Recent Topics

Ads

dps is over powered

Let's talk about... everything else
Alsayr

Re: dps is over powered

Post#21 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:53 am

if you not guarded by good tank and play with 1 healer you can think dps is op.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
havartii

Post#22 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:23 am

@ Alsayr I would agree, you may be .. but most other players are not. That is exactly my point. There is a lot to grind in this game from gear to mats to gold everything is a big grind, and so are all mmo's. This game is heavy pvp and that's why we play it. You should be rewarded for playing it and gain good gear, mats ect. I have no issues with game mechanics. Just how dps is so much stronger than everything else. So fights are very short and imo not as enjoyable as they used to be / could be. No I would not like to see unkillable tanks like in live, but i miss being in a small group and being able to kite bigger groups and even occasionally winning against them. This is not an option in the current state of the game.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Odaop

Post#23 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:27 am

Not to derail but how should a SW spec defensively after grabbing crit? Feel like whatever i try be it FS, ini, wounds, toughness, it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Zxul

Post#24 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:39 am

Odaop wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:27 am Not to derail but how should a SW spec defensively after grabbing crit? Feel like whatever i try be it FS, ini, wounds, toughness, it doesn't seem to make any difference.
On the side note on my hybrid dps dok in 5 rr I'm going FS 4 (combined with 275 init and -6% to be crit from items), just to make the life of those who spec around crits more interesting.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Twyxx

Post#25 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm

If you're playing a healer and you're dying in a few seconds to dps (especially 1-2), you're doing something very, very wrong.

Celyt

Post#26 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Dps isn't over powered. Just people are under skilled. Learn your class, ask for advice for survivability a move on

Alfa1986

Post#27 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:23 pm

24 AOE made DPS God in RVR. Well, of course, it’s more interesting to play DPS, and most importantly if you play bad on dps, then few people can see it, but if you play poorly on a healer then everyone sees it at once and writes all sorts of nasty things to PM).
Twyxx wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm If you're playing a healer and you're dying in a few seconds to dps (especially 1-2), you're doing something very, very wrong.
it all depends on the level of rr and equipment (healer vs dps), as well as on the skill of the enemy to play for DPS. if you play as a low-level healer, then you just can’t survive the 3 sec stun from hi rr witch elf, but even if you play as a high-level healer, you can be killed in a few seconds by burst BW, or SH, or ENG.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

havartii

Post#28 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:10 am

@Twyxx teach me please, better yet stream you playing a shaman and lets see how well you survive KEKW I know this will never happen. because you are just talk .. thats all :)
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#29 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:08 am

havartii wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:10 am @Twyxx teach me please, better yet stream you playing a shaman and lets see how well you survive KEKW I know this will never happen. because you are just talk .. thats all :)
Twyxx can handle herself. Heal sham is probably THE most survivable healer in like 90% of all situations....as for the healing, it lacks some burst and has AP issues. What are you having issues with, specifically?

Eathisword

Post#30 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 am

havartii wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:10 am @Twyxx teach me please, better yet stream you playing a shaman and lets see how well you survive KEKW I know this will never happen. because you are just talk .. thats all :)
Twyxx plays better than 99% of the players in game. And she's right. Within a half decent gear setup, say conq and better, If you die fast to 1 dps as a healer, you are bad. If you die fast to 1 dps as a tank, you are also bad. Dps versus dps it depends on the matchup.

And as Bearz said : shaman is one, if not the hardest class to kill in the game...
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.