Recent Topics

Ads

Mastery joke? Heal Dok vs Heal WP

Let's talk about... everything else
Sildarusse

Re: Mastery joke? Heal Dok vs Heal WP

Post#21 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:42 pm

I like when people are comparing classes as if they exist in complete vacuum :-)
Comparing DoK vs WP without considering other classes synergies is wrong, IMHO.
Class and Archetype balance was one of the reasons why official Warhammer Online ceased it's existence.
WP has always been and will always be the most easy mode OP healer in this game in PvP.
At the same time, RR100 DoK with top gear was SOLOING The Lost Vale.
DoK is stronger on DD/Heal combo side and that's how the class was designed.
DoKs were roaming and ganking small groups of Order players. Try to repeat that with WP.
Skilled and well geared WPs are VERY tough to kill but can't kill themselves (yeah-yeah-yeah, I know that some of them believe that they can do something with their 2H builds but that's, unfortunately for them is a myth. LOL.)

P.S. There is a game where classes are perfectly mirrored - World of Warcraft. :D

Ads
ziomek

Post#22 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:05 pm

Ridduk wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:32 pm I wouldn't mind having the wounds buff mirrored to DoK (Khaine's Favor/Blessing), removable ofc. If it were done, i think the DoK's snare proc should be mirrored to WP's dmg prayer.
would be ridiculous as order already dominate in the aoe snares dept.

Sildarusse

Post#23 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:45 pm

ziomek wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:05 pm
Ridduk wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:32 pm I wouldn't mind having the wounds buff mirrored to DoK (Khaine's Favor/Blessing), removable ofc. If it were done, i think the DoK's snare proc should be mirrored to WP's dmg prayer.
This. Both DoK and WP are armoured healers. With DoK being rather offensive armoured healer and WP being defensive armoured healer.
They are just different and shouldn't be mirrored, IMHO.

Ridduk

Post#24 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:23 am

ziomek wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:05 pm
;)

havartii

Post#25 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:50 pm

Doesn't the Zealot get a wounds ability? pretty sure. The Zealot is far superior to the Ruin Priest.. but you don't play those classes so you don't complain. If you go down the line there are classes that are similar but none mirror each other. Both sides have advantages and disadvantages and that is what makes the game fun. You need to learn to counter the other side with what you get. Not everyone gets the same stuff. Are you new?
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Sulorie

Post#26 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:42 pm

havartii wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:50 pm Doesn't the Zealot get a wounds ability?
So does the rune priest, it's mirrored.
Dying is no option.

BeautfulToad

Post#27 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:25 am

Sigmar's shield is a strange pick to focus on. Is the original poster saying it is OP? It's a nice skill but not used nearly as much as other skills. Likewise, it is basically a lifetap so only useful for Grace (and maybe wrath) which makes it a highly situational skill. Grace is basically about Sacrifice + Sigmar Radiance = absolutely massive party healing. Maybe it might be useful in wrath if you have a guard or something.

Not tried DoK, but they seem to be a very strong class. I find Warrior Priest is an underrated class, and the main problem is that Grace in particular is misunderstood by other order players, who constantly complain if you are not standing in the backline as a WP.