Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Balance

Let's talk about... everything else
Kwatchi
Suspended

Re: Faction Balance

Post#21 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:03 pm

mubbl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:05 am if half of every pug warband is rollplaying zombies for the first 30-90min it is much fun to lead :cry:
Lol. So true.

I formed/led a blue team WB to defend KV last night since no one would step up. I had done it a bit in Tier 1 and figured that experience would translate.

I don’t have the patience/skill/desire to deal with that ever again. :(

Having said that, I ran around Praag in a Gimle led (Grafter?) two party group on Sunday morning/EU prime. That was a treat to be part of and shows there are good Order PUG leaders out there.

Just not me. :D
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Ads
Marawo

Post#22 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:03 pm
mubbl wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:05 am if half of every pug warband is rollplaying zombies for the first 30-90min it is much fun to lead :cry:
Lol. So true.

I formed/led a blue team WB to defend KV last night since no one would step up. I had done it a bit in Tier 1 and figured that experience would translate.

I don’t have the patience/skill/desire to deal with that ever again. :(

Having said that, I ran around Praag in a Gimle led (Grafter?) two party group on Sunday morning/EU prime. That was a treat to be part of and shows there are good Order PUG leaders out there.

Just not me. :D

That's why I encourage everyone to try to lead at least once. Doesn't matter if they are good or bad at it,
but it gives ppl a better perspective of how a wb works and how to act to be useful for the team.
Hey if anything that experience made you a better player because you know how to not make the life of wb lead harder.

Davjen
Suspended

Post#23 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:08 am

Problem is that good people left the game sadly. Took me one summer to train pugs to actually play in wb properly with discord and coordination. Took a small break, came back and all of them gone ç_ç

So now we having again new people that don't know what to do or how to do something usefull. Main problem is also that destro now is overcrowded. When i started to play and destro was always fighting outnumbered was fun because 70% of destro people even if outnumbered wanted to fight and try to join organized wb to get some fun. Now order is outnumbered but 70% of order people just cry about that and stay afk in altdorf or queue scenario untill fort, so it's hard to have again proper wb running and get interesting things going on.

BeautfulToad

Post#24 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:26 am

I don't think the quality of player has changed.

I do think there is an unhealthy obsession with winning even if nothing is at stake. The 16-39 scenarios probably need limits on premades mainly because the match making system cant cope with them.

Secondly, I don't find order particularly miserable, and you fill up pugs quite quickly. They just don't want to lead warbands. Likewise, with 80% AAO it takes a particular mindset to play under those conditions. You need to be fast, you need to concentrate, keep up with the warband leader, and understand you'll wipe a lot. You can do just as well with a pug that follow instructions since it is mostly guerrilla war tactics. That means you are left with a smaller number of players.

Sulorie

Post#25 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:49 am

I wish order would stay in Altdorf and queue for sc. The reality you can see in ranked solo queue. Destro could fill multiple sc with the people in queue. Order got enough dd but usually only enough tanks and heals for 1 sc at a time, often not even that.
Dying is no option.

Ototo

Post#26 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:49 am I wish order would stay in Altdorf and queue for sc. The reality you can see in ranked solo queue. Destro could fill multiple sc with the people in queue. Order got enough dd but usually only enough tanks and heals for 1 sc at a time, often not even that.
Your answer is simple: duo tank+healer, or simply roll in a tank or healer.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#27 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:27 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:49 am I wish order would stay in Altdorf and queue for sc. The reality you can see in ranked solo queue. Destro could fill multiple sc with the people in queue. Order got enough dd but usually only enough tanks and heals for 1 sc at a time, often not even that.
You forgot to mention, that duos can't queue for solo ranked.
Dying is no option.

Ototo

Post#28 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:27 pm
Ototo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 pm
You forgot to mention, that duos can't queue for solo ranked.
I didn't get that you were meaning solo ranked by itself, and instead I thought that you were using it as example. My fault.
Spoiler:

Ads