Recent Topics

Ads

Mastery joke? Heal Dok vs Heal WP

Let's talk about... everything else
normanis

Re: Mastery joke? Heal Dok vs Heal WP

Post#11 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:58 pm

i think wp need go dualwield and also have all goodies from dps/hybrid dok. 2h wp is on papper good and dualwield is always stabile +10parry.
anyway order clases should coppy paste destro clases so ppl stop stupidly complain about abilitie who noone even use because u need spend points for it 5 feet hahaha
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
ziomek

Post#12 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:50 pm

dps wp plays differently to dps dok & crits much, much higher

Fey

Post#13 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:09 am

Seems like Exalted Defenses tactic is why WP is a better healer. I don't know if anyone uses it, but 20% healing on a disrupt looks pretty good on paper. Wounds buff at 9 points helps as well, I didn't realize they lowered it.

DoK is the superior dps because of Curse of Khaine tactic. Class mirroring is a cancer that should be avoided at all cost.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ototo

Post#14 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:23 am

Fey wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:09 am Seems like Exalted Defenses tactic is why WP is a better healer. I don't know if anyone uses it, but 20% healing on a disrupt looks pretty good on paper. Wounds buff at 9 points helps as well, I didn't realize they lowered it.

DoK is the superior dps because of Curse of Khaine tactic. Class mirroring is a cancer that should be avoided at all cost.
You really need to invest in willpower and disrupt/dodge to make the tactic worthy, cause lets face it, the only real trouble to a healer should come from a RDPS, and only RDPSs in destro are casters (SH is no longer a ranged class), so, where you place the talis/rr that you actually need? Cause you really prefer armor/healing crit. Also, Absence of Faith is a pretty nice skill to support your team vs tanks, and it's kind of hard to decide whether you go for +wounds, which is a pretty constant boost, or with AoF and Sigmar's Shield, for two powerful "Don't Panic" buttons. At rr50+ you can finally pick at least SS, so that's an advantage, but you can't hardly drop the group cleanse tactic, unless that you are working 100% complementary and flawlessly with other group cleanser and your tanks. You are expected to have both Martyr's Blessing and Group Cleanse, cause 99% of the player-base think that is your role, and will act accordingly.

Funnily enough, all this is only relevant due to the low population of WHs, which are meant to play side-by-side with WPs and complement these niches of offense, buff and debuff.
Spoiler:

Mattia1981

Post#15 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:15 am

I'm the only one that can see all "mirror" classes are completely umbalanced?
I do not pretend to be the most informed, but it's easy to see devs have a lot to work on.

I whined some time ago about archetypes umbalance, read dozens of whines about this or that class. The game is so, deal with it, try to guess what could happen if you compare morals tactics etc.

Ototo

Post#16 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:54 am

They're not mirrors, just archetypes. The theory that they actually mirror skills and mechanics from 2 enemy classes, like in examples, WL=Mara+SH, Mara=WL+SW, SW=SH+Mara, AM=Sham+Sorc, Sorc=BW+AM, etc... but it's pretty hard to make it work flawlessly with 12 inputs for each output, so IMO, both Mythic and RoR-Dev Team have done awesome jobs to make this messy, but extremely interesting, idea happen. Kudos to them.
Spoiler:

Aceboltz

Post#17 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:19 am

Fey wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:09 am Seems like Exalted Defenses tactic is why WP is a better healer. I don't know if anyone uses it, but 20% healing on a disrupt looks pretty good on paper. Wounds buff at 9 points helps as well, I didn't realize they lowered it.

It's 100% proc chance when "you defend against an attack", ie disrupt, dodge, parry and now ,thanks to the introduction of the shield to doks and wps, block.
And you are right, they lowered the wounds buff in the mastery tree, I also never noticed. Does this means the value was reduced as well because the talents is more accessible?

Ototo

Post#18 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:31 am

Aceboltz wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:19 am

It's 100% proc chance when "you defend against an attack", ie disrupt, dodge, parry and now ,thanks to the introduction of the shield to doks and wps, block.
And you are right, they lowered the wounds buff in the mastery tree, I also never noticed. Does this means the value was reduced as well because the talents is more accessible?
I challenge you to make a non-offensive rr40 build that has both the skill at 10 points and all required skills and tactics for a decent frontline healer. You have to give Pious Restoration, Divine Light or Sigmar's Shield in order to get it. I specifically spoke about this in my previous comment.
Spoiler:

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:30 pm

normanis wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:58 pm i think wp need go dualwield and also have all goodies from dps/hybrid dok. 2h wp is on papper good and dualwield is always stabile +10parry.
anyway order clases should coppy paste destro clases so ppl stop stupidly complain about abilitie who noone even use because u need spend points for it 5 feet hahaha
Wp gets the 10% parry from Sigmar's Vision, dok has no parry buff besides tactic/dual wield, so same total parry. Wp also gets a stable 10% block/parry penetration from 2h (other classes get only block penetration from 2h), dok's Warding Strike can be parried (and doesn't effects block). Knowing classes you post about is important.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

normanis

Post#20 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:30 pm
normanis wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:58 pm i think wp need go dualwield and also have all goodies from dps/hybrid dok. 2h wp is on papper good and dualwield is always stabile +10parry.
Wp gets the 10% parry from Sigmar's Vision, dok has no parry buff besides tactic/dual wield, so same total parry. Wp also gets a stable 10% block/parry penetration from 2h (other classes get only block penetration from 2h), dok's Warding Strike can be parried (and doesn't effects block). Knowing classes you post about is important.
i think its blessing and dok can debuff 10%parry. (also dok have stabile +10%parry and he debuffs 10%parry) byt its on papper look good, i reality i dont know i stoped play hybrid dok because evryone in sc hated me :(
p.s i dont mind see dualwield wp
i remember time when ppl asked for shield to wp and gms said no.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"