Recent Topics

Ads

WL or SH stronger?

Let's talk about... everything else
Chinesehero

Re: WL or SH stronger?

Post#31 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 am

Aceboltz wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:13 am But Chinesehero, do you even have a destro toon to know how it is to face a WL? Or do you just assume you know from listening the cries of WLs killed in rvr by mDOKs and shaman?

Worry not, WL is still the second best melee in the game, after slayer and before aSW.
if u only say WL, since WL pounce can stick to SH but SH have too many cc ability. do u know what mean
for dmg WL high a little than a SH but Sh hold so many cc ability to hit other toon.
ofc sh cant run away from a wL for that both type know pounce

the strong of SH is that they can hit healer or bw engi with their OP cc ability and they can easy run away with those op ability

Ads
Keldo

Post#32 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:40 am

What bothers me the most is melee squig excels in almost all plays:
- warband, good aoe, good survival
- sc's, see that weak caster in the back? Pounce in knockdown so your team gets there.
- solo 1v1, the class can't be kited, and this pisses me off the most.

Most melee have a weakness, and that's ranged... You can kite most melee's ofc they have SOME gap closers, like sprint, pulls, stealth.

SH has:
- pounce with no CD (while every single melee does have a CD on it, or needs to sacrafice other utility like pulls and KD's)
- sprint
- and a disengage

Combine this with decent dmg (oke not highest burst), a KD, good dmg mitigation and you have a OP class.

For the dev's, sorry I really don't know how to fix this class, maybe begin with giving the pounce a CD so you atleast have a chance as caster?

Ototo

Post#33 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:56 am

Aceboltz wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:13 am But Chinesehero, do you even have a destro toon to know how it is to face a WL? Or do you just assume you know from listening the cries of WLs killed in rvr by mDOKs and shaman?

Worry not, WL is still the second best melee in the game, after slayer and before aSW.
Sure. Not that we see a lot of choppas and Mele SH, oh, wait...

I play both sides, and destro bomb squad is a tad more powerful. You can pull with choppas, knockdown with SHs, and pretty much do everything else with Magi and Maras.

If you look at the classes realm-wide, destros have more sinergy. To do the same thing that 4 destro classes can, you need all 6 order dps classes.

So, while WE/WH/WL win in the burst department, SH/Mara/Choppa win completely in the utility department. A-SW is somewhat lagging behind cause you can't do much more than knockdown a single target.

Is order forced to hunt down in solo?

I just want to have the chance to play in WB in order like I do in destro, but currently is very difficult.
Spoiler:

normanis

Post#34 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:06 am

order should live withit or play ather games like wow. ''game is VERY balanced in ror''. or noone give fuk to balance game. just saying, we still live in democrazy. evryone have rights to share his opinion. read recent patch notes
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Keldo

Post#35 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:10 am

normanis wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:06 am order should live withit or play ather games like wow. ''game is VERY balanced in ror''. or noone give fuk to balance game. just saying, we still live in democrazy. evryone have rights to share his opinion. read recent patch notes
Sorry I don't agree, I like playing ror, for me it's the best mmo out there at the moment. I am one of those guys who loves to play one side, Im playing order.

This doesn't mean I need to play a different game if I think the faction balance is off.
In MY opinion one of the problem is the Destro bomb where a SH is a main problem off.
So yes I ventilate my opinion in hopes of change, not that I expect full game balance, but a more even fight.

normanis

Post#36 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:21 am

Keldo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:10 am
normanis wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:06 am order should live withit or play ather games like wow. ''game is VERY balanced in ror''. or noone give fuk to balance game. just saying, we still live in democrazy. evryone have rights to share his opinion. read recent patch notes
Sorry I don't agree, I like playing ror, for me it's the best mmo out there at the moment. I am one of those guys who loves to play one side, Im playing order.

This doesn't mean I need to play a different game if I think the faction balance is off.
In MY opinion one of the problem is the Destro bomb where a SH is a main problem off.
So yes I ventilate my opinion in hopes of change, not that I expect full game balance, but a more even fight.
noone will balance game its now 1 sided.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Alfa1986

Post#37 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:27 am

Chinesehero wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:36 am someone is pretend to be blind
SH can pounce. punt , KD, heal debuff, snare jump back, shoot and have a range pet, it is useful than a lion which cant use range

SH almost got all ability of all mdps and rdps
and their dmg is still high having so many cc ability
someone either does not understand or does not know what mSH actually has, or simply misinform people. mSH has no control, well, almost none, any sane healer can survive knock for 3 seconds (since mSH doesn’t have such burst as VVL), disarm is related with a pet (you cannot have a pet when set TA tactic ), and silence is a range ability at all (u cannot use a range skill while u are in mele), heal debuff is a range the same. the punch has a cooldown of 10 seconds (if TA tactic is not set), and it works very poorly, the fact is that while squig "flies", the target manages to run a certain distance and mele skills, such as knock or slowdown, are often inaccessible (the target is arleady no reachable for them ). so in reality mSH has punch, knock, slowdown, aoe dot, aoe dps, two single dps, aoe root, and increased speed + 75% with a 60 second cooldown))) which also interupts imediatly if the squig does any jump)

Ps

lets me be some toxic

and yes, if we talk about the op, is it not better to talk about engineers? what other class in the game has such a huge DPS, and so much control?)
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Blasio

Post#38 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:38 am

It seems this comparsion topic deviated to a "if the MSH is op".
Im not an expert by any means and just came back from a long break but I welcome the fact that now there actually are melee SHs in the game. Its in the game and meant to be played though before I've never seen them on the battlefield, only saw squig armor in use when a paniced SH tried to escape melee range.
I think that was the reason when the developers buffed/reworked(?) the class: the needed encouragement to players to play a neglected spec rightly do so.

Ads
Chinesehero

Post#39 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:17 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:27 am
Chinesehero wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:36 am someone is pretend to be blind
SH can pounce. punt , KD, heal debuff, snare jump back, shoot and have a range pet, it is useful than a lion which cant use range

SH almost got all ability of all mdps and rdps
and their dmg is still high having so many cc ability
someone either does not understand or does not know what mSH actually has, or simply misinform people. mSH has no control, well, almost none, any sane healer can survive knock for 3 seconds (since mSH doesn’t have such burst as VVL), disarm is related with a pet (you cannot have a pet when set TA tactic ), and silence is a range ability at all (u cannot use a range skill while u are in mele), heal debuff is a range the same. the punch has a cooldown of 10 seconds (if TA tactic is not set), and it works very poorly, the fact is that while squig "flies", the target manages to run a certain distance and mele skills, such as knock or slowdown, are often inaccessible (the target is arleady no reachable for them ). so in reality mSH has punch, knock, slowdown, aoe dot, aoe dps, two single dps, aoe root, and increased speed + 75% with a 60 second cooldown))) which also interupts imediatly if the squig does any jump)

Ps

lets me be some toxic

and yes, if we talk about the op, is it not better to talk about engineers? what other class in the game has such a huge DPS, and so much control?)
a good melee SH can control the melee and range form well to use those cc ability and that why i say OP. I have met those sh in sc , they can fully use their ability to punt u to snare u and KD u
most SH is good on using a strong punt then they pounce to our healer to kill them
u pretend to be blind so u say this

BeautfulToad

Post#40 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:36 am

Keldo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:40 am What bothers me the most is melee squig excels in almost all plays
There's a number of classes like that. Melee Squig does not really *excel* at any one thing. Even on destro, marauder is probably more versatile than melee Squig.