Recent Topics

Ads

Best stats for a tank?

Let's talk about... everything else
Rowduk

Best stats for a tank?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:31 am

Hi All,

I'm looking to Level up a mean, Green, Black Ork.

I'm planning to Sword and Shield it.

What are the most important stats for a tank?

Toughness, Wounds, Armor, Corporeal Resistance, Spiritual Resistance, Elemental Resistance: Block, Parry, or Dodge?

At face value, Dodge and Block seem the strongest, as they stop damage altogether. But Toughness reduces (all???) damage taken, so maybe that's better?

Ads
Wam

Re: Best stats for a tank?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:45 am

Rowduk wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:31 am Hi All,

I'm looking to Level up a mean, Green, Black Ork.

I'm planning to Sword and Shield it.

What are the most important stats for a tank?

Toughness, Wounds, Armor, Corporeal Resistance, Spiritual Resistance, Elemental Resistance: Block, Parry, or Dodge?

At face value, Dodge and Block seem the strongest, as they stop damage altogether. But Toughness reduces (all???) damage taken, so maybe that's better?
INI! (reduced chance to be crit)

you want a mix, bork starts off with very bad chance to be crit so you want to spend 15 renown into futile strikes, and atleast 2 talismans into iniative... you also kinda want wounds / toughness also depending on your tactics / gear to bulk you up... aim on getting your chance to be crit as tank to 0%

Resistances you can use tome unlock gear around lvl 35... get the winds impervious set... green block belt, renown back piece from vendor, from a lair boss or beastlord cloak is good enough ... and get ruin via T4 Pve Public Quests ... Aim for SC RR 39 one hand weapon / shield... then subj shield is okay and less work than other choices

Block = Morale, 10% block, +toughness, + wounds is solid core tactics also for you to begin with then play around tweaking to find what suits you.

other renown you want to improve dodge / disrupt, block and parry... dodge/disrupt and block is main priority helps with range dps... parry should help with guard and melee, but in large scale fights melee are more likely to pick less squishy options first than a big bork on the frontline. you are lower level so hard to judge but, aiming for block 40% parry around 20% dodge/disrupt around 25% ... toughness around 700 and wounds over 9000 (softcap is 10500 + I think) that is good to aim for, don't worry if you are a few % short to begin with as its what you are aiming for and with more renown and better gear then it become obtainable. (genesis jewlery from zone locks after rr41 etc)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Rowduk

Post#3 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:03 am

Thanks for the reply Wam, I wouldn't have thought reducing the chance to crit is such a big deal! Great tip.

Question, you may not know the answer to this, but if I'm at 0% chance to be crit, and an enemy is at (let's say) 40% crit chance. Is their crit reduced to 0% or 20% or 40% etc?

Sulorie

Post#4 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:21 am

Rowduk wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:03 am
Question, you may not know the answer to this, but if I'm at 0% chance to be crit, and an enemy is at (let's say) 40% crit chance. Is their crit reduced to 0% or 20% or 40% etc?
It will be 40%. The point is, when your chance to be crit is 15%, the enemy will hit you with 55% crit chance, if their own crit chance is 40%.
You can even go into negative chance to be crit to actively reduce enemy chance to crit you.
Dying is no option.

Rowduk

Post#5 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:32 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:21 am
It will be 40%. The point is, when your chance to be crit is 15%, the enemy will hit you with 55% crit chance, if their own crit chance is 40%.
You can even go into negative chance to be crit to actively reduce enemy chance to crit you.
Thank you for all the info!

Cheers!

Chinesehero

Post#6 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:34 am

u are half correct. they are not + but is multiply relation, just same as the armor penetration and armor relation
why cant see ur dps am in SC long time?

Sulorie

Post#7 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:02 am

Chinesehero wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:34 am
u are half correct. they are not + but is multiply relation, just same as the armor penetration and armor relation
-chance to be crit on gear and renown is additive and both can reduce your chance to be crit into negative. Armor and penetration are %-based values and completely different.
You don't see me, because I am destro main. :)
Dying is no option.

Chinesehero

Post#8 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:02 am
Chinesehero wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:34 am
-chance to be crit on gear and renown is additive and both can reduce your chance to be crit into negative. Armor and penetration are %-based values and completely different.
You don't see me, because I am destro main. :)
so u try to make a dps am in order side to make us lose? a spy action?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:12 am

Chinesehero wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 am so u try to make a dps am in order side to make us lose? a spy action?
Would a spy admit, that he/she is a spy? Man, don't you have spy movies in china? :^)

I wouldn't help order either with their 1:10 heal/tank:dps ratio in ranked sc.
Dying is no option.

anarchypark

Post#10 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:55 am

block > parry > chance to be crit > disrupt/dodge > stats : toughness/wounds/armor
stat priority is personal taste.
armor/wound for pve
wound for bomb( maybe )
tough for overall dmg reduction

snb BO have 160 wound/toughneess + 10% block tactic. + ohshit button.
you can eat 3 rotations of dps without heal.
put it to good use.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)