Recent Topics

Ads

Population of RoR? Amazing?

Let's talk about... everything else
Hexxur

Population of RoR? Amazing?

Post#1 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:06 am

Hey guys...

i have a couple questions before i start playing this so i dont waste my time haha
i used to play warhammer online back in the day and loved it but i didnt play it much cause WoW
was my main game... now the game has been shut down and i miss it so much...
i was looking at this and thinking maybe i should try a private server since that is still up but then i look
at the server population on the main page and it was showing me mostly 200-300 players out of 1,500 is this true?
if it is isnt this a rly small number for a mmorpg?
or is the counter wrong?
do a lot of people still play this? is it populated do you see a lot of grouping and people running around?
i rly dont want to invest all my time into a dead mmorpg if you know what i mean...
anyways im curious to hear about the state..

Ads
zak68

Re: Population of RoR? Ghost town?

Post#2 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:12 am

in this game you can still have fun without investing all of your precious time: worth a try.
if you have not installed the game yet, watch this first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2U1zKtmuU
ps:try to endure the first tier and never forget that this emulator is still wip.

Boursk

Post#3 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 am

The reason why it's so dead right now is because today they introduced a system to try and make scenarios ranked, but it broke SC's so people can't queue.

Once SC's are fixed people will return again.
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

normanis

Post#4 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:49 am

ita new rvr system . now ppl fight like in apoc server. 10vs 10. sometimes 20 vs 20. evryone waiting for forts that why its seems so dead. previous it wasnt like that.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ysaran

Post#5 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:55 am

while many of the things said by other ppl are true the real reason is that most player are EU and then you will see the big number after 6 pm EU time. sadly during NA time population is very low.
Zputadenti

Haskr

Post#6 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:10 pm

The server is mainly EU population, so from 18 to 22 pm EU time is were the daily action is, also on the weekends for the whole day!

courtsdad1

Post#7 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:10 pm

A lot depends on what time you play as already stated. For me it works out great for some I can see being not so great.

Hexxur

Re: Population of RoR? Amazing?

Post#8 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:28 pm

well im from EU my self so thats not an issue but when i check population the most i ever see is 700 during peak and 200-300 during day isnt this kind of low for a mmorpg??

Ads
Haskr

Post#9 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:56 pm

Hexxur wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:28 pm well im from EU my self so thats not an issue but when i check population the most i ever see is 700 during peak and 200-300 during day isnt this kind of low for a mmorpg??
Ah ok, well that is the normal population I would say, if it is too high or low I can't say, everyone has to decide for himself I think.

For such an old game its still a pretty big community for my taste, sometimes during primetime it even feels a bit too much players in a single zone.

Right now its 800 players, wich is pretty decent for a monday evening I would say.

Alfa1986

Post#10 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Hexxur wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:28 pm well im from EU my self so thats not an issue but when i check population the most i ever see is 700 during peak and 200-300 during day isnt this kind of low for a mmorpg??
I think 150*150 is optimal for one zone in the same time. when population is more 300*300 in one paring it is not really such comfortable to play. although of course the more people the better))
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum