Recent Topics

Ads

Population of RoR? Amazing?

Let's talk about... everything else
Alsayr

Re: Population of RoR? Amazing?

Post#21 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:48 am

Population is pretty good. I have no problem to find group and content to play.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
Nosun

Post#22 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:54 am

Like folks are saying game is only really well populated during EU primetime during the week and all day on weekends. Game is still fun but there are a lot of dead hours if you don't play during this time.

nolofinwe1991

Post#23 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:47 pm

Well lets say things with their name guys. RoR had better days beofre 1.5 year + with 1200+ ppl at prime times. Now if u want to be competitive u need to find a guild that (are 1-2 good at each side) & play wt guild needs. If u want to play casualy in ur place i would be disapointed. Situation here is like this: EVERY1 is playing for the forts. All order losing every zone on purpose for faster forts. its been 100 forts? 100 forts Destro atk Order defend. So the conclusion is that tones of ppl are disapointed with the current shitty situation and stopped playing. Also the contribution in each pvp zone doesnt matter. Means no motivation to any casual player to try to be a bit more competitive, Means alot of afk ppl in zones! Hope things will change with the City Siege project, but i hardly believe it. I think City Siege will be the new Forts & the end of the game. So try it cause its days are numbered :D
~ Hythonia Sorc rr83 ~
~ Nolofinwe SM rr80 ~

ildra

Post#24 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:14 pm

I can only speak from a EU perspective and I'm currently on my 2nd. character, having just hit 40 on my main. There's a lack of people when levelling up. Doing PvE content I was mostly on my own, which is understandable, seeing as most people are probably either on their max lvl main, or levelling through scenarios, twinking their toons.

Personally the levelling experience for was a blast, but nostalgia played some part in that. A few weeks back I had NO idea I'd be playing WAR again, but I'm SO happy I came across RoR.

Krazbag

Post#25 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:14 pm

And don't forget that those 700 players were connected on only ONE server, unlike others MMO wich are servers-crossed (so you don't feel lonely playing).
So yeah, give it a try, you'll see by yourself that it's not empty !

Onemantankwall

Post#26 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Population is what you make it. The communirys love to feign ignorance when it comes to owning that THEY are the population and its issues.

EU can have 700-1000 people on with 400-300 in one zone. Which means if the mindless zergs are in lets say praag. Theres 3 entire maps/campaigns open and you fly to dw or tm guess what you'll find... pure emptiness!!!!

Then you have the problem on the other hand which is u got 700 people in a single area in a giant game, theres nothing but overcrowding and neverending stalemates.

Id guess most rvr lakes are made to handle about 100-200 of people on each side with some breathing room to move and maneuver.

The population is fine if not actually overpopulated because players refuse to do anything but coattail each other in a single zone When the campaign mechanics were always there for you to push multiple fronts.

At NA peak you have alil bit of a better pop in terms of breathing room in a single zone but its not at that 100-200 each side sweet spot leaving some hide and seek being required to find the good fights. Its more along the lines of 80-100 or 40-80

You play solo you play alone join a guild! theres guilds in both time zones on both sides that are active and regularly gather to do stuff together weekly multiple times a week.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!