Recent Topics

Ads

Returning to RoR- PvE improvements?

Let's talk about... everything else
consecrated2718

Returning to RoR- PvE improvements?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:36 pm

Hi All,

I was playing RoR back in 2017/early 2018 b4 I picked up some other hobbies that drew me away. Now I have the itch to reinstall RoR again and give it another go. My question is how much has the PvE experience grown? I see some of the dungeons are now available. Have they improved NPCs to use their actual abilities and properly patrol? Or do they still sort of just sit around in massive death stacks?

Ads
Ototo

Re: Returning to RoR- PvE improvements?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm

You will probably be better in other games for PvE, like Vermintide 2 or Chaosbane. This game has always been about RvR, so if you don't plan to do PvP, you are going to be dissapointed sooner or later. Right now PvE is as much as it was in live, so not perfect but nicely playable and reasonably enjoyable, but still short of many dungeons like Land of the Dead or Lost Vale to give variety.
Spoiler:

consecrated2718

Re: Returning to RoR- PvE improvements?

Post#3 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:20 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm You will probably be better in other games for PvE, like Vermintide 2 or Chaosbane. This game has always been about RvR, so if you don't plan to do PvP, you are going to be dissapointed sooner or later. Right now PvE is as much as it was in live, so not perfect but nicely playable and reasonably enjoyable, but still short of many dungeons like Land of the Dead or Lost Vale to give variety.
I see. Thanks for the reply! I always enjoyed RvR but the dungeons/lairs were always a fun alternative so it's good to know the RvR/PvP is still front and center. I look forward to getting back in the swing of things.