Recent Topics

Ads

ICONIC to the devs

Let's talk about... everything else
Kellanved

Re: ICONIC to the devs

Post#21 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:33 am

From my perspective 6men que for city is realy good idea. It force pugies to make proper groups of 6men to enter instance. And breake bomb guilds into small groups (hopefuly) scatered among instances. Why its good? Because there will be space for at least minimal level of fight instead of being farmed by bomb all time long. And no. Small scale players should be able to participate city. City is for everybody, its not guild wb playground. Orvr is playground for them already. And forts.
I bet there will be instances with multiple bomb groups, and one where people will be farmed. But at least this system is trying to reduce that.
Argument that small scale have already their own arena - scs is a joke. Last gear from scs is at Vanq level. No Invader level equeal or future sets. For gear progress you need make pve or rvr. Also bloodlord is not offspec gear for few archetypes. Tanks - yes, healers - yes but for mdps and rdps its just difrent focused dps gear instead of defence focused.
AM / WH / BW / KOTBS / WL
MARA / ZEALOT / BO / MAGUS / WE
And also: Nastymidget - EG / Nastygobbo - SH

Ads
Lorsten

Post#22 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:07 pm

City sieges should be 36v36, it seems fine. Only full groups (6/6) should be allowed to queue City sieges.
If you are a WB leader you can queue 12/18/24 ppl. Top guilds can decide their tactic, based on how many ppl they have online. You can split ur roster to for exampe 4 full parties or 12+12 and queue separately from each other, what increases your realm's chances to win overall. Or u can queue full wb and have nice fights (JK, it will be PUG ownage, because noone guarantees that u will face another strong opponent), but deacrease ur realm chances to win overall.

Postmortem

Post#23 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Full wb que is a terrible idea.

36 vs 36 , 6 man que max.

wonshot

Post#24 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Would be nice to get a comment from the devs on this insted of the community speculating.

I hope I didnt waste my time on this server waiting for this long on finally getting a playground to face other warbands, for it to turn into 6man queues, when they just (finally) got their own wish fulfulled for ranked and MMR matches.

City instances are the ultimate wish for warband guilds, and I truely hope there will be some sort of matchmaking so premade guilds or even guildonly warbands will be faced against eachother. I just dislike the fact that either team can get 1-2 groups of 6mans to swing the instance in their favor and there will be the RNG factor and not just 24v24 guild on guild, but ill take what I can get. But at the same time also more than ready to pull the plug if this turns out to be yet an other 6man focused bracket.

But it is also no suprice to me that many players are scared if they will be matched against full warbands, because they didnt put in the time and efforts to participate on this bracket. well you made your choises.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Direbloodykiller

Post#25 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:25 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 pm Would be nice to get a comment from the devs on this insted of the community speculating.

I hope I didnt waste my time on this server waiting for this long on finally getting a playground to face other warbands, for it to turn into 6man queues, when they just (finally) got their own wish fulfulled for ranked and MMR matches.

City instances are the ultimate wish for warband guilds, and I truely hope there will be some sort of matchmaking so premade guilds or even guildonly warbands will be faced against eachother. I just dislike the fact that either team can get 1-2 groups of 6mans to swing the instance in their favor and there will be the RNG factor and not just 24v24 guild on guild, but ill take what I can get. But at the same time also more than ready to pull the plug if this turns out to be yet an other 6man focused bracket.

But it is also no suprice to me that many players are scared if they will be matched against full warbands, because they didnt put in the time and efforts to participate on this bracket. well you made your choises.
couldnt been better said

wonshot

Post#26 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Also on a sidenote, what are people afraid to face exactly in terms of full bombwarband guilds. Most of these guilds have events 2-3 times per week, not everyone on the same days. And they play for 3hours on average in EU primes.

What are the odds that a city siege will happen in those timeframes, and you get against a full guild warband.

Just from knowing the different guilds scheduel and raid-nights I can easily pick a couple of days where either realm could push city attacks and not face full guildwarbands.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Manatikik

Post#27 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 pm Would be nice to get a comment from the devs on this insted of the community speculating.

Idk man. I want to agree with the fact it should be WB queues but you’re just so wrong with everything you say you are actively convincing me to want to change my mind about it.
<Montague><Capulet>

Direbloodykiller

Post#28 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Kellanved wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:33 am Argument that small scale have already their own arena - scs is a joke. Last gear from scs is at Vanq level. No Invader level equeal or future sets. For gear progress you need make pve or rvr. Also bloodlord is not offspec gear for few archetypes. Tanks - yes, healers - yes but for mdps and rdps its just difrent focused dps gear instead of defence focused.
so what is the problem if you only will meet players with the same gear? if you only play sc's and wont participate in rvr, because this is your statement.
are you playing for gear progression or are you playing to win/have fun?

Ads
Goermsi

Post#29 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm Idk man. I want to agree with the fact it should be WB queues but you’re just so wrong with everything you say you are actively convincing me to want to change my mind about it.
How I celebrate that sentence. You Sir made my day!! :mrgreen:
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

wonshot

Post#30 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:35 pm
Idk man. I want to agree with the fact it should be WB queues but you’re just so wrong with everything you say you are actively convincing me to want to change my mind about it.
Well that is on you, if you think that my viewpoint is wrong. My post clearly stated that it was not factual, I was my personal experience and you did little to no effort in sharing your own view or background, but instead just went for the easy internet-points on trying to sound cookie. So gratz on that, shall we go back to topic now?

I still have yet to hear a solid arguement for why City instances should be limmited to 6man groups max, other than the postern have a background in perfering to play this bracket and are "afraid" of having to face full warbands without the ability to kite to a nearby warcamp or have a decoy zerg to surf on.