Recent Topics

Ads

absorb all damage guard is it possible ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: absorb all damage guard is it possible ?

Post#21 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:19 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:51 am
Ysaran wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:59 am both stat doll and character windows are inaccurate. i cant speak for stat doll, but the character window use WS to calculate parry. atm the formula doesn't use WS to calculate parry so even if there is written "100% parry" it may actually be lower. use getstat to know if it's true 100%, other source aren't valid.
getstats wouldn't help, because it ignores parry gained from ws.
Well, Devs have the last word about caps, I can't say much about them. but parry gained from WS is dynamic and it depends on attacker Str. in the screenshot he have 111% parry because character window take into account WS since it uses the old parry formula.
With getstat you will see you base parry chance, but you can't know how many bonus parry you will get against an enemy since the formula now is (your WS)/(attacker Str)x7.5% and it's capped as 25%
Zputadenti

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#22 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 pm

adamthelc wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:27 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:44 pm 75% parry is far from 100% so dmg is still taken. Unlike the knight who has far better cc chosen is the definition of tank... stand in guard range while buffing/debuffing with aruas otherwise other than a well timed kd/quake that doesnt give free immunities ur pretty much doing ur job just standing there looking badass cycling ur buffs to kerp u tanky which to most is boring af

Also 75% goes to -10% vs cheesefest rampagers while order doesnt have any defense issue.
Are you trying to say you cant parry guard damage caused by a rampaging slayer?
You can't defend guard damage on an undefendable attack. If the target you are guarding gets hit with an undefendable the guard damage is undefendable according to the wiki. So if you are guarding a target that is getting hit by a slayer with rampage you will take every guard damage hit.
Trismack

Ysaran

Post#23 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:21 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:44 pm 75% parry is far from 100% so dmg is still taken. Unlike the knight who has far better cc chosen is the definition of tank... stand in guard range while buffing/debuffing with aruas otherwise other than a well timed kd/quake that doesnt give free immunities ur pretty much doing ur job just standing there looking badass cycling ur buffs to kerp u tanky which to most is boring af

Also 75% goes to -10% vs cheesefest rampagers while order doesnt have any defense issue.
You can't defend guard damage on an undefendable attack. If the target you are guarding gets hit with an undefendable the guard damage is undefendable according to the wiki. So if you are guarding a target that is getting hit by a slayer with rampage you will take every guard damage hit.
this is new to me. where can i find the source? i would like to read more about it
Zputadenti

hogun

Post#24 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Both statistics are interesting, so the 110% are very meaningful for everyone. It's even huge!

As for the indefensible attacks... I need a test to confirm...
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Zxul

Post#25 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:21 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 pm

this is new to me. where can i find the source? i would like to read more about it
Was specifically changed by devs to work this way, was in patch notes long ago.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

rocc

Post#26 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:56 am

Ekundu01 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:10 pmPaper doll stats for parry shows your parry chance with weapon skill calculation in it but bonus parry from weapon skill gets reduced based on your attackers strength vs your weapon skill. If your weapon skill is equal to your attackers strength you will only get an extra 7.5% parry from weapon skill and not what the paper doll shows. The more str they have over your weapon skill the less bonus you get. Also if they have any gear on them that reduces chance to be parried that reduces your parry even further.

Thank you, i undestand why my 75% of parad work only in PVE when i look the windows of resultats damages.