Recent Topics

Ads

Do 2H tanks still count as DPS when queueing for SC?

Let's talk about... everything else
Caleb

Do 2H tanks still count as DPS when queueing for SC?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:40 am

As the title asks, do 2h tanks still count as DPS when you queue up for Scenarios?

Ads
Collateral

Re: Do 2H tanks still count as DPS when queueing for SC?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:07 pm

No they don't.

Caleb

Post#3 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:23 pm

Thank you Collateral!

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:25 pm

It depends on your build and stats, it's not about your weapon.
Dying is no option.

Ototo

Post#5 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:58 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:25 pm It depends on your build and stats, it's not about your weapon.
I couldn't play for a couple months and missed that, can you elaborate a bit or point me out where to check those changes? Thanks
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#6 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:03 pm

Ototo wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:58 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:25 pm It depends on your build and stats, it's not about your weapon.
I couldn't play for a couple months and missed that, can you elaborate a bit or point me out where to check those changes? Thanks
We don't know exact requirements but when you are one of 2 tank classes in ranked sc, you can be sure, that your spec and stats are considered tank-worthy. When there are 3, then one of them is considered as dps.
Dying is no option.

toffikx

Post#7 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:03 pm
We don't know exact requirements but when you are one of 2 tank classes in ranked sc, you can be sure, that your spec and stats are considered tank-worthy. When there are 3, then one of them is considered as dps.
Did you participate in a ranked sc that had 3 tank archetypes in the same group?

Cornerback

Post#8 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:19 am

When I spec my IB into vengeance with the channel + greataxe mastery and go for str + crit with renown points, not using focused offense, I'm put in a dps slot. So it's indeed based on spec (and maybe gear)
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:37 am

toffikx wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:09 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:03 pm

Did you participate in a ranked sc that had 3 tank archetypes in the same group?
Ranked has only 1 group and strict 2-2-2 matching for solo queue.
Yes, there were 3 tanks. Sometimes 3 healer classes. One of them counts as dps or healer in those cases.

Going full into 2h mastery on BG and use all str talis but renown spec and gear set are defensive. I count as tank.
Dying is no option.

toffikx

Post#10 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:14 am

Cornerback wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:19 am When I spec my IB into vengeance with the channel + greataxe mastery and go for str + crit with renown points, not using focused offense, I'm put in a dps slot. So it's indeed based on spec (and maybe gear)
Was hoping that only FO memelords would be worthy, but it seems, as written in the patchnotes, that’s not the case. Str + crit rr build sound just like something that would be considered for dps, add to that some kind of offensive gear, and it looks even more likely. The good side is that the mode (6v6 solo) is so random you prolly wont even notice it. The bad side is the salt will start flowing once people go serious about MMR and possible exclusive rewards (will they?). Or maybe if you like drama it’s on the good side too :)