Recent Topics

Ads

absorb all damage guard is it possible ?

Let's talk about... everything else
hogun

absorb all damage guard is it possible ?

Post#1 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:18 pm

hello,

it's been a long time since I set the forum on fire...

what is the highest parry rate for a tank? and who is the tank with the highest rate of parry
Let me remind you that all the damage from the guard skill is absorbed by the parry skill.

/kiss :twisted: :twisted:
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Ads
Onemantankwall

Re: absorb all damage guard is it possible ?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:43 pm

Parry caps at 75% and id think chosen gets the easiest parry with snb granting 50% with buff/tactic
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Aurandilaz

Post#3 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:43 pm Parry caps at 75% and id think chosen gets the easiest parry with snb granting 50% with buff/tactic
source? don't remember this change
physical mitigation maxes at 75% (rarely reached due to attackers armor pen values etc) - but parry?

Onemantankwall

Post#4 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:50 pm

Stat doll, i can get my chosens parry to 77% oranges at 75

Manatikik

Post#5 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:45 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:43 pm Parry caps at 75% and id think chosen gets the easiest parry with snb granting 50% with buff/tactic
physical mitigation maxes at 75% (rarely reached due to attackers armor pen values etc) - but parry?

All hard avoidances have a hard cap (in the equation) of 75%.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ekundu01

Post#6 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:10 pm

If i am not mistaken armor is capped at 75% mitigation but you can go over it so you can still have close to max mitigation when someone has armor bypass.

All defenses in rvr block, parry, dodge, disrupt used to be capped at 50% iirc and morales that gave you 100% to specific defenses over ride the cap. Undefendable attacks override even morales 100% chance.

Paper doll stats for parry shows your parry chance with weapon skill calculation in it but bonus parry from weapon skill gets reduced based on your attackers strength vs your weapon skill. If your weapon skill is equal to your attackers strength you will only get an extra 7.5% parry from weapon skill and not what the paper doll shows. The more str they have over your weapon skill the less bonus you get. Also if they have any gear on them that reduces chance to be parried that reduces your parry even further.

Guard defense is capped at 25% for parry because guard damage is calculated as 0 str, with only 4 points in Weapon skill you will have max chance to parry guard damage. Not sure if block is capped at the same chance for guard damage. The info about parry for guard damage was posted somewhere on the forums here but it was a while back but i don't think it has changed.
Trismack

hogun

Post#7 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:31 pm

very interesting, I also think it's the chosen the winner... but how much ...

it is certain that the most experienced destruction players would have warned about the possibility of fully absorbing guard damage if it were possible ...you know the "premade" players ...they all know about the game ... :twisted:
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Onemantankwall

Post#8 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:44 pm

75% parry is far from 100% so dmg is still taken. Unlike the knight who has far better cc chosen is the definition of tank... stand in guard range while buffing/debuffing with aruas otherwise other than a well timed kd/quake that doesnt give free immunities ur pretty much doing ur job just standing there looking badass cycling ur buffs to kerp u tanky which to most is boring af

Also 75% goes to -10% vs cheesefest rampagers while order doesnt have any defense issue.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#9 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:06 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:57 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:45 pm

All hard avoidances have a hard cap (in the equation) of 75%.
hmm, probably true, cant remember every change done on ROR, but what I remember is some new parry things like BG having +700% parry buff, and WH RB being +100% and several M1s being +100%, and Chosen able to stack close to 100% as well (BG and SM as well over +90s)
trying to keep up with all the combat calculations changes and caps affecting them is tiresome :D

adamthelc

Post#10 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:27 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:44 pm 75% parry is far from 100% so dmg is still taken. Unlike the knight who has far better cc chosen is the definition of tank... stand in guard range while buffing/debuffing with aruas otherwise other than a well timed kd/quake that doesnt give free immunities ur pretty much doing ur job just standing there looking badass cycling ur buffs to kerp u tanky which to most is boring af

Also 75% goes to -10% vs cheesefest rampagers while order doesnt have any defense issue.
Are you trying to say you cant parry guard damage caused by a rampaging slayer?