbag all depending on how much you contributed in the zone.

We dont know the exact values of what does bring your contribution up and by how much.
But running resource boxes, being in range of the keep when the doors go down, beating on the lord, flipping Battleobjectives all seem to make sence in terms of contribution. Killing gives contribution too :)

Depending on your Rank and Renown rank you get higher tier rewards, so "saving" your bonus rolls by not trying to get a goldbag roll before you can get one of the later sets, is a strategy some veterans use. But just play and have fun in oRvR, bags will come with time.

Guarding a high killer seems to give good group-contribution and tanking the lord, id assume gives good tanking contribution (get 0.00chance to be critted for tanking anything NPC/PVE related and some pvp)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO